Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl.com: Jacksonville Jaguars' Justin Blackmon Suspended Indefinitely

GhostofSparta

Just saw it on NFL Live, and it's a headline on NFL.com. I'll post a link as soon as I see one that works, but it's being reported he's suspended indefinitely for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Edit: full story with NFL.com link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000274690/article/jacksonville-jaguars-justin-blackmon-suspended-indefinitely

Jacksonville Jaguars' Justin Blackmon suspended indefinitely

Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon was suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the team announced Friday.

The ban starts immediately and Blackmon will miss the rest of the 2013 season. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement prior to the beginning of the 2014 season.

Jaguars general manager David Caldwell released a statement on the matter:

More at the link.

The "Jaguras" are getting serious about this tanking thing. I guess they realized that Schiano is willing to cut anybody who might drop the Bucs out of the #1 pick, so they need to find ways to sabotage their own season as well to keep pace.

Schiano isnt even going to be with Tampa next year.

I remember listening to Dari and Mel one morning as I was out making a delivery. They were doing a poll on who the Redskins should draft. I was amazed at the amount of people that were calling in and saying that drafting RGIII was a stupid idea, giving up way to much for him, Almost all of these people wanted Blackmon. Thank God they didnt run our draft that year.

I feel for him. As someone who has battled addiction I can only hope he gets the help he needs.

Last time he got caught he said he did not have a problem

Just shows you how powerful addiction is, he is literally giving up millions. If he does not go to treatment and a 12 step program I don't give him chance. Some of us have to lose everything before we realize we cant drink or drug

I wish him well

if he gets released, Id make a move for him. He is very talented.

Gotta treat him with kid gloves and get his mind right, first though.

He could be the next Cris Carter.

Not to make light, but I remember people saying he was Dez Bryant minus the headaches when Blackmon was coming out of college. Yeah, about that...

All the tools to be a top 10 WR in the league and he keeps doing this.

It's funny I remember ESPN doing segments about him being such a great kid and spending all his time with some little kid who was dying from cancer while he was at okst

He is a good kid from what I have heard but the dude has problems with alcohol....

Two different issues...

All the tools to be a top 10 WR in the league and he keeps doing this.

It's funny I remember ESPN doing segments about him being such a great kid and spending all his time with some little kid who was dying from cancer while he was at okst

Unfortunately, in today's world of image consciousness, going to spend time with a kid stricken with cancer (or any type of charity situation for that matter) says little about how good or bad you are, especially with cameras doing a story on you. Hopefully he gets the help, so that it doesn't lead to long term issues that affect him (and people close to him) for the rest of his life.

I don't think he's a bad guy.  He's an alcoholic.  He has a serious problem.  I have an uncle who struggles with it.  He's been sober for ten years but it's something he's going to struggle with for the rest of his life.  Blackmon isn't going to get better until he admits he has a problem.  I hope he does before he harms himself or others.

I feel for this kid.  After seeing my aunt rott away from alcohol addiction it truly is amazing the power the stuff can have over people.  At this point I don't care whether he plays another down in the NFL, I just want to see him get the help he needs.

Archived