Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking The Ice/asking Someone Out

BraunMan92

You're really in a tough spot here. 

The only other option I see, where you might have some success, is to pretend like there's something wrong with your car (or outright sabotage if you like her that much, lol), after hours, where you know she'll see you in plain view when she's leaving, where she'll hopefully ask you "Is everything all right?" And then you can get to work.  :lol:

Kinda creepy, in a Ted Bundy kind of way.  ;)

Start with asking her out for coffee or lunch.  Maybe on a weekend since school days may be hectic.

All of the dumbazz advice has scared off the OP with the great ideas. Facebook? Why not just go up to her and do this?

Connect on Facebook? LMFAO  And this one is pretty good: Chicks go out to lunch with friends. Yeah, no one ever gets action after going out to lunch with anyone. Why not invite her to your WoW raid on Thursday's because it's so much fun!

Does anyone here ever get laid?

The only other option I see, where you might have some success, is to pretend like there's something wrong with your car (or outright sabotage if you like her that much, lol), after hours, where you know she'll see you in plain view when she's leaving, where she'll hopefully ask you "Is everything all right?" And then you can get to work.  :lol:

I know you put the laughing smiley up there, but that plan seemed to detailed to me. So I have to ask you... Did it work?

Oooh! These threads are the best!

Ok, here's what you do. Walk up next to her while she's sitting and rub your genitals on her shoulder. That should get her attention. When she responds it will likely go one of two ways. Way one (most likely), she'll scream "What the hell are you doing!" To which you respond, "Did you feel that?" In your Vin Diesel voice. Way two (less likely), she will turn and ask if you want to go on a "date". Beware, this means she moonlights as a hooker and likely has the AIDS.

Either way, you'll be closer to asking her out than you are by starting a thread on ES asking how to ask her out. Seriously, don't be afraid and just be yourself. It either works or it doesn't.

The only issue is, if I get rejected I don't know what to do. I sit next to her so it'd be pretty awkward. Hey...um...I'm the guy that asked you out and you said no, but I'm still sitting here every day. :| 

No doubt it would be weird, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It'll get better, trust me.  

Michael Jordan said: "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." That is how I think when I approach a girl. She either digs me or not. :mellow:

No doubt it would be weird, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It'll get better, trust me.

Michael Jordan said: "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." That is how I think when I approach a girl. She either digs me or not. :mellow:

Exactly. Be who you are. If she doesn't like you, her loss, another girl will.

There's talking, and then there's talking. If you both have been going out to lunch for awhile and A) She hasn't given you a hint that she likes you, or B ) You haven't done anything to let her know that you want to go out with her, or both, and yet you both still keep eating/sitting together, she's either waiting for you to ask her out (meaning that you've missed all the signs) , or you're in the friend zone.

He's definitely in the friend zone. Sounds like this girl is just hanging out with him for his homework or something.

Gotta step up your game, ix. And btw, approaching a girl in a grocery store isn't immoral, but it's a little creepy. Especially if you don't have any skills.

Why didn't I have threads like this earlier in life to help unveil the man's mind? :lol:

As a female, I'm scared off by really bold guys I don't feel I know well.  Maybe you know her better than exchanging pleasantries, or I have a different interpretation of "pleasantries."  I wouldn't ask her to dinner or anything like that, I'd go for the least intimidating type of "date," like coffee.  Or maybe bring coffee for both of you if you know what she likes and she'll warm up past pleasantries.

Whatever the case, good luck.

I'd bet. Women at or near that age can be very... deviant.

More like we've become battle-weary from all the assholes we've run into in our 20's.  :)

, I'd go for the least intimidating type of "date," like coffee. Or maybe bring coffee for both of you if you know what she likes and she'll warm up past pleasantries.

Exactly. Always, always, always start out with coffee. Dating is like good music, start simple and soft, then build to the crechendo. If you start out with a bang, it scares your audience, and you can only go downhill from there.

Word to the wise... Chicks go out to lunch with their friends. You need to ask her out on a date (and use the words 'date' or 'go out,' something that suggests a romantic time together.) Tell her you like her and think she's cute. You have to let her know you're interested in her and want to get to know her as a woman, and not just a friend. If she likes you, she'll let you know she's interested in you, too. If not, no worries, move on.

Girls dig bold guys who take risks.

THIS IS TRUE!!!

OK, a girl's perspective is needed (sorry if I didn't wait for Special K).  I got this far in the thread, and hit gold.

I know it's a weird situation.  But go big.  Not flowers or balloons, but work it!

Hubby & I had known each other for 20 years before we started dating.  He was in my restaurant one day & said, "Where's your ring?"

There was none, so he asked for my #.  I gave it to him, and he called me at the restaurant 30 minutes after leaving.  We're totally supposed to be together...and who knew? 

Be bold.  If she's single, and attached to nothing other than her cats(lol)you're in.  We like things that kind of startle us...it's strange, and so are females, lol, but get in there.  Make a move...she probably won't turn you down in front of other people...

And make the "date" worth her time...that's when you break out a small arrangement of some carnations or something.  "These aren't as pretty as you" sounds lame, so come up with a better line than that, but GO!!!

We are so opposite, SkinsMarydu, lol.  Just goes to show how complicated females are.  I bet more females are like you though, I just get embarrassed easily with men who I don't know well and run away if they attempt anything even remotely grandiose.   

P.S.  To the men, NO CARNATIONS!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

A great quote I read the other night

"I'd rather have a female mad at me than bored by me"

Coffee and cupcakes late in the day that could lead to happy hour- low risk, more then likely what she usually gets, but a safe play

The key though is that "ice breaker" 

Pleasantries only do so much, you need to ask her a question or set of questions that get her talking and put her at ease with you

Archived