Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Browns Shopping Wr Josh Gordon, Reported By Schefter

Jermizzle

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Monday the Browns are listening to and receiving trade offers for Josh Gordon.

This is very interesting for the Redskins. This a guy that RG3 wanted last year in the supplemental draft. Gordon is a legit deep threat, which we are lacking.

What do ya'll think about this?

No. We need to hold onto all our picks next year to continue building the young core and depth on this team.

WR will be a need - Garcon is a stud but we then have Hankerson who is a good number 3, Moss who is great in the slot but is close to the end of his career, Morgan who is one of the best blockers at receiver I have seen but is no more than a number 4 guy in terms of catching the ball. I had hopes that Robinson would step up but he has not started the year well. We need a number 2 guy.

However we need help all over the secondary more, a replacement for London Fletcher and a DE who can get some inside push. We also need a RT. we need all these things much much more than a deep threat WR who runs questionable routes and has some red flags in terms of the substance abuse policy. Ask yourself why the Browns are shopping him ....

IF we're 100% certain that the drug issue was an anomaly and not a trend, then I'd have him in a heartbeat. 

I'd even be willing to give them back the second rounder they gave up for him. 22 years old. Highly talented playmaker. Team him back up with 10. and thats a steal of a deal in ANYONES book. Hell, dude had a great rookie season with Brandon freaking Weeden throwing him the rock last year. 

I normally hate these threads, but I'd be all in on Josh. But we'd have to be 100% CERTAIN the drug thing isn't an on going issue. This isn't his first time. And we have enough problems here of that ilk to start with. 

Hail. 

*Edit* As a side note, loving the fact I was savvy enough to draft him in both my fantasy leagues. I feel a fantasy trade in the wind .....

Fred Davis straight up!

(Love Madden)

Our WRs are pretty decent actually. Morgan gets paid more than he's worth so probably won't be back next year. We can upgrade during the offseason without investing draft picks.

We could upgrade the WR position with a proven player for a pretty good pick I bet and then use the cap space to try to upgrade defensively.

Not saying I want to trade for him, mind you. 

Fred Davis straight up!

(Love Madden)

Our WRs are pretty decent actually. Morgan gets paid more than he's worth so probably won't be back next year. We can upgrade during the offseason without investing draft picks.

This makes sense for more than one reason:

1) Gordon was Robert's teammate at Baylor

2) Freddy is from Cleveland

3) He'll open up the passing game

IF we're 100% certain that the drug issue was an anomaly and not a trend, then I'd have him in a heartbeat. 

I'd even be willing to give them back the second rounder they gave up for him. 22 years old. Highly talented playmaker. Team him back up with 10. and thats a steal of a deal in ANYONES book. Hell, dude had a great rookie season with Brandon freaking Weeden throwing him the rock last year. 

I normally hate these threads, but I'd be all in on Josh. But we'd have to be 100% CERTAIN the drug thing isn't an on going issue. This isn't his first time. And we have enough problems here of that ilk to start with. 

Hail. 

*Edit* As a side note, loving the fact I was savvy enough to draft him in both my fantasy leagues. I feel a fantasy trade in the wind .....

totally agree. Rg3 and Gordon will be hell of a combo. If we know his drug issue is over with then i'll be all over this!

Yes, for all the fantasy football people....snag Gordon on waivers if he's still available :)

No. We need to hold onto all our picks next year to continue building the young core and depth on this team.

WR will be a need - Garcon is a stud but we then have Hankerson who is a good number 3, Moss who is great in the slot but is close to the end of his career, Morgan who is one of the best blockers at receiver I have seen but is no more than a number 4 guy in terms of catching the ball. I had hopes that Robinson would step up but he has not started the year well. We need a number 2 guy.

However we need help all over the secondary more, a replacement for London Fletcher and a DE who can get some inside push. We also need a RT. we need all these things much much more than a deep threat WR who runs questionable routes and has some red flags in terms of the substance abuse policy. Ask yourself why the Browns are shopping him ....

you answered your own argument.  We need a #2 so send a 3rd over for him.  He's young, proven and you don't have to spend a draft pick on a 'hopeful'

Archived