Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Goal: 2-2 Over The Next Four

kleese

If RG3 and the offense gets on a roll, I could se us beating Dallas, Chicago and San Diego. Don't forget we get the bears at fedex field, and the chargers too, and that's a 1 pm game, which is 10 AM to them. Im optimistic so I'm hoping for 4-4 heading into Minnesota :)

If we get to 4-4, I think we win the division. In predict we will be 3-5 and it will likely come down to the wire. 2-6 or worse and it's over.

Our GOAL is 2-2? why wouldnt our goal be 4-0? who aims to lose games?

Certainly not the fans, who don't play. Seriously, does anyone here really think that we all want to see the Skins lose games? This is about looking at things realistically from a fan perspective. It shouldn't be very diffiicult to understand.

Denver looks really tough right now.  Peyton is dialed in.  He looks as good as he ever has.  But, I give us a puncher's chance in that game.  I think the bye week will help us more than most do, and Griff will continue to get up to speed.

For me, the Dallas game is a must win if we wanna make any noise this year.  A win there, a couple of guys coming back on D, bye week healthy, two wins in a row, etc., I think could give us some much needed confidence.

But, I really think this all boils down to 10.  Let's hope he has some magic up his sleeve.

A puncher's chance? LMAO! You'll be down 21-0 halfway through the 1st qtr. Here's how they'll get to 21-0 vs you:

They'll take the ball first, drive and score a TD in 6-8 plays.

You'll receive the kickoff and will turn it over and they'll score on a defensive play.

You'll receive again, but this time you'll luckily make it to a 3 and out and will punt. 

They'll take that punt and drive 60 yards and score a TD again. Viola`! 21-0 Denver. Any questions?

Oh, don't worry. We'll suffer a similar defeat, only we'll go down 17-0 in the blink of an eye, to go on to lose 45-17.

You'll lose 41-14, fwiw.

Beating the Cowboys is so easy it's not even funny. As long as you don't give them any freebie points, they'll find a way to trip over their own feet and make fools of themselves. They under-coached, don't play smart, don't play above themselves, and they aren't tough. They've become slightly more opportunistic, but it's becoming a crutch for them because they're expecting it to some extent, and still don't truly capitalize on every opportunity. They don't exploit favorable match ups. Don't believe me? Put your WORST DB on Dez and watch the Cowboys try to meet a run quota, because they're brainwashed by morons who think stats by themselves win games. You could probably get away with playing 9 men on defense. Dallas wouldn't notice, because they don't have a clue.

Put your worst OL against Ware and he'll be a stone wall. Ware may get a token sack, but it won't cost you the game. Odds are you'll pick up the lost yardage on the very next pass play, because the secondary will play a mile off the WR, giving him a free release to run into a zone with more gaps than Swiss cheese.

I watch this team every week. They are very easy to beat. 

Odds are you (or Philly) will be leading the division by midseason.

I guess every fan base hates its OLBs lol

I thought we'd handle the Cowboys based on a year ago.. but, man, have we regressed!!!

Oddly enough, for some reason, we have played them fairly close the  last 4-5 years, whether we were good/sucked ass, and vice versa. Even when we were the worse I'd ever seen us ('09) we played a fair amount of good teams tough, and managed to be in position to win a few. You just never know.  :)

I keep seeing ppl pulling "we'll win because we're at home card"

Even if home field advantage is a real thing (I don't think it is), the Redskins clearly don't have it

dammit

POINT STILL STANDS!

Home field advantage IS real and decades full of sports data proves it. Teams win more at home than on the road, period. Exceptions? Of course. But home field very much matters.

What I think is overrated is the FAN impact on home field advantage. I think travel, familiarity, routine, and comfort are much more important than crowd noise, etc..

Glad you all have some confidence, because I'll probably go into just about every game thinking we'll lose.  I'm wired that way from years of abuse. I thought after last year, the abuse had ended and I could have confidence that my team would be a factor in every game, like we were in the 80s and early 90s.  Next 4 weeks, I expect us to lose every game, because that's just the way my life rolls with sports.

Glad you all have some confidence, because I'll probably go into just about every game thinking we'll lose. I'm wired that way from years of abuse. I thought after last year, the abuse had ended and I could have confidence that my team would be a factor in every game, like we were in the 80s and early 90s. Next 4 weeks, I expect us to lose every game, because that's just the way my life rolls with sports.

C'mon Eeyore.... Snap out of it :)

I'm a Reds fan too... We were horrid from 2006-2009. We then finally won the division again in 2010. High hopes for 2011 and we finish below .500.... But then we've bounced back the past two years and made the playoffs each time.

Most fans are abused... Only one team wins it every year.

Home field advantage IS real and decades full of sports data proves it. Teams win more at home than on the road, period. Exceptions? Of course. But home field very much matters.

What I think is overrated is the FAN impact on home field advantage. I think travel, familiarity, routine, and comfort are much more important than crowd noise, etc..

I think homefield advantage happens due to a team being really, really good. The patriots for example, they win most of their home games, same with the falcons, and other great teams. That's because they actually give their fans something to cheer about on Sundays. If they were bad, not many fans would show up to their games and be loud. If the redskins have gone to the playoffs a lot, our fans would be yelling loudly at each home game. But the team has been horrible for 20 years, except for 3 winning seasons, so fans don't get that excited. Therefore, no real homefield advantage (why does my iPhone want to correct homefield to homegirls...?)

C'mon Eeyore.... Snap out of it :)

I'm a Reds fan too... We were horrid from 2006-2009. We then finally won the division again in 2010. High hopes for 2011 and we finish below .500.... But then we've bounced back the past two years and made the playoffs each time.

Most fans are abused... Only one team wins it every year.

Wish I could.  Since the Green Bay game, I'm just so in a not caring whether they win or lose mode.  I expect them to lose and if they win, I can't even be excited or happy because I had my doubts from the beginning.  I'm getting that way with all my other teams also.  I barely care what the Wizards are doing any more, I expect the Capitals to choke in the first round and despite the O's having a couple of decent season, I don't expect them to ever get past NYY or Boston. DC united suck this year also.  MD football is all I have going for me at this point, but I expect some kind of collapse.

Glad you all have some confidence, because I'll probably go into just about every game thinking we'll lose.  I'm wired that way from years of abuse. I thought after last year, the abuse had ended and I could have confidence that my team would be a factor in every game, like we were in the 80s and early 90s.  Next 4 weeks, I expect us to lose every game, because that's just the way my life rolls with sports.

You should find another hobby if the Skins cause you this much pain.

Wish I could. Since the Green Bay game, I'm just so in a not caring whether they win or lose mode. I expect them to lose and if they win, I can't even be excited or happy because I had my doubts from the beginning. I'm getting that way with all my other teams also. I barely care what the Wizards are doing any more, I expect the Capitals to choke in the first round and despite the O's having a couple of decent season, I don't expect them to ever get past NYY or Boston. DC united suck this year also. MD football is all I have going for me at this point, but I expect some kind of collapse.

Ok...so don't watch the games. It's that simple. It gets annoying hearing people say they don't care anymore if the skins win or lose. I don't use this phrase much, but if u don't care if the skins win or lose, how can u call urself a fan?

You should find another hobby if the Skins cause you this much pain.

I'm getting there. I'm giving myself a couple of weeks away to reassess whats important in my life.  I'm going on vacation at the end of the week, so I'm going to try and recharge my batteries.

Ok...so don't watch the games. It's that simple. It gets annoying hearing people say they don't care anymore if the skins win or lose. I don't use this phrase much, but if u don't care if the skins win or lose, how can u call urself a fan?

Because you are not the authority of who is a fan and who isn't.  I have 37 years invested in watching this team since I was 8. Sometimes sports has to take a back seat for bigger things in life.

I'm getting there. I'm giving myself a couple of weeks away to reassess whats important in my life. I'm going on vacation at the end of the week, so I'm going to try and recharge my batteries.

Because you are not the authority of who is a fan and who isn't. I have 37 years invested in watching this team since I was 8. Sometimes sports has to take a back seat for bigger things in life.

Good point.

why on earth would you aim for 2-2?  you aim for 4-0.  I do not get this thread at all.

Absolutely you just got the win, you have the bye, getting a break at the right time, getting depth back, Jenkins and R-Jax, guys getting healthy, Morris, Kai, Jenkins, Reed....this is the perfect storm, down but not out, coming back with a right hook, combo, upper cut, then knock the funk out. Met the mighty Joe Frazier  and he once told me, the only difference between a loser and a champion is a champion keeps getting back up. 

Beating the Cowboys is so easy it's not even funny. As long as you don't give them any freebie points, they'll find a way to trip over their own feet and make fools of themselves. They under-coached, don't play smart, don't play above themselves, and they aren't tough. They've become slightly more opportunistic, but it's becoming a crutch for them because they're expecting it to some extent, and still don't truly capitalize on every opportunity. They don't exploit favorable match ups. Don't believe me? Put your WORST DB on Dez and watch the Cowboys try to meet a run quota, because they're brainwashed by morons who think stats by themselves win games. You could probably get away with playing 9 men on defense. Dallas wouldn't notice, because they don't have a clue.

Put your worst OL against Ware and he'll be a stone wall. Ware may get a token sack, but it won't cost you the game. Odds are you'll pick up the lost yardage on the very next pass play, because the secondary will play a mile off the WR, giving him a free release to run into a zone with more gaps than Swiss cheese.

I watch this team every week. They are very easy to beat. 

Odds are you (or Philly) will be leading the division by midseason.

Wow this somehow sounds familiar, my nephew a Cowboys fan and actually a good football fan was saying the same. I told him before the season I actually thought D. Ware was being wasted in the 4-3 and they should trade him if they were going to do that to him. 

Archived