Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron

Chachie

• 4 months later...

The odd thing is that Avengers 2 is scheduled to be a few months earlier than Ant Man in 2015. So, we'll get Ultron in Avengers 2 and then find out/shown just how he was created by Pym a few months later?

Is that weird for anyone?

Yes especially for a title character. I mean, there were a few Avengers characters who were just there. Hawkeye. Well, I guess he had a spot in Thor. But not origin. 

The odd thing is that Avengers 2 is scheduled to be a few months earlier than Ant Man in 2015. So, we'll get Ultron in Avengers 2 and then find out/shown just how he was created by Pym a few months later?

Is that weird for anyone?

ive read some where that Ultron will be introduced with a different origin story.  But if douglas is rumoured to be in the Avengers 2 then things might have changed.

Well, to be honest, I have no problem when they take some liberties with the backstories. Or if they are cast a little off (like Jackman..who is a great Wolverine even if he's like a foot taller than he should be). 

So as long as the Ultron backstory is entertaining, I'm sure I will have no problem with it. It's not like the majority of the viewers will know Ultron anyways.

Well, to be honest, I have no problem when they take some liberties with the backstories. Or if they are cast a little off (like Jackman..who is a great Wolverine even if he's like a foot taller than he should be). 

So as long as the Ultron backstory is entertaining, I'm sure I will have no problem with it. It's not like the majority of the viewers will know Ultron anyways.

to tell you the truth i didnt until i read ultron was gonna be in the avengers 2 and i started to read the back story.

was never a big comic book guy but love the movies and been playing catch up

Either way - the idea that all superhero movies need to be camp is thankfully gone.

That was one of the (many) things I really liked about the X Men movies. The way they actually could use things as a way of looking at societal issues.

Really wouldn't mind seeing some more of those.

(Now, can we please get rid of this notion that every third movie has to be a "let's reboot and do an origin story again"?)

Yeah, I do think that the comic fans can be a lot like a lot of Trekkies, when it comes to "that movie conflicts with what they said in book # 117!"

just found this.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/thomas-kretschmann-brings-more-villainy-avengers-age-ultron-182456467.html

looking like they might tie Ultron to the HYDRA project that was explained in Captain America  

Dunno much about the comics but i know this is not the origin story in the comics but will this fly

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This could be a lot of fun. Finally sat down and watched the first one not that long ago,(yeah I know),and loved it. I loved this version of them. Haven't been disappointed in the Iron Man movies,Captain America,Thor,and now the Avengers. Both Marvel and D.C. have redone,retold,re-loaded,re-everything with most if not all the characters in their Universe's I'm used to the films doing the same. Actually welcome it these days. 

Is this the official Marvels thread? If so you have to see Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm not going to troll a thread full of Avenger loverboys, but this is probably the best Marvels film since the Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies (have not been keeping up with the new Spiderman).

Is this the official Marvels thread? <edit>

This thread is about what the title and OP says it's about. That's how we tend to do it 'round here.  :)

There are other more general movie threads, though each with their own overall premise.

We love our tv, music videos, and movies here in the tailgate.  :lol:

Archived