Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deangelo Hall- Retire Him A Redskin Or Let Him Walk?

rumplestilskin

He's earned his stay.

One of my cardinal rules as a wannabe GM fan is: NEVER get rid of talent at CB if you can help it.

It's too valuable a position, more and more every year.

~Bang

Agreed.  It has to be a deal that's fair for both sides, though.

DeAngelo Hall has been fantastic this year and late last year (as others have said).

I actually believe, right now, that he'd take less money to get more talent in here.  Not substantially less, but less.  I have nothing to base this on, but I just have a hunch.  He's grown as a player, team mate, and a person since being here.

And as you said, you can never have too many of these types of players in your secondary :)

I'd give him a big contract before I'd give Nosackpo a big contract. We have over 20 pending FA's. We have to be smart about who we re-sign. If we let Hall go it's yet another hole to fill. We let Nosackpo go and we give Jackson a cap friendly deal and we can fill other needs. Hall is literally playing at an All-pro level this year.

8 mil a year man?  I sure as heck hope not.  DHall should be in in the neighborhood of 4-5 annually with a nice set of incentives.  He was already paid boat loads of $ by us and Oakland, it's time for him to retire a Redskin with a nice hometown discount for us.  This is all barring his 2nd half season play as well.

Why on earth should he give us an hometown discount?  This is how he makes money and he'd be silly to take less than what he can get on the open market.  He's been an complete stud this season and we would be foolish to let him walk. 

You have to keep DHall after the way he's played dating back to last half of last season till now.  And who knows, if he can keep up this level of play for another 3-4 years, he could STATISTICALLY be a borderline HOFer i.e. some where in the Ronde Barber realm.  Heck hes only 5 INTs short of Barber right now and he's 29.  Barber was 38.

8 amazing games from Deangelo Hall and some of you are ready to give the guy a "Big Contract" ? Some of you are the most fickle fans I have ever seen. 

He's still Deangelo Hall , lets not let the string of great games cloud our judgement. I'm not giving DHall more than $2 - $4 mil a year for his services. 

I'd give him a big contract before I'd give Nosackpo a big contract. We have over 20 pending FA's. We have to be smart about who we re-sign. If we let Hall go it's yet another hole to fill. We let Nosackpo go and we give Jackson a cap friendly deal and we can fill other needs. Hall is literally playing at an All-pro level this year.

Boy you flip-flop like a mofo.

8 amazing games from Deangelo Hall and some of you are ready to give the guy a "Big Contract" ? Some of you are the most fickle fans I have ever seen. 

He's still Deangelo Hall , lets not let the string of great games cloud our judgement. I'm not giving DHall more than $2 - $4 mil a year for his services. 

I'm a Hokie fan.  I've always been a big fan of DHall so I wouldn't really say I'm fickle in that regard.

Why on earth should he give us an hometown discount?  This is how he makes money and he'd be silly to take less than what he can get on the open market.  He's been an complete stud this season and we would be foolish to let him walk. 

Depends on how far we get this year... if we somehow advance to another Division Title and do well in the playoffs, then Hall would be reluctant of sticking up the FO.  If not, then all bets are off.

Question. Who has been our best corner since Hall has been here? who covers the opposing teams number one receiver every week and does it as good as anybody in the NFL right now? Who has more then one pick six this year?

I've always had Hall's back. Always will. Don't understand how some people can defend Nosackpo when he disappears more often then not anymore and meanwhile Hall is always making plays in a much tougher position and treated like a red-headed stepchild..

Question. Who has been our best corner since Hall has been here? who covers the opposing teams number one receiver every week and does it as good as anybody in the NFL right now? Who has more then one pick six this year?

I've always had Hall's back. Always will. Don't understand how some people can defend Nosackpo when he disappears more often then not anymore and meanwhile Hall is always making plays in a much tougher position and treated like a red-headed stepchild..

WOW a player having a huge year in a contract year, where have we seen this movie played before in this league?!

Hall deserves $2-$4 million a year and that is it nothing more and nothing less, the years he has been here he has been average so he deserves average pay.

We made this mistake before with the contract extension we gave Kory Lichtensteiger and Adam Carriker for the big years they had in "Contract Years" and the results have been poor. If hall doesn't resign with us who cares? there will be other CB available through the draft or free agency i.e Talib. 

WOW a player having a huge year in a contract year, where have we seen this movie played before in this league?!

Hall deserves $2-$4 million a year and that is it nothing more and nothing less, the years he has been here he has been average so he deserves average pay.

We made this mistake before with the contract extension we gave Kory Lichtensteiger and Adam Carriker for the big years they had in "Contract Years" and the results have been poor. If hall doesn't resign with us who cares? there will be other CB available through the draft or free agency i.e Talib. 

You're comparing Hall to Lichensteiger and Carriker? That's funny.

You're acting as if Hall hasn't done anything prior to this year.

Here's another question for you. You let Hall walk. who do you replace him with that's going to play at the same level? You better have a good backup plan because I've got news for you good corners come at a premium.

You're comparing Hall to Lichensteiger and Carriker? That's funny.

You're acting as if Hall hasn't done anything prior to this year.

Here's another question for you. You let Hall walk. who do you replace him with that's going to play at the same level? You better have a good backup plan because I've got news for you good corners come at a premium.

Easy, Talib wants to be here or we could get another CB in the draft like we got Amerson.

Let me ask you a question, if we sign Hall to a big deal and he goes back to being a bum then what? Signing Hall to a big deal because he had 8 good games is foolish, the guy was released and not picked up by ANYBODY yet you want to sign him to a huge deal? HAHAHAHA  :lol:

This guy deserves a huge deal ? WOW vinny ceratto is that you?

Easy, Talib wants to be here or we could get another CB in the draft like we got Amerson.

Let me ask you a question, if we sign Hall to a big deal and he goes back to being a bum then what? Signing Hall to a big deal because he had 8 good games is foolish, the guy was released and not picked up by ANYBODY yet you want to sign him to a huge deal? HAHAHAHA  :lol:

So, you can guarantee that Talib wants to sign here, huh?

Another question. How good of a year is Talib having?

BTW. I've never stated break the bank for Hall.

Hall came here with an attitude which many DCs didn't want to deal with.

He's matured to see how his antics have cost the team games in the past, and has become probably the most dependable player on defense.

Yes, he's gonna take chances, thats part of the position he plays; if he just covers people, they will call him another Wilson [ for which I can't see how some berate the guy ], and there will be times where he will be beaten; thats why they call it no-mans-land.

But he certainly deserves a contract/extension; his experience will groom others like Amerson hopefully into good/great players, similar to what Green did for Bailey.

So, you can guarantee that Talib wants to sign here, huh?

Another question. How good of a year is Talib having?

BTW. I've never stated break the bank for Hall.

He's wanted to be a redskin the past two years he was linked to us but we just didn't have the cap for him. Raheem Morris and him are very close. Talib has had a poor year but that wasn't my point, my point was we aren't handcuffed to D.Hall, there are other options.

$2-4 million a year is fair for D.Hall anything more than that is EXTREMELY foolish.  

He's wanted to be a redskin the past two years he was linked to us but we just didn't have the cap for him. Raheem Morris and him a very very very close. Talib has had a poor year but that wasn't my point, my point was we aren't handcuffed to D.Hall, there are other options.

$2-4 million a year is fair for D.Hall anything more than that is EXTREMELY foolish.  

I would say $4 million is a fair deal. Anything less is low balling him IMO.

This guy deserves a huge deal ? WOW vinny ceratto is that you?

You can't single that one moment out from the Steelers game especially when that moment had a lot of stuff going on in it that he we aren't aware of. Hall has been a great teammate and player in his time here especially the last 2 seasons and has gotten better and more mature each year.

I am all for keeping him though, I agree, I wouldn't break the bank for him. I'd find something that's fair, but hes playing like a true #1 CB right now which is what we need. I wouldn't go over the market value for him but the point is we are going to have to pay some money either to keep him or replace him. 

Talib is not a guarantee either.

I would say $4 million is a fair deal. Anything less is low balling him IMO.

I'd agree with this. I think we would be very happy if we got him for $4mil a season for the next 2-3 years. 

When Deangelo Hall came here, he was one of the worst tackling CBs in the game. Now I think he is one of the best tackling CBs in the game. I think that alone shows that he cares.

His attitude, I like it. Show me a great CB that didn't have a little attitude, or a little "swag" when the played. I've come to learn that even Darrell Green had a little pep in his game. 

I think it's pretty much a lock that he will be back. Nobody wanted him when he was a FA, this is his hometown, and he seems to genuinely care about this team and the fans. If you told me that Hall would become the type of player that I would want on this team in 2014, I would have laughed. But as of right now, that is the case. 

Hall has 42 career interceptions, 9 Defensive TD's. He is 11 picks away from tying Deion Sanders, and 12 from tying Darrell Green for all-time INTs, not to mention he is 4 defensive TD's away from tying the MOST ALL TIME.

Another solid 3-4 years, a pro-bowl birth (or All-Pro?) this year, and we're talking Hall of Fame numbers for his career.

We can't let him walk without coming to some sort of reasonable deal, 4.5 million a year sounds fair.

Hall has had an incredible year. I think we have to pay him. Corner is one of the positions in the NFL where players tend to play into their later years and maintain a high-level of play. Would love to have him retire here. 

We need to get the safety position cleaned up in the offseason and unfortunately find a new MLB to take the place of Fletcher. I don't want to have to find a replacement for D Hall either. 

Archived