Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB do you WANT to face Week 1?

emor09

Vick or Foles  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather face Michael Vick or Nick Foles in the season opener?

Simple question, who would you rather face week 1?

We beat Foles twice last year, but he was improving down the stretch. 

Vick was a turnover machine last year, but we didn't face him. As a starter against us, I believe he is 4-1, with the only loss coming when his ribs were injured at the goal line in Philly and he had to leave the game.

I think that Chip Kelly's offense has aspects that both players will struggle with. 

Kelly always had a mobile QB at Oregon. Foles is not mobile...at all. We sacked him 5 times in two games last year, forced 4 fumbles and recovered one (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25798/gamelog). 

Kelly also wants his QB to limit turnovers, make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. Vick has struggled with turnovers and reading defenses throughout his career. He has always relied on his athletic ability to make plays. 

So who do you WANT to face? 

For me, it's Foles. The Eagles wide receivers are awful. Stop the bomb to Jackson and their receivers can't do much. If WR are all covered, Foles won't make anything happen. Vick possibly could. 

This is the first time I've tried to add a poll on a thread, hopefully it works. 

Living in Eagles radio area, Ive heard the pundits repeatedly say Kelly will run a quick decision quick passing offense. Get the ball out of the QBs hands, and don't sit around for a play to develop.

If thats the case give me Vick week 1. Dude holds onto the ball like it's made of gold, and that offense would not suit him well.

Foles.

After that MNF beatdown in 2010, I never want to see Vick against us at Fedex Field on a MNF again.

This. I'll never let my guard down on Michael Vick. That game is burned into my memory for eternity. Give me Nick Foles, Nick Fury, Nick Cage, Nickelodeon. No more Vick.

Quite frankly, no matter who is under center, I see the Eagles as being dangerous for the first 4 weeks of the season because nobody (including us) has tape on them. Even Jim Zorn was able to sneak up on the NFL before the rest of the league figured him out. Mark my words, Chip Kelly will bring Vick back from the brink.

Hmmm. the reason some are putting for not wanting to see Vick is the reason I do want to see him. That beat down did suck, and it pissed me off. And I know Shanahan is probably pissed off too. I would love for us to get back at Vick for what he did that night.

With potentially 3 rookies in our secondary, I'd prefer all opponents not use quarterbacks in 2013.  :)

Foles

I don't want to face Vick for two reasons:

- He is dangerous and just beat a super fast running back in a foot race.

- Eagle's will try to run some type of option scheme. This will open the door and on how we defend it, which is a rough draft on how to defend RG3.

I don't mind that, really but not the first game of the season.

Foles is what we need to give this defense more confidence and build on what we did 8 mints ago.

Foles.

After that MNF beatdown in 2010, I never want to see Vick against us at Fedex Field on a MNF again.

Not looking for the redemption and payback for that night in addition to being the first nail in the "Vick's final months in Philly" coffin?

My take: Any QB the Eagles play that night is going to give our secondary a lot of confidence heading into Green Bay...

Foles hands down.

1.  Foles is the least effective running QB they have.

2.  Foles has shown to stand like a statue in the pocket. Which should fire up our full strength pass rush.

3.  If Foles starts, it means that Vick sucks - which is a blessing.  We cannot afford him to go RG3 on our defense and ruin the confidence of our rooks. Foles should throw up some juicy ducks when he is running for his life.

4.  I love making lists!

HAIL.

Foles.

This. I'll never let my guard down on Michael Vick. That game is burned into my memory for eternity. Give me Nick Foles, Nick Fury, Nick Cage, Nickelodeon. No more Vick.

Quite frankly, no matter who is under center, I see the Eagles as being dangerous for the first 4 weeks of the season because nobody (including us) has tape on them. Even Jim Zorn was able to sneak up on the NFL before the rest of the league figured him out. Mark my words, Chip Kelly will bring Vick back from the brink.

I remember the Giants still beating the Skins in Week 1

Good god, you'd think with all of the scared replies in this thread that we are facing the 2007 undefeated Patriots. We were the 4th highest scoring team in the NFL, so shouldn't they be afraid of us? Come on, we have to stop being afraid of everyone we play. It's time they fear us!

Vick is the prototype athlete Chip Kelly probably wants to run his up-tempo offense. The problem is, he turns the ball over too much and can't read a defense enough to sustain a consistent offense, not to mention even at his age he still refuses to not play reckless with the ball in his hands.

That said, he still has the athletic skills to pull out some spectacular unexpected plays regardless if the offense overall is lacking.

Foles on the other hand is young, in experienced and is now going into his 2nd offense in two seasons. Being a fast moving offense also might make it even more difficult for him.

Honestly, I think the offense Philly is implimenting is going to make it difficult for them to succeed in 2013 regardless of who the QB is, however I think in the short-term, Vick is a better fit for this style for as long as he can stay healthy.

Therefore if I had a preference, it would Foles.

Good god, you'd think with all of the scared replies in this thread that we are facing the 2007 undefeated Patriots. We were the 4th highest scoring team in the NFL, so shouldn't they be afraid of us? Come on, we have to stop being afraid of everyone we play. It's time they fear us!

You know what.. Youre right!!! We won the Division last year. We will defend that feat.

Vick was a turnover machine last year, but we didn't face him. As a starter against us, I believe he is 4-1, with the only loss coming when his ribs were injured at the goal line in Philly and he had to leave the game.

I think that Chip Kelly's offense has aspects that both players will struggle with. 

Kelly always had a mobile QB at Oregon. Foles is not mobile...at all. We sacked him 5 times in two games last year, forced 4 fumbles and recovered one (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25798/gamelog). 

Kelly also wants his QB to limit turnovers, make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. Vick has struggled with turnovers and reading defenses throughout his career. He has always relied on his athletic ability to make plays. 

For me, it's Foles. The Eagles wide receivers are awful. Stop the bomb to Jackson and their receivers can't do much. If WR are all covered, Foles won't make anything happen. Vick possibly could. 

This is the first time I've tried to add a poll on a thread, hopefully it works. 

nope, he's 3-1, but close. lost to us the first time we played, him (the game where we injured his ribs), then beat us in the MNF debacle, making it 1-1 against us in coach mikes first season with the skins. the next season, beat us the week after our bye week, then beat us week 17 as well. both of those seasons, we didnt have RG3 to get us ahead. instead, we had McNabb and Grossman. I think we could beat them no matter who they start at QB.

nope, he's 3-1, but close. lost to us the first time we played, him (the game where we injured his ribs), then beat us in the MNF debacle, making it 1-1 against us in coach mikes first season with the skins. the next season, beat us the week after our bye week, then beat us week 17 as well. both of those seasons, we didnt have RG3 to get us ahead. instead, we had McNabb and Grossman. I think we could beat them no matter who they start at QB.

He beat us with Atlanta in 2006

Archived