Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Bears Prediction Thread; A Win Is Needed Badly

skins island connection

This game is determined solely by the play of one player, he is a QB, you all know him, he has been questioned for some comments in the past, and that man is JAY CUTLER!

Sometimes he has the brilliance of Peyton Manning, others you wonder if the Bears ever did get rid of Rex Grossman

That is the big question is how is he going to play....

Based on defense being what it is, our offense being what it has become I think Cutler throws a pick maybe even a pick 6 but he will also throw for over 300 and 2 TD's...Our offense continues to struggle and while Robert doesn't play bad he will struggle late when it matters and we lose

Bears 24

Redskins 13

We then also lose every game after until we get to the Vikings which with the exception of Adrian Peterson may be just as bad as we are overall. At this point though it is hard based on the evidence to think of a team (other than the Raiders) that we can beat, and to be honest not 100% convinced we could beat the Raiders again with Pryor taking snaps.

Cutler is a streaky QB, he can look elite at times but it seems like he is a "one mistake and it's over" kind of QB.  The last time we played, once he threw that first pick to Hall it seemed like he had mentally checked out as he often does, and was just throwing the ball around hoping for the best.

Really I am more looking to see if the offense continues to get better, because last week in Dallas when the offense was actually putting drives together, suddenly the defense performed better as well.  The 'Skins put up over 400 yards of offense.

I'll say 

Skins 28

Bears 27

Just because I want it to be true?

Prediction...

We finally get off to a fast start in this game.  At the half the skins will go into the locker room with a 20- 10 lead.  With 2 min left in the 4th, the skins will be leading 30-23. Cutler will put together a good 2 min drill and tie the game up with just a few seconds left. In overtime, RGIII will lead us on an 80 yard drive for a TD on the first drive of overtime and the skins get the OT win 37-30!!!!

HTTR

Prediction...

We finally get off to a fast start in this game. At the half the skins will go into the locker room with a 20- 10 lead. With 2 min left in the 4th, the skins will be leading 30-23. Cutler will put together a good 2 min drill and tie the game up with just a few seconds left. In overtime, RGIII will lead us on an 80 yard drive for a TD on the first drive of overtime and the skins get the OT win 37-30!!!!

HTTR

Not to nit pick, but it would actually be 36-30 in that case :)

Now that I think about it, when have we last lost to Chicago? Let's see........we beat them in 2010, 2007, 2005, 2004 (I think?)......did we play them in 2003? Was that the game we lost on a last second FG?

When had we lost to Detroit at home ..... ?

Hard to take solace from anything at the present time with this team. 

Hail. 

The defense has played better every week, the offense was moving the ball quite well against Dallas, with that said none of that will do us any good if special teams continues to struggle and that's putting it mildly.  What I believe will happen is Griffin will continue to improve, Reed will become much more involved and Garcon will make some plays.  Morris will move the ball against the Bears because he does so against everyone but the OL will continue to play poorly.  With all that said, I firmly believe this will be the week we see last years Redskins show up to play.  No field goals this week as Griffin leads TD drives every time we enter the Red zone and hits one deep ball TD pass.

Redskins 28

Bears 17

When had we lost to Detroit at home ..... ?

Hard to take solace from anything at the present time with this team. 

Hail. 

So you don't know the answer to my question, and are instead going to respond by making baseless assumptions about my meaning (it was just a little factoid, nothing more). Thanks for the reply, I guess........

So you don't know the answer to my question, and are instead going to respond by making baseless assumptions about my meaning (it was just a little factoid, nothing more). Thanks for the reply, I guess........

Now who's making assumptions ..... ?

You wanted an answer? It read like you were just making a point. Apologies. Though with the smart ass response I'm not sure you deserve them. Regardless  .....

Yes, we lost to a last play of the game 45 yarder from Edinger 27-24, after he'd missed a 33 yard chip shot the previous possession after we'd tied it up in the 4th at 24. 

Hail. 

So you don't know the answer to my question, and are instead going to respond by making baseless assumptions about my meaning (it was just a little factoid, nothing more). Thanks for the reply, I guess........

GHH is right though kinda. In the week leading up to the game against the lions, people were saying "they've never won in our stadium, we will win this". We lost. I'm hoping we win tomorrow though. And I have a feeling we will. HTTR :)

When; Sunday 1:00 P.M. EST  12 CST

Gee, where should I begin?

Dave Edmunds 'Slippin' Away' song comes to mind, as the Redskins lick their wounds from a hard fought game against Dallas. Once again, the offense couldn't get it together in the 1st half, settling for Fgs instead of TDs. If things don't change, and soon, finger-pointing will creep into the locker room, creating animosity among players and coaches. RGIII is getting more comfortable, but still has a way to go, receivers seemingly get lost in coverage, special teams were a complete disaster, but the defense did do a decent job, but it takes all 3 aspects of a team to win.

The Bears are a strange team to figure out. One week they look like world beaters, the next they look inept. Cutler is either great or stinks it up, but their defense is still aggressive and their ST players know what hustle means. Marshall and Jeffrey are the 2 threats, and it will be a challenge to keep the ball out of their hands.

Deangelo Hall has fond memories of Chicago, as he picked off Cutler 4 times in the last meeting, but I doubt that would happen again. This will be the most physical game of the season thus far, and I expect to see a fired up Bears team, so the best way to counter that is to score TDs, not FGs, and play sound football.

Is it possible? Sure, anything in life is possible, if it is desired badly enough, and the Redskins desperately need a win if there is any hope of challenging for the NFCE crown, which is still attainable, but players will have to look themselves in the mirror and ask 'am I giving my best effort' on the field?

After a hard fought game, the Redskins show they are not ready to give up.

In the end,

Redskins 26

Bears       20

RIP Rocky, this one's for you bud...

I believe this is the first game where the Skins will look like they should on offense. The OC & HC finally let Robert be Robert & hefinally loosens up, throwing passes accurately, running the ball & making the Bears look silly on Defense.

Defense continues their trends from last week & continue to shut down the Bears' offense.

Special Teams steps up & makes big plays.

Bears - 17

Redskins - 38

On a personal side note, I'm sorry about your dog, Rocky. I also have a dog named Rocky (Sgt. Rocky to be exact). He's a Minpin & he's my little buddy. It sucks to lose a pet as they are very much family members. My condolences.

I hate to say this but this team is done. I told y'all last week if we lose to Dallas the season was over......Well the season is over.

Chi 38 Skins 12 Footnote: Rg3 is benched for Captain Kurt but he sucks too.

Guys I have lost all hope in this organization. mike Shanny had a Bugatti(RG3) and wrecked it.

I hate to say this but this team is done. I told y'all last week if we lose to Dallas the season was over......Well the season is over.

Chi 38 Skins 12 Footnote: Rg3 is benched for Captain Kurt but he sucks too.

Guys I have lost all hope in this organization. mike Shanny had a Bugatti(RG3) and wrecked it.

Who is Captain Kurt?

The Bears are known for getting cheap TDs via their defense and special teams.  They feast on undisciplined mistake-prone teams.  This year's Redskins team is made to order for the Bears.  I think this could be a replay of the Cowboys game. 

My head says the Bears win a close ugly game, and unfortunately my heart agrees.

Bears 27

Redskins 23

I really hope I'm wrong!!!

The Bears defense is decent but not great, and Tillman didn't play. Normally, I'd anticipate a good day for the Skins offense, but I'm still not confident Griffin's passing has returned to the level that opponents stop stacking the box to stop Morris or swarm the pocket. The Skins WRs and TEs have got enough talent to create opportunities against Bear defenders, but does the ball get delivered to them reliably? Big question mark here. Even

Cutler, Forte, and the Bennett's can fuel the short/medium passing elements that sustain long Bears' drives because the DBS have to respect the medium-to- deep threat that Marshall and Jeffery bring. Unless the front seven can effectively rattle Cutler, it's going to be a long day on defense. Edge: Bears

Special Teams: the Bear's lost their great STs coach (Dave Toub) to the Chiefs, but the folks he developed are still playing for Chicago. Hester could feast on the Skins special teamer's lapses, unless Burns was able to get through to his group. Edge: Bears

Sadly, I predict Bears 27, Skins 16

I never pick against the Redskins but I have lost all confidence in this coaching staff to motivate this team or make in- game adjustments.  I think that the Redskins will fall behind early like they have in all of the other games this year and have to try and play catch up for three quarters which means they will have to abandon the running game. I think Marshall and Jeffery will both have over 100 yards receiving. Chicago 32 Washington 20 

(I hope that I am wrong about everything!)

Archived