Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

For those who have been playing The Evil Within what are your thoughts. I love how it is actually hard and you can't just blow through it. I also enjoy the creepiness of it, this is true survival horror, not a lame we are just going to have a guy pop-out at you.

For those who have been playing The Evil Within what are your thoughts. I love how it is actually hard and you can't just blow through it. I also enjoy the creepiness of it, this is true survival horror, not a lame we are just going to have a guy pop-out at you.

Love it!

Some parts are pretty damn difficult. I feel like I've been playing forever and I only just finished chapter 9 (of 15) last night. Definitely worth the 60 bucks in my opinion.

Love it!

Some parts are pretty damn difficult. I feel like I've been playing forever and I only just finished chapter 9 (of 15) last night. Definitely worth the 60 bucks in my opinion.

Yes, I haven't had much time to play, stuck on Chapter 5 or 6. The boiler type room with the three spider women things. I need to just run, but my biggest problem is wanting to clear every room of loot, which means I have to kill everything to explore.

Yeah I'm loving it. I find myself holding my breath for long periods as I walk around in horrifyingly creepy environments with one or two bulletd and no health.

They did an outstanding job with this one. The close camera adds to the suspense I think because you don't necessarily get the full view of your surroundings.

It really feels like a fight to survive and doesn't rely on silly jump scares. It's just a haunting game and makes you feel uneasy the whole time.

I think it's the perfect evolution of a RE 4 sequel that focuses back on the horror and less on the campy action.

I hope it continues as a franchise.

Side note: I'm in chapter 5 and have no idea what the hell is going on story wise...I think I'm starting to put together what's going down but I'm not ready to put it out there yet.

Yes, I haven't had much time to play, stuck on Chapter 5 or 6. The boiler type room with the three spider women things. I need to just run, but my biggest problem is wanting to clear every room of loot, which means I have to kill everything to explore.

Yeah. That spider woman thing was a **** haha. I think you have to use some but not a whole lot of your ammo on her.

Yeah. That spider woman thing was a **** haha. I think you have to use some but not a whole lot of your ammo on her.

I only used two pistol bullets to shoot the oil drums then I got her into the two cage furnace areas, hit the switch and burned her to a crisp. I stumbled into that though mostly just running away and found those rooms. 

That is one things I enjoyed the most about RE4 was the awesome 'boss' battles and how many of them could be killed with bullets or by using the environment so I have been keeping an eye out for similar instances in TEW. 

It starts out a little slow, but really picks up at Chapter 3. The creepiness is full on from the start however.

My piece of advice is check everything for loot and break all crates. Also, if you are go to upgrade, I would start with abilities over weapons.

My piece of advance is check everything for loot and break all crates. Also, if you are go to upgrade, I would start with abilities over weapons.

Yep. The first thing that I did was increased my health meter. It depleted way too quickly for me in the beginning. Hell, I still have problems staying alive haha.

Yeah it's hard. Definitely go for health and sprint upgrades early.

I agree the game started out a little slow once you get past the awesome intro, but it picks up after chapter 2.

It's fantastic

Wait til you get to Chapter 10.

I spent 2 hours on it last night and still haven't beaten it. I was pretty tired though so maybe that added to the difficulty but damn... It's tough.

Wait til you get to Chapter 10.

I spent 2 hours on it last night and still haven't beaten it. I was pretty tired though so maybe that added to the difficulty but damn... It's tough.

Can't wait, I'm on 7 now. It's gotten a little more action packed and RE4-ish in that regard lately (like the twins in the cemetery) though it does do a good job of mixing those moments up with slower creepier moments too. 

PC game, but anyone into Civilization and planning on picking up Beyond Earth? 

Got it and played it for a bit. I am sooo lost with the tech trees and how to advance. In Civ V I always knew the best way to go for how I wanted to win, but all these new techs are so overwhelming. It's great though.

Archived