Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Goal: 2-2 Over The Next Four

kleese

I'm glad you don't have a built in automatic warning shock every time you fail to apply common sense, and question other peoples motives/priorities... Otherwise you'd be dead

Good one. Its one thing to say we need to win at least 2 of the next 4 games to be in the hunt, and its another thing to say our goal is to win only 2.

But to each his own. if you wanna be happy about being 3-5, rather than 4-4, or even 5-3, so be it.

I find it very interesting to see a few people saying we have a chance against the Broncos.  Now, I will absolutely go crazy if we some how pull an upset against them. And I'll be the first person in line saying I was wrong.  But are you all really serious?????? If Pryor plays yesterday I think we lose that game.  This Broncos team is arguably better than the 2007 Patriots at this point in the season, and I think statistically they are better.  Peyton Manning could torch our defense in his stage 4 Non-REM sleep.  Yes we won yesterday, but it wasn't pretty.  I have seen zero out of the Redskins this year that suggests we are capable of beating a team like the Broncos.  It would literally take a 2 or 3 turnover effort from the Broncos that all turn into thouchdowns for us to be in the game in the 4th quarter.  That being said, let's beat them Cowboys!!!  HTTR

Good one.

Thanks  :)

Its one thing to say we need to win at least 2 of the next 4 games to be in the hunt, and its another thing to say our goal is to win only 2. 

But to each his own. if you wanna be happy about being 3-5, rather than 4-4, or even 5-3, so be it.

You would probably have to find where I actually said that. In fact, you would have to find where the OP and others have said anything that you claim they did. Unless you are new to the concept of life, being happy isn't the same as being realistic. It means that you expect things to go a certain way (and you have a plan/outlook in place to deal with it), but that you'll thank your lucky stars if you get an unexpected bright ray of sunshine out of it.

3-1 is totally doable.

I naturally want to agree and believe it to be so. BUT.

I may be in the minority, but I believe we played our worst game yesterday. The Raiders suck, and to make that reality even worse- it was their backups we were struggling against and it's done nothing for my confidence in our team.

Why we cannot press opposing wideouts is beyond me, it literally blows my mind but until we do- we will struggle. I am scared to imagine what Manning will do against us with our defensive scheme,

RGIII, I can't even respectfully describe how disgusted I have gotten with him. He's really begun to show his ass and frankly- I've gotten tired of it. His little antics after that bonehead play that ruined a good drive (intentional grounding) throwing his hands down towards the ref like it was a bad call, was embarrassing. Then, his dramatics about SUPPOSEDLY having headset trouble following the penalty that forced us to use a timeout. Seriously, why is he the only QB in the league having headset issues CONSTANTLY.

This team, looks like they are unprepared and definitely unmotivated at times- almost like they're distracted.... 

Thanks  :)

You would probably have to find where I actually said that. In fact, you would have to find where the OP and others have said anything that you claim they did. Unless you are new to the concept of life, being happy isn't the same as being realistic. It means that you expect things to go a certain way (and you have a plan/outlook in place to deal with it), but that you'll thank your lucky stars if you get an unexpected bright ray of sunshine out of it.

Well considering your goal to be 2-2 would put us at 3-5, i dont see how what i said is putting words in your mouth? My bad, i thought when you achieve a "goal" you set for your self, you are satisfied with the outcome but I guess I am new to the concept of life as you put it, please enlighten me.

Well considering your goal to be 2-2 would put us at 3-5, i dont see how what i said is putting words in your mouth? My bad, i thought when you achieve a "goal" you set for your self, you are satisfied with the outcome but I guess I am new to the concept of life as you put it, please enlighten me.

But here's the deal man, I didn't set a goal for myself. I set a goal for where I want the Redskins to be at the midway point to satisfy me as a fan.

My goal is to hide the OP's tckts for the Red River Rivalry game.

No way should one man have SO much fun over a weekend with his pants on.

HUMPH!

Hail.

Who said anything about wearing pants?

I highly doubt we beat Denver, but "any given sunday" and all that. There's also the fact that Shanny will be playing against his former team for the first time, so maybe there'll be an extra spark. Also we've beaten the eventual SB champ in 3 consecutive seasons, so maybe that'll be our 4th.

After all, we're fans who are free to speculate, right?

I highly doubt we beat Denver, but "any given sunday" and all that. There's also the fact that Shanny will be playing against his former team for the first time, so maybe there'll be an extra spark. Also we've beaten the eventual SB champ in 3 consecutive seasons, so maybe that'll be our 4th.

After all, we're fans who are free to speculate, right?

Yes, at least until we see a check in the mail that suggests otherwise...

Dallas just started 2-2, they haven't started better than that through 4 games since 2008.  Call me crazy, but Dallas is THAT team that somehow finds a way to beat the unbeatable team when they're down on their luck to prove their not mediocre....before they hit december and jan and once again prove that they are mediocre. 

So I actually think Dallas could upset Denver and come into the Redskins game flying high.  Which may be more acceptable to the Redskins than if Dallas was coming off of a 2 game losing streak. 

That being said, if Dallas loses at Denver, and thats the most likely scenario, we have a chance to bury them in a hole early in the season that will be hard to work themselves out of.  We need to do that, and the next 3 games will look much better for us cause we will have created some wiggle room by putting Dallas at 2-4.

Just take it one game at a time. When you're a 1-3 team scoping out the long term schedule should not be on the priority board at all. Just concentrate on the tasks at hand. They shouldn't even bother showing up to the Denver game though. That is going to be uglier then Dick Cheney. 

I will also be at the Dallas game, so hopefully I can bring some good mojo. 

... Three of the next four QBs we play have a propensity to turn the ball over (Romo sits to pee, Cutler, Rivers) ...

Rivers has 11TDs and 2INTs this year.  He will be dangerous.  However, he is a pocket passer and that seems to fit our D at this point.

...... Also we've beaten the eventual SB champ in 3 consecutive seasons.....

We beat ourselves in week 1, so let's get on a roll and win the SB

The 2nd half of the schedule isn't impossible anymore.  The giants are looking worse each week and that SNF game doesn't look too bad.  the 49ers don't look that great anymore.  Besides the broncos game, there isn't a game where you can say that the redskins will lose.  I have a sneaky feeling that MS and RG3 will love to give the broncos their first loss.  You know MS will work his butt off to get that W

My dreams of 11-5 and a top 2 seed are long gone. That's over. I've shifted my focus to just wanting this to be a positive season. A season where at the end, we can say "Well ok, all things considered, that was pretty good."

Ed, so if 3-5 at the midway point is your short-term goal, what final record would satisfy your "positive season" goal?

Just take it one game at a time. When you're a 1-3 team scoping out the long term schedule should not be on the priority board at all. Just concentrate on the tasks at hand. They shouldn't even bother showing up to the Denver game though. That is going to be uglier then Dick Cheney.

Again, there is no "task at hand" for me--chances of me getting a call up from the Skins in the next two weeks are slim

Ed, so if 3-5 at the midway point is your short-term goal, what final record would satisfy your "positive season" goal?

Depends...I'd say 8-8 minimum, 9-7 more likely. Depends on what the rest of east does. I want the last quarter of our games to matter.

Given how bad the NFC EAST is; the Skins will be in the playoff hunt all year.  Hell, even the 0-4 Giants are only 2 games back.  Could a 6-10 record win the NFC EAST?  

I view the rest of the year on how this leads us to being a consistant contender starting in 2014. The NFC EAST winner will be one and done beaten by a better 2nd place team from the NFC West or North.  So if we somehow make the playoffs, it will be a quick exit.

I just want a better team by the end of season to give me hope for 2014.   Shanny's future rides on how we perform the rest of way. If my revised prediction of 5-11 comes true, Shanny is done.   Going 1-3 the next quarter isn't good.

The only I know the NFL is having it's usual turnover of teams being good one year and bad the next.  All, I want is for use to be good for a few years and have that window to win it all.

The NFC EAST winner will be one and done beaten by a better 2nd place team from the NFC West or North.  So if we somehow make the playoffs, it will be a quick exit.

Not so fast. Three times since 2008 a .500 or below divisional winner has played a team that finished four games better than them in the regular season......and won at home each time.

That's what really sucks about this year. I'd love to see the Skins go on a run and finish with a winning record this season; otherwise, there's a good chance we're going to be "that team" who gets an undeserved home game just by virtue of playing in a lousy division.

2-2 gets the team to 3-5.

The next 4 games after needs to be 3-1, which gets the team to 6-6 with 2 of those games being division games

Yeah. Not sure what the OP is thinking, but then again, I've been reading his and GHH's pessimism for weeks. As always, I choose to be optimistic. I'm not saying we'll go 4-0, but I think we can do better than 2-2. 2-2, especially with the division games coming up, is unacceptable.

People totally over-think this "catching the team at the worst time" stuff. Detroit "caught us at the worst time" without its starting RB a week ago. Means nothing. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that teams on a winning streak are, statistically, more difficult to face than teams on a losing streak. Does anyone have anything to back up this notion that a team coming off a loss is harder to face than a team coming off a win...other than superstitious stuff?

Um, I dunno klese,

I'm not so sure we can chalk up an 'L' in Denver. This is one of those 'writing on the wall' games IMO which over-confidence can creep into the Denver players.

I know Manning will be playing good/great/spectacular, excellent [ I could go on ] but it IS a team game. If poor tackling issues can be cleaned up a bit, and if Haslett can go to more of a mixture of coverages, especially alot of man-to-man with floating help, the Broncos are more than beatable.

Denver is the best looking team since 2007 New England. I'm sorry, but unless Manning turns the ball over a ton (or their WRs drop 20 passes) we aren't winning the game. I don't even want to think about what Wes Welker will do to our secondary, but if you have him in fantasy, make sure you start him vs. the Redskins.  I can see it now: Haslett will have Perry Riley covering Welker in the slot, or maybe even Orakpo. 

Even in a purely realistic, objective scenario, beating the Cowboys should always be our goal. I refuse to give up hope on that one until the game is over.

Bears are beatable, Chargers are hot and cold. All depends on the Rivers we get that day.

I see three games we CAN win and I might as well hope we do. If I spend the next two weeks of no football Eeyoring it up, I'll be miserable.

Archived