Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Goddamn was I wrong about Kawhi Leonard on draft day.  The Wizards messed up by taking Vesely and Singleton over him.  I thought Leonard was a big reach at 6.  Couldn't shoot at all coming out of college.  Now he's one of the best 3 and D guys in the league.  But with the ability to finish inside too and he's always been a beast on the glass.  He's the player I thought the Wizards were getting with Chris Singleton.  Only better.

If you redrafted 2011, Leonard would probably go second.  One or two of our posters said we should have gotten him at six and they were right.  Should have picked him at 6 and Kenneth Faried at 18.  Of course that would probably mean they don't get the #3 overall pick the next two years.

• Like 1

Goddamn was I wrong about Kawhi Leonard on draft day.  The Wizards messed up by taking Vesely and Singleton over him.  I thought Leonard was a big reach at 6.  Couldn't shoot at all coming out of college.  Now he's one of the best 3 and D guys in the league.  But with the ability to finish inside too and he's always been a beast on the glass.  He's the player I thought the Wizards were getting with Chris Singleton.  Only better.

If you redrafted 2011, Leonard would probably go second.  One or two of our posters said we should have gotten him at six and they were right.  Should have picked him at 6 and Kenneth Faried at 18.  Of course that would probably mean they don't get the #3 overall pick the next two years.

Kawhi Leonard on the Wizards is Chris Singleton.

Im not saying Singleton is as talented as Kawhi (he not), or has the same drive (he doesnt) but there isnt much structure for a player like Kawhi to improve their game here.

The Spurs organization taught him how to shoot, and that changed everything for him. I do not see anyone in the Wizards organization investing the time to do that with a player. And Kawhi got that hunger to improve as well.

^^^ well the Spurs were all drafted together and built their chemistry, bond and success together before deciding to take less to stay together. They had also won a championship if I'm not mistaken.

People hated the Heat because Lebron couldn't win in Cleveland, Bosh was irrelevant in Toronto and Wade was on a 20 win team, so they are perceived as taking the easy way out by joining forces.

That's the difference with SA.

but hasnt Miami done the same thing the Spurs have done? Building chemistry, creating a bond, sacrificing, and being a success together?

I dont see the issue if Melo wants to come. It wont happen because all of those cats are 30+ and want to get paid on their last contract, but if it happens I have no problems.

Yeah. I was wrong about Leonard as well.

And really wrong about Vesely, who I advocated drafting.

My bad..... :(

I am of the Lebron fans, loved him in Cleveland and love him in Miami. I grew up loving to watch Bird and Magic and absolutely dispised Jordan and always found him to be of such an amazing fortune due to being drafted and supported through his career with not only hall of fame players, but arguably the best coach of all time.

I find Lebron to be an excellent role model (which most of the NBA are seemingly decent guys) that hasn't had the affairs with his wife, drugs, fighting the crowd, gang ties, etc.

BUT.

For whatever reason, I may be of the minority of the crowd that does think good of James as a person/player, that am totally annoyed and discouraged about the news of having "Melo" (even that name irks me) come to Miami. I do not think I will have the same interest in watching James as I always have, and may not at all.

They all be doing what the fans have been screaming for professional athlete to do since the beginning of time.

Take less money for the good of the team and wining.

And I think they will, something just "feels" like it's going to happen. Probably all of them grabbing a 8-10mil a year salary and bringing in a couple other guys. And I don't want to see.

They all be doing what the fans have been screaming for professional athlete to do since the beginning of time.

Take less money for the good of the team and wining.

this is the irony right? lol.

Sports fans are fickle jerks for the most part.

but hasnt Miami done the same thing the Spurs have done? Building chemistry, creating a bond, sacrificing, and being a success together?

I dont see the issue if Melo wants to come. It wont happen because all of those cats are 30+ and want to get paid on their last contract, but if it happens I have no problems.

Wade is the oldest at 32 I believe. James and Anthony are 29 and Bosh is 30. Unless I'm mistaken.

Edited by bobbi3stix

Anthony and Wade are showing their age, but James and Bosh are in their prime IMO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anthony just had a great season, albeit for a bad team. He still very much in his prime.

Wade is the only one that is cooked.

I don't have a problem if all four take less money to play together. I just think it's absolutely ****ing horrible for the integrity of the league if it happens. It's a slap in the face of fans who want a competitive and balanced league.

the NBA has never been a balanced and competitive league. There is no way it can happen in basketball.

My take on Melo to the Heat: Who cares?

At some point, there will be too many chefs in the kitchen there. And, even if the other 3 take less money, the depth on their team is going to take a severe hit with those four on the team. Adding Melo may actually be a bit of a kiss of death.

I'm actually surprised they don't want Kevin Love. Love would give them an interior presence and a guy who doesn't need as many touches as Wade, LeBron and Melo do. *shrug*

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised they don't want Kevin Love. Love would give them an interior presence and a guy who doesn't need as many touches as Wade, LeBron and Melo do. *shrug*

Bosh>Love, imo

And the Heat dont want an interior presence. Bron needs to get to the basket.

Bosh>Love, imo

And the Heat dont want an interior presence. Bron needs to get to the basket.

I totally disagree that Bosh is better than Love. But, to each their own.

And if I'm the Heat, I want an interior presence. Not necessarily for offense, but for defense. Love would be their best rebounder from day 1. And he's athletic enough to clear the lane for LeBron to get inside.

I totally disagree that Bosh is better than Love. But, to each their own.

And if I'm the Heat, I want an interior presence. Not necessarily for offense, but for defense. Love would be their best rebounder from day 1. And he's athletic enough to clear the lane for LeBron to get inside.

Love dont play defense, lol.

It's getting fairly competitive now because of a lot of great young talent. This is the best the NBA has been in years.

the NBA isnt getting competitive. We all want to believe it is, but its not.

the most transcendent and best talent will always win.

Love dont play defense, lol.

the NBA isnt getting competitive. We all want to believe it is, but its not.

the most transcendent and best talent will always win.

No sane person wants to watch the Easter Conference All Star starting line up play 82 games and steam roll an already weak conference more than it already has.

• Like 1

No sane person wants to watch the Easter Conference All Star starting line up play 82 games and steam roll an already weak conference more than it already has.

but yet everyone enjoyed the 1980s NBA? and the first golden period was when the Celtics dominated with Russell and 8 HOFers.

We just want greatness.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Bad for the NBA. I may not even watch the finals if Melo, Lebron, Bosh, and Wade are on one team. If it's not competitive, it's garbage.

It's ridiculous. When a single team could have essentially a starting four that could potentially be a starting four for the United States in the Olympics, things are a bit crazy.

I agree that it'd be horrible for the NBA. From a marketing respect, you have four marketable "franchise" potential players all in one single market. From a league impact factor, this is just going to further fuel the "have's/have nots" and create essentially a few competitive teams and a bunch of feeders as other superstars follow suit (We've already seen that in trying to emulate the "big three" in various places). From a competitive impact, this just further degrades any level of parity that could potentailly happen.

I know this is going to get the "old man" look from some, but I just can't fathom this back in the 80's or 90's. Not guys who are in their prime ages. When you think of the Free Agency "superteams" that occured it was bringing in a guy like tail end of their Careers or with injury concerns.

You look at the Lakers with a 40 year old Malone and 35 year old Payton to pair with Kobe and Shaq.

You look at Houston with a 33 year old Pippen, Barkley (35 by the time Pippen was there), and Drexler (36 by time Pippen was there).

Where as you had Lebron and Bosh coming over to the Heat at 26, and even now if they add Carmelo they're all still be just over 30.  

From a marketing respect, you have four marketable "franchise" potential players all in one single market.

this has been the NBA's history. I dont get why people dont get this.

I know this is going to get the "old man" look from some, but I just can't fathom this back in the 80's or 90's. Not guys who are in their prime ages.

what exactly were the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s?

When you think of the Free Agency "superteams" that occured it was bringing in a guy like tail end of their Careers or with injury concerns.

and they want to get together earlier, in their primes, and when they can actually do something. GOOD!

Mike being a douchebag, yet again

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/2014-nba-finals-kawhi-leonard-stays-quiet-but-his-play-speaks-volumes/2014/06/11/0902efac-f1c2-11e3-914c-1fbd0614e2d4_story.html

Should Leonard be made to talk about his murdered father just because he scored 29 points on the game’s biggest stage?

“It’s been six years,” he told a Los Angeles Times reporter in the media scrum Wednesday, referring to the night his father, Mark Leonard, 43, was gunned down outside of his Compton, Calif., car wash in a still-unsolved homicide. “I’ve dealt with it before. Of him not being at my college or high school games. I don’t think about it really.”

When I asked whether I could speak to a family member about his life a while later, he demurred. “I don’t really want to talk about my father right now. If you talk to anyone, could you not bring it up with them?”

Edited by JoeWolf990

but yet everyone enjoyed the 1980s NBA? and the first golden period was when the Celtics dominated with Russell and 8 HOFers.

We just want greatness.

Sure, if you are a front runner or casual fan you would want to see the All Star team team demolish the entire league all year.

• Like 1