Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFF Starting Lineup Ratings

lol, London Fletcher is poor. 

And that is why stats will always take a back seat to common sense sprinkled with observation. Which stat of theirs mention how many times he's put our defense in the right situation? 

This is ridiculous.  I would certainly put RG3 and Williams as blue chip players, even though they're young.  I wouldn't put Merriweather and Riley as below average and I sure as **** wouldn't put Fletcher as poor.  To each their own, but man... this synopsis sucks.

This is ridiculous.  I would certainly put RG3 and Williams as blue chip players, even though they're young.  I wouldn't put Merriweather and Riley as below average and I sure as **** wouldn't put Fletcher as poor.  To each their own, but man... this synopsis sucks.

Fletcher is the worst player on the defense, apparently lol...

Na, to me Blue Chip is Rogers, Brady, guys like that.  If RG3 has another great season like he did last year, which I expect he will, then I would call him Blue Chip.  Same for Morris.  Williams has had one great year.  Again, too me, a blue chipper is someone who does it year in and year out without fail.  London Fletcher would be a Blue chipper if he was younger.

I almost died laughing, especially with Fletcher being below average and the silverback not being elite.  Even on the boys, I think Duane Harris is better than average and how is Witten not elite?

Fletcher wasn't below average...he was "poor". He'd have to improve to be "below average" lol...

Na, to me Blue Chip is Rogers, Brady, guys like that.  If RG3 has another great season like he did last year, which I expect he will, then I would call him Blue Chip.  Same for Morris.  Williams has had one great year.  Again, too me, a blue chipper is someone who does it year in and year out without fail.  London Fletcher would be a Blue chipper if he was younger.

For PFF, though, I think they feel "blue chip" is being one of the top 5 at your position (at least with QBs anyway) according to their analysis and metrics.

Guys,

In case you have forgotten... London Fletcher led the NFL in missed tackles last year (most of which came in the first 8-10 games of the season) and he also got used in coverage during that time.

Just a thought as to where these "ratings" came from.

That said, it's hard to see how they rate the players after looking at the Cowboys starters and their ratings...

Personally I would not get too upset about the Redskins rating apart from London who even at this very advanced stage and in decline is still not a poor linebacker. I can see them rating RGIII a notch below elite as he only has one year - if he plays at the same level again this season then he gets bumped up. I'd make a case for Trent being elite though at LT.

As for the Cowboys how they rate Doug Free as anything other than poor is beyond me - he was one of the worst starting tackles in the league last year. Polumbus was poor in pass protection but at least he was solid in the run game. Even though Polumbus is our weak link on offense IMO I would not trade him straight up for Free.

Not too upset at these ratings.  No blue chip?  Yeah, that's fine.  We don't have anybody (even rg3 or trent) who you could argue being the best at his position (or at least top 2 or 3).  That is the definition of blue chip.

I don't even mind if Dallas's starters are ranked higher, afterall they were a very banged up team last year, as were we, and our backups were clearly better.

Fletcher also did miss a lot of plays last year.  Let's face it, age has caught up to him.  Nobody plays ILB at a high level at 37 years old.  He's still the best option for our team, but he's probably not going to get better with age.

Wow look at SF ratings. Its a sea of dark green. interesting when you look at teams like TB, the Jets, Arizona, and Buffalo that have several blue players and had horrible seasons..

I also checked out Seattle... and Percy Harvin is a blue chip player.

Whodathought?

I'll be happy when actual football takes the place of all these pointless rankings and ratings.

As for these particular ratings, I rate them "poor", a category most of these exercises in futility tend to fall under for me. It's hard to take them very seriously though, which is a good thing.

Wow look at SF ratings. Its a sea of dark green. interesting when you look at teams like TB, the Jets, Arizona, and Buffalo that have several blue players and had horrible seasons..

Whodathought?

Percy Harvin is the most overrated player in Football.  the way people talk about him, you'd think he puts up numbers like Megatron.  Does this guy even have a 1000 yard season?

Whodathought?

Percy Harvin is the most overrated player in Football.  the way people talk about him, you'd think he puts up numbers like Megatron.  Does this guy even have a 1000 yard season?

This.  Times a thousand.

Archived