Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB playing time for Titans preseason game

HtownRocks111

Ok guys Im thinking about placing a few dollars bet on this game.   I know its mainly backups playing but I think our backups are halfway decent.  A few of them could be starters on the Titans  :lol:

Having said that, if Kirk Cousins plays until halftime I feel good about putting money on the game.  But will we go conservative thinking he may be our starter depending on if RGIII has any setbacks?  I don't want to lose $$$ on the game because Pat White or Rex Grossman are throwing INTs to Tennessee!

How do you think playing time will be given out?

Kirk Cousins 1/2, Pat White 1/2?

or

Kirk Cousins 2 possessions (ala Cowboys/Dolphins game) Pat White the next 2 quaters, then Grossman/scrub filler for the final quater?

If it were me, I would go Cousins for the first quarter, Grossman for the second, and White for the third and fourth.

That's reasonable and wouldn't shock me it it went that way. I think if we only see Kirk for a few series one might be able to read something into wether or not they have confidence Griff will be a go game one. 

can't believe anyone would bet preseason.

IIRC, we have been a dog the past 3 times playing the Titans and have won each game (dating back to 2002 (Ramsey, squad, and McNabb).  Most recent two games were close.  I actually left the preseason game several years ago when we were down 13 or so with a few minutes to play and ended up winning. We've never been a favorite here.

Regardless, don't bet on preseason.

I think Kirk is only in there for a series or 2 and then Grossman plays the remainder of the 1st half.

Whit entire 2nd half.

That would be my guess given Kirk is currently the opening day starter. Maybe Rex plays into the 3rd quarter with White coming on the last 20-25 minutes.

I'd personally give Cousins at least the first quarter with the first XI. Maybe more dependent on how long the O is on the field the first 15. But I'd guess it will play out like DJ suggests.

Hail.

I say Kirk with the first team guys for a series or two. Kirk with the 2nd team-ers through the rest of the 1st Q.  Rex will take things through half and the first series in the 3rd.  Pat will finish up the game with the scabs.

If it were me, I would go Cousins for the first quarter, Grossman for the second, and White for the third and fourth.

And we could go into halftime with a 21 - 0 lead...

and come out 42 - 21 at the end, lol. 

I've heard Pat White being compared to piles of poop.  And that is the censored version.

Kirk Cousins 2 possessions (ala Cowboys/Dolphins game) Pat White the next 2 quaters, then Grossman/scrub filler for the final quater?

There are only 4 QBs on the roster... so who is this "scrub filler" that would play?  Other than White :)

No offense but why would anyone bet on a preseaon game? &3Neither team really cares about winning just getting out unscathed. If it is close and the team looked good then the coaches are happy

I say Kirk 1st  Rex 2&3  white 4th. Rex needs the work

I want to see Rex run the Read Option keeper. #unleashthedragon

Haha - You want to see Rex get smashed!!!

I love it!

Rex has some wheels. Thankfully he also has some brakes as he almost ran my ass over a few years ago in Jacksonville.

I want to see Rex run the Read Option keeper. #unleashthedragon

Haha - You want to see Rex get smashed!!!

I love it!

I remember him in Chicago and he did roll out on those wheels often, due to that line.

Since he has put on that weight, he now runs like he has a tummy ache. lol

Archived