Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFF Starting Lineup Ratings

The problem with this ranking for Fletcher is that penalizes Fletcher for the plays he failed to make (21 missed tackles) while not rewarding for the plays he did make. I would argue that Fletcher's 5 INTs and 1 forced fumble and his 21 missed tackles are a wash at worst.

Furthermore, if Fletcher is missing that many tackles and yet piling up so many, that means he's getting himself in position to make lots of tackles. So most likely, something like missed tackles to tackle attempts would be a better stat but I don't think PFF has it.

Problem wasn't just missed tackles, but total amount of 1st downs and td's allowed.  He was pretty disastrous in that field.  A defender's job is to prevent 1st downs.  His 5 ints and 3 sacks, as great of plays as they are, doesn't make up for allowing 5 tds and 33 first downs on passing plays when some of the better linebackers allowed half as many.  It's same reason we get down on Deangelo Hall, which, surprisingly enough, I don't see anyone arguing against his below average ranking here.

There's a stat that shows how many 1st downs a linebacker allowed?

Ah, ok, you meant 1st down on passing plays.

I think the issue is that, unilke Hall, nobody expects Fletcher (or any of the LBs) to be great in pass coverage...adequate, at best, yeah. It's Hall's primary job to cover receivers, though, so if he goes through a span of games where he's underperforming in that category it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

You expect him to be adequate in pass coverage compared to other LBs, which he was not.  In fact, he was the worst in the league.  When you can point to a guy and say he's the worst in the league at something, that's not going to give him a shining review.

London was a huge liability in pass coverage last year and will be again this year.  By week 7 some people on this site were suggesting benching him for Robinson and calling for Haslett's head.  He simply can not cover some of the taller and athletic tight ends in the league.  Look what Graham did to us and Gonzalez practically won the game single handily for ATL.  He was torched week in and week out until the bye and then the D stepped up big time.  Just because he played better (not good) down the stretch doesn't take away from giving up tons of first downs and TDs while covering people.  Between the amount of missed tackles and busted coverage I'd say he was 'Below Average' over the course of the season.  I wouldn't call him 'poor' because he is the leader of the D and had some great plays, but lets call a spade a spade and he was definitely on the bad end of many plays.  

TL;DR:  London was pretty bad for the majority of the season last year.

London was a huge liability in pass coverage last year and will be again this year. By week 7 some people on this site were suggesting benching him for Robinson and calling for Haslett's head. He simply can not cover some of the taller and athletic tight ends in the league. Look what Graham did to us and Gonzalez practically won the game single handily for ATL.

Name me 5 LBs who Graham and Gonzo can't do that to. Maybe Patrick Willis, but that's about it.

Don't think much of the ratings, did we really line up in the nickel 50% of the time?

What I do find interesting is they have Biggers at corner and Hall covering the slot. Rambo also gets the nod at FS.

Between Hall, Wilson, and Biggers, Hall is best suited for inside. That's not really a surprise for me.

Jamaal Charles, 1500 yards and 5 TD's: Elite Player

Alfred Morris, 1600 yards, 13 TD's: High Quality

Stats lie.

Yeah, so much for stats lol. I'm ready for the season to start to put this nonsense to bed. Kind of makes you rethink things about PFF and their credibility, but it's all good. The proof is in the pudding.

Trent Williams is the one person on our team that should be deemed blue chip.

I guess if it is based on more than last year, otherwise Alfred Morris would also have to be BC material, no. 2 in yards on a playoff team garners that much. 

Jamaal Charles, 1500 yards and 5 TD's: Elite Player

Alfred Morris, 1600 yards, 13 TD's: High Quality

Stats lie.

Yeah, so much for stats lol. I'm ready for the season to start to put this nonsense to bed. Kind of makes you rethink things about PFF and their credibility, but it's all good. The proof is in the pudding.

Charles has more total yards than Morris last year.  Morris may be fringe blue chip, but I wouldn't rank him over Charles.

Trent Williams is the one person on our team that should be deemed blue chip.

I guess if it is based on more than last year, otherwise Alfred Morris would also have to be BC material, no. 2 in yards on a playoff team garners that much. 

I just feel Trent has the most natural god given talent on the team (outside of maybe RG III) and last year he finally put it all together.

Archived