Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

More boos.  What a ****ty fanbase.  Boo during regular season, maybe even a bad run in the playoffs but the Finals?  No fanbase is less deserving of multiple titles (I have respect for OG Heat fans but you are a lonesome lot.)

San Antonio is not choking this one away.  They keep answering and Kawhi seems to be stirred by Pop's urging and by his failure at the FT line last year.

Do people realize that the Spurs were going to win the title last year but for Manu and Leonard not making just one or two total FTs from four shots? Or Pop's braindead decision to take out his best rebounder in a critical moment.

Is it just me or has the Eastern Conference sucked basically nonstop since Jordan retired? I mean remember when the Nets were going to Finals seemingly every year and it seemed almost by default? Like they pulled the short straw and were chosen to be the Western Conference's **** that year.

Lol, I swear to God LeBron manufactures excuses ahead of time in case they lose. His tummy hurt. Awwwww. Does the little baby have an upset tummy? Awwwww.

I swear to God, an aged Pippen with a terrible back in the 98 Finals is worth more than Lebron.  Sure Lebron is a better player but Pippen was a better player for these moments.  And his frequent turnovers are hilarious.

Notice how Lebron makes shots when the pressures off?  When the team actually needs him to STOP the rout while it's in its infancy, this mug is nowhere to be found.  He's a fantastic frontrunner. 

And what happened to defending 1-5. LOL Please.  Then DO IT!

Where are Bosh and Wade? It's Lebron vs Spurs right now.

Bosh has been made useless by playing with Lebron.  That's why he's not even on the floor.

Never has a team player made so many versatile players more one-dimensional.

Manu is just whipping bullets tonight, last year at this time they looked like boulders. Can't believe he's had such a bounce back season.

The reason San Antonio didn't just beat the **** out of the Heat last year seems as much to be because Manu and Parker were awful/hurt.

Lol, I swear to God LeBron manufactures excuses ahead of time in case they lose. His tummy hurt. Awwwww. Does the little baby have an upset tummy? Awwwww.

Exactly.  And yes, another Jordan comparison.  Game 5 against the Jazz, Jordan had a stomach virus/food poisoning (called it the flu game), he goes off for 38 points/7 rebounds/5 assists/3 steals and 1 blocked shot.  Not to mention, he hit a game changing 3 pointer to put them up by 3 points with like 20-30 seconds left in the game.  

I remember them interviewing Scottie Pippen and he said he had never seen MJ that sick in his life and talked about how he spent the entire half-time puking his guts out.  

LeBron is great, but he's not the GOAT and he will never be.  I don't care if he gets 6 or 7 or 8 titles.  He had to talk to his buddies about teaming up and playing on the same team to get his rings.  And while most will say who cares, and really I don't care that much and often wondered why more players didn't do that, he still "had to do it".  And they are the best team (talent wise) assembled in a long time, no doubt.  

But the Spurs are the better TEAM.  They play for each other and are self-less.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

THANK YOU.  It's about the character of these guys, or at least the character in a team concept.  It's why role players look great in limited minutes at times for them.  You can't be making fun of your opponent for having the flu (Wade/Lebron I'm lookin at you) and being an asshole, not unless the guys you're playing have no talent.  

Also, does anyone, even Wade, have a true murderous sociopath instinct for competition?  I mean, Durant doesn't either, but I feel like Westbrook does.  

But more importantly, other than a few shining moments, Leonard has outshined Lebron, not statistically but for what he has meant for his team.  Lebron's lame "down 25, NOW I'll hit a three" act is getting tired.  I can't wait for the day someone replaces either him, or at least he moves to a team where his ego is subsumed more.

People are just saying anything now. Spurs is the only team in the NBA that can defeat the Heat in a 7 game series.

Also I think these have the right to boo this team. Little to no effort not once, but twice at home. Paying to attend the most expensive games of the season and you get this? Yeah boo their assess!

Lebron 19pts and rest of team 2pts in 3rd quarter.  That will get it done every time

If Lebron didn't require the ball in his hands nonstop and turn a versatile talent like Bosh into someone you barely recognize playing on the court, then maybe they'd be better equipped to deal with these sorts of moments.

I suppose Ray Allen, Miller and Chalmers can't bail his ass out this time.

If Lebron didn't require the ball in his hands nonstop and turn a versatile talent like Bosh into someone you barely recognize playing on the court, then maybe they'd be better equipped to deal with these sorts of moments.

I suppose Ray Allen, Miller and Chalmers can't bail his ass out this time.

Are you serious?  I mean for real?  

At least if the Heat end up losing their Second finals of the big three era (and third loss of Lebrons career) people can't go on and on about Lebron not having people around him. He has players around him, including multiple Olympians/legit all star talent. If they're not showing in games, and past Lebron teams were criticized for not showing up in games, perhaps it's time to wonder if the common denominator has some impact to that in some fashion.

Lebron is a great player, the best in the nba right now, but the blowback against him has been because of the rush from the start to proclaim him an all time great and then quickly turning to GOAT with constant Jordan comparisons.

If he ends up with 3 final losses on his resume, with one as a sweep and two with pretty much hand picked teams with two other superstars, it's going to hurt the credibility if those arguing it even more. And adding a "big 4th" in Melo to potentially get 3 or more would hardly change that.

Ugly, ugly, ugly two games thus far from the heat. Maybe they can come back....they have the talent to do it...but it's looking like more and more of an uphill battle

Also, does anyone, even Wade, have a true murderous sociopath instinct for competition? I mean, Durant doesn't either, but I feel like Westbrook does.

I think Wade did. Whether it's age, injury, or a few years of deferring instead of being the alpha...it doesn't seem to be there to the same degree anymore.

Edited by ZRagone

Are you serious?  I mean for real?  

Look basketball is a team sport but you have to understand, there's a difference between a role player giving you some nice minutes and absolutely going off.  That is what has happened in the past, guys getting threes in bunches, even with a hand in the face.  Lebron DOES turn guys into less versatile players because he mainly requires the ball to be effective, outside of the fast break. It's why Bosh is a non-entity, though he has shown heart in some series, including the Finals and made some big plays. 

Notice how this most recent run, like part of the run last game, has Lebron on the bench and guys are passing and doing things?

Sure, Lebron is good enough as he normally is to blow through the Eastern conference, but that style of play is not conducive to the ball movement and team concept that can make you more consistently effective.  

Dude, understand something.  I saw Lebron in his first or second year in person.  I was a huge fan of his, even his leaving Cleveland while shocking is not why I'm saying this.  I've watched him fairly closely.  I was one who said he needed to develop a post game and whle his footwork ain't grand, he is certainly much more effective there.  Lebron is not and has not been a great off the ball player, even before he seemed to get even bulkier.  He is ball-dominant to the point where he's nearly worthless without the ball in his hands.  

And that's without even covering his passivity at the worst possible moments.  I think Lebron is mainly mentally weak.  But maybe that's my fault for having some exemplars who seemed to have a better mentality, even if not a better gift.

The heat are the embodiment of all the faults the NBA is known for, along with their filth of a fanbase and all the mindless sheep that care nothing for the integrity of the game and approve of their colluding. 

They deserve nothing short of a blow out in every remaining game this series. 

"We so excited about getting Melo", yes yes please get another superstar soon to be turned role player, dilute the talent some more why don't you, get excited for your offseason because that's all there is to look forward to if this type of play continues. 

• Like 1