Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

First round fodder isn't terribly compelling anyway. It's rare that the 8th or 7th seeds put up too much of a fight. There are some notable exceptions but for the most part the top two seeds in each conference dominate early. Whoever it is the Cavs and Hawks get to steam roll matters little.

The only challenger of note in the top four games is Dallas and only because they seem to give the spurs fits. They seem weaker with Rondo and might roll over and die easier than last year.

Los Angeles STARTERS M FG FT TR A PF PTS

J. Clarkson, PG 47 10-21 1-2 5 6 2 23

J. Brown, SG 46 6-17 5-6 2 7 5 18

J. Hill, PF 28 9-19 0-0 6 4 3 18

R. Kelly, PF 27 1-6 1-1 3 1 3 3

T. Black, C 24 4-6 0-0 7 0 4 8

Sacramento STARTERS M FG FT TR A PF PTS

O. Casspi, SF 37 7-14 10-13 9 6 2 26

J. Thompson, PF 32 4-8 2-4 10 2 2 10

B. McLemore, SG 31 2-7 3-4 5 2 0 8

R. McCallum, PG 28 5-11 2-2 5 3 2 12

C. Landry, PF 19 5-7 4-4 3 0 2 14

now THIS is an all star game!

Edited by mcsluggo

I agreed with the first part. Then he went all classic Paul Pierce "We aren't afraid of them" blah blah blah. Says the wheelchair man. Felt so good bouncing he and KG's ass every year.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Say what you want, but that was a great interview.  Deron Williams deserves to be called out, all that talent and apparently no interest in winning any way but his (which never won much).  The Ray Allen stuff was interesting and it fits with the vibe he gives off in interviews.  Not bad but very much about what his own thing and not "one of the guys". 

As a wizards fan this was my favorite part:

"That kid just needs to get mad. If he came to practice ticked off and to the games ticked off, he'd be fine. But it's hard to get Otto mad. I should punch him one day just to get him riled up.''

It was missing a great quote, like when Stephen Jackson admitting he enjoyed punching a fan, but it was good all the same. 

I get why you aren't a fan but he was the ultimate irrational confidence guy.

And probably the one NBA star I would never try. Like I was talking about Scott Steiner in the wrestling thread, Pierce seems like "that guy"

Until he breaks a nail and needs a medivac to the nearest trauma center. :)

Paul Pierce is a salty son of a ****.  You love him when he's on your team and hate him when he's on your rival.  I wish there were more like him.  He makes it fun to be a fan.

The Verizon Center doesn't get that loud either so you can hear some of the stuff he's shouting during games some times.  It's hilarious.  Dude has so much swagger and attitude, I can see how young players would be like, "what did I get myself into?" The first time they play against him.

He's done a really good job bringing out the mean streak in Wall and Beal.

And when I say I wish there were more like Pierce, I'm not talking about Lance Stephenson or Dion Waiters.  The guy should actually be good.

DeMarcus Cousins needs to get to a good team and become more essential to the league.  I want to see that guy channeling his inner Pierce, playing meaningful basketball, winning games, and just talking ****.

So apparently Curry hit 77 three-pointers in a row in practice yesterday and made 94 out of 100.

Elite pro level shooter? Not all that shocking to me, honestly. 77 in a row is more awesome though. Guy is just non human, especially from long range.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

No dog in the fight this year, so I will be following the Warriors. I hope they make it through that West minefield. It would be good for the NBA if they could at least make it to the WCF. Its amazing to see the player that Curry has morphed into. I think a lot of people (myself included) thought that he'd be in this league for a long time, but I don't think anybody saw this. And the evolution of Draymond Green (my MIP), giving them some junkyard dog nastiness.

And if they don't, I hope anyone but the Spurs make it. I want Cleveland to make it all the way just so their schizphrenic fanbase can have their hearts ripped out yet again.

Death to Cleveland

Going into the final day:

- If San Antonio beats the Pelicans tonight:

1.) San Antonio will be the two seed.

2.) New Orleans will need OKC to lose to Minnesota to be the 8 seed.

- If Houston beats the Jazz and the Pelicans beat the Spurs:

1.) Houston will be the two seed.

2.) New Orleans will be the eight seed.

3.) The Spurs will be the five seed.

- If both Houston and San Antonio lose their games tonight:

1.) The Clippers will be the two seed

2.) The Spurs will be the three seed

3.) The Rockets will be the five seed

4.) New Orleans will be the eight seed

San Antonio as the two or three seed is the best scenario for Golden State IMO. They would be able to handle Portland or Houston in the second round. San Antonio would be a tougher draw.

There is a good chance we could see:

- Steph Curry win MVP and Finals MVP

- Steve Kerr win COY

- Draymond Green win DPOY

- Klay Thompson win MIP

And they still might get steamrolled by the Spurs.   :(

No way on Klay.   The MIP is Jimmy Butler (or Rudy Gobert or the Greek Freak or even Hassan Whiteside)

COY should be Budenholzer, (but what Brad Stephens has done in Boston is a near miracle).   Kerr might get it but he doesn't deserve it.

It has to be Draymond or Kawhi for DPOY (Gobert has a claim as well)

It's Curry or Harden for MVP.