Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Donald Trump is still leading the Republicans for president.

Donald. Trump.

There really may be nope hope for America.

You really think leading in the polls now, is actually going to translate into votes?

First, before we even get to the point where Trump is actually on the ballot; will he even be in the race that long?  Trump is going to start getting the scrutiny that all legitimate candidates do.  I already posted that article about someone writing about Trump and his alleged dealings with the mob.   Well, he's going to be getting more and more scrutiny. Probably plenty of dirt, he doesn't want known.

If he stays in the race and is actually on the ballot; will that poll support translate into votes?  He doesn't have a traditional nationwide campaign organization set up, yet?   He maybe polling second in Iowa but honestly; who will be caucusing for him? 

New Hampshire - will he be up there in the cold, campaigning?  He needs to do that, to ensure that poll support translates into votes.

Also, he will have to answer the question: where the beef?  He will have to give specifics?

I saw him flip flop on immigration in one day. Saw him on Hannity saying all illegals most go home, but those good ones- he would expedited their return.  Then yesterday, I read that he said- he would give legal status to the good ones.

I don't see Trump being a long term candidate.  He could run third party though but that depends how pissed off he gets at the Republicans.

The most humorous part of this thread to me is the staunch conservatives repeatedly saying that the Dems need to find another candidate than Hillary.

Why is that, exactly? If she is so weak, unliked, unpopular, etc.. why don't you want her to be the D candidate?

They know that even an unliked, unpopular, weak Hillary will still beat them. 

When the first early voting starts in late Sept. 2016; the fact you can vote for the first woman as president will be huge.  That factor alone, scares them.

Hillary may not be the nominee, but it will be the because the Dems decide, they can have someone better.

Of course she had a better idea.  Gotta keep her fingers clean.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-07302015-htmlstory.html?update=84105443

Clinton distances herself from Obama on Islamic State

Hillary Rodham Clinton put some distance between herself and the Obama administration's handling of the fight against Islamic State militants, saying she had pushed, unsuccessfully, to do more early on to help Syrian moderate forces in the fight against President Bashar Assad.

"I believed that they would be more likely to work with the United States and the West if we supported them early," Clinton said in the morning email newsletter theSkimm.

"That was not the policy that was adopted at that time."

President Obama had been reluctant to arm opposition fighters early in the conflict, in part because of fear the weapons could fall into the hands of Al Qaeda-affiliated extremists also engaged in the civil war. Clinton's view would have aligned her more closely with the likes of Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who regularly pushed the administration to do more to intervene in the conflict.

After the rise of Islamic State in the summer of 2014, Obama did ultimately seek and receive congressional authority for a plan to arm rebel forces, though some critics said it was too late and that the ranks of reliable opposition fighters had already been diminished.

Who knew jumping out of planes was safer than getting out of bed? Thanks to all for your kind get-well messages.

CLLzuOlVAAA3l-n.jpg

The old man was in and out of the White House before I was old enough to vote. But while I think he won't be remembered for anything great as President.  He still handed Iraq probably as good with the hand they were dealt. 

Get well soon, Sir.

Who knew jumping out of planes was safer than getting out of bed? Thanks to all for your kind get-well messages.

He and Carter are the same age.  I don't think both men will be around to much longer, since both are 91. Especially, Bush. He's been hospitalized the previous 2 years.  I hope he lives long enough to see where the Jeb Bush candidacy goes.  If it leads to the White House; then I hope he lives long enough to see a second son inaugurated.

They know that even an unliked, unpopular, weak Hillary will still beat them. 

When the first early voting starts in late Sept. 2016; the fact you can vote for the first woman as president will be huge.  That factor alone, scares them.

Hillary may not be the nominee, but it will be the because the Dems decide, they can have someone better.

I think it would be wise for the Dems to start working on that.   Hillary and Trump have the same problem.  they have a higher percentage of support in their own parties but their unfavorable numbers are higher then their favorable numbers are, in their own parties as well.  Right now, today, Hillary has a 1% lead over Walker and is down by 1% to Bush.   Her numbers continue to slide.  Meanwhile, the GOP Candidates will likely narrow things down and the numbers for whomever comes out of that race will likely rise.   Right now, the GOP has so many Candidates that the voters are split but that will change eventually.  What should be clear is that regardless of the number of GOP Candidates, Trump has formed a base of voters that don't care.  I don't think trump can win because the number of Republicans who say they will not vote for him are way to high.   He will eventually bow out but the GOP Candidate that he supports is going to get a huge bump in support.  I don't see that happening for Hillary.  I think Hillary has what she has and those numbers probably won't change much.  They will likely only go down. 

JMO

Personally, I think the 2016 is over.  The Dems will keep the Presidency.

One the Dem side, the Sanders rise show dissatisfaction with Hillary.  He will not be the nominee but his popularity is showing there is an opening for someone to take the nomination from Hillary and given the state of the Republican race; the Dem nominee will likely be POTUS #45.  Even if Hillary is the nominee; the Dems will not be voting Republican.  Some may stay home, but I think the chance to vote a woman Preisdent; will overcome any defections Hillary will have as nominee.

One the Repub side, the Trump rise shows the GOP isn't united at all. Trump will not be the nominee but how long he is in the race; could dictate who might be the nominee.  I do think, that whoever is the nominee; that nominee will not have the full support of the entire Republican caucus.   If an establishment candidate like  Bush,Christie,etc.. is the nominee; alot of the right wing base will either stay home or skip voting for PResident.  Even Hillary Clinton on the ballot, won't be enough for them to vote for the establishment Republican nominee.  Trump is showing their anger is going beyond just voting against the Dem. They are furious at the GOP and if the GOP doesn't nominate an acceptable candidate; they will punish the GOP by either not voting at all or not voting for PResident.

If a non-establishment, more conservative candidate gets the nominee; you will either have alot of regular GOPers staying home or voting for the Dem.   Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, etc..  would turn off alot of voters.

If Trump, were to run third party; well it's definitely, the Dems victory.

That's why I think ultimately, this race is already over.  Whoever the Democratic nominee is, will be our next PResident.

Personally, I think the 2016 is over.  The Dems will keep the Presidency.

One the Dem side, the Sanders rise show dissatisfaction with Hillary.  He will not be the nominee but his popularity is showing there is an opening for someone to take the nomination from Hillary and given the state of the Republican race; the Dem nominee will likely be POTUS #45.  Even if Hillary is the nominee; the Dems will not be voting Republican.  Some may stay home, but I think the chance to vote a woman Preisdent; will overcome any defections Hillary will have as nominee.

One the Repub side, the Trump rise shows the GOP isn't united at all. Trump will not be the nominee but how long he is in the race; could dictate who might be the nominee.  I do think, that whoever is the nominee; that nominee will not have the full support of the entire Republican caucus.   If an establishment candidate like  Bush,Christie,etc.. is the nominee; alot of the right wing base will either stay home or skip voting for PResident.  Even Hillary Clinton on the ballot, won't be enough for them to vote for the establishment Republican nominee.  Trump is showing their anger is going beyond just voting against the Dem. They are furious at the GOP and if the GOP doesn't nominate an acceptable candidate; they will punish the GOP by either not voting at all or not voting for PResident.

If a non-establishment, more conservative candidate gets the nominee; you will either have alot of regular GOPers staying home or voting for the Dem.   Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, etc..  would turn off alot of voters.

If Trump, were to run third party; well it's definitely, the Dems victory.

That's why I think ultimately, this race is already over.  Whoever the Democratic nominee is, will be our next PResident.

Have you seen these numbers?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/politics/poll-2016-elections-hillary-clinton-trustworthy/

What are you basing your idea that the base will stay home instead of vote for Jeb?

Just my hunch.  They don't have to stay home, I did also say, they could just not vote for PResident.   Do, their best to vote for a more right wing congress and skip voting for President - to punish the GOP for not going with what they feel is a real conservative. 

I think the Trump supporters are so angry at the GOP, that's what they would do; if someone not acceptable to them was on the GOP ballot.  Their rage is more at the GOP.

The extreme right will do anything to keep her out.  They wont sit home or not vote if she's on the ballot.

Which is weird because you would think they would see HIllary as a better choice than someone who is admittedly very liberal (Sanders).

If what has already been mentioned is true, that Hillary is more right than any of the other Democratic challengers - shouldn't the far right GOP want her as the candidate? Unless, you know, they fear her as competition. 

Which is weird because you would think they would see HIllary as a better choice than someone who is admittedly very liberal (Sanders).

If what has already been mentioned is true, that Hillary is more right than any of the other Democratic challengers - shouldn't the far right GOP want her as the candidate? Unless, you know, they fear her as competition. 

They don't see Sanders as a legit threat at all.

If I was guessing, I would say with almost certainty that Bush will get more votes than Romney did in every state.

This is a great point.

Why would you ever think this?  A bad candidate is a bad candidate, regardless of political affiliation.   Hillary is for Hillary and if that happens to be on the right on this day, then that's where she is.  If it happens to be on the left on another day, then she is left.  Hillary is about Hillary IMO.

Every self-described republican I've talked to (irl, not online) has admitted to being scared of Hillary. They half think she doesn't have a chance, half think the GOP doesn't have a chance against her.

It'll be interesting. I wonder how many people will vote for/against her just because she's a woman. Was interesting to see how things broke down with Obama because of his skin color.

I can't wait until we stop voting for or against people because of their gender or race. I can't really imagine a worst reason to vote for someone. Being a woman/black doesn't make you anymore qualified for the job than it makes you unqualified, and the people on both sides are the same to me.

Why would you ever think this?  A bad candidate is a bad candidate, regardless of political affiliation.   Hillary is more Hillary and if that happens to be on the right on this day, then that's where she is.  If it happens to be on the left on another day, then she is left.  Hillary is about Hillary IMO.

It's the lesser of two evils argument. As someone who leans left, if push comes to shove, I'd rather have see Jeb in office over Perry or Santorum, for instance.

It's the lesser of two evils argument. As someone who leans left, if push comes to shove, I'd rather have see Jeb in office over Perry or Santorum, for instance.

But would you rather see Bush over a Hillary?   That's essentially the argument, unless I am misunderstanding.

But would you rather see Bush over a Hillary?   That's essentially the argument, unless I am misunderstanding.

You are. My argument was if I was a GOPer, especially a extreme rightwinger...wouldn't I prefer to see Hillary over almost all the other D candidates? Especially if you believe she is to the right of them.

That is, unless you fear her crossover appeal to undecided voters.

You are. My argument was if I was a GOPer, especially a extreme rightwinger...wouldn't I prefer to see Hillary over almost all the other D candidates? Especially if you believe she is to the right of them.

Prefer someone without all the baggage.  No way I would want to hear her narcissism for 4 years.

Well, if we are talking about the extreme right, I honestly don't think they entertain the idea of a Democrate at all.  At the end of the day, both Hillary and Trump have serious issues on with getting to the WH.  They are both bad candidates and I hope that, regardless of who is elected, it is a better option then either of them.  JMO

This story gets better and better.  It almost has me chuckling... :wub:

Because that is proper storage of classified information.  Bravo Mrs. Clinton.  Bravo.

I don't know if Americans are that dumb though.

Not to mention the ol' "Need to Know" problem with it.  Love lawyers.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/hillary-clinton-email-thumbdrive-security-120833.html

The agency declined to detail steps made to protect the sensitive information in attorney David Kendall’s possession, but the issue is raising concern among Republicans on Capitol Hill who’ve criticized Clinton’s handling of the email controversy. The thumb drive has copies of emails Clinton kept on a private server while she served as secretary of state, a trove now known to contain classified documents.

The agency told POLITICO that Clinton “does have counsel with clearance.” Kendall, a prominent Williams & Connolly attorney who defended former CIA director David Petraeus against charges of mishandling classified information, declined to comment.

Archived