Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

No I've never left a game.  I stay to the very end.

The Heat gave them back to back championships and you bail on your team in the Finals?  Come on.

Im not saying I bail on my team, but I understand why people do.  I mean if your team is down 20 with 2 mins left in the game, no chance of comeback, star players on the bench.  Why in the world would you expect everyone to stay?  Once the ****ing buzzer hits, players run into the locker room.  

Do you really think with their multi-million dollar contracts that they give a rats ass about fans leaving early?  If I was a player and just got my ass whipped, I'd want out of there as fast as possible too, fans leaving early would be the least of my concern.

This Spurs team is brilliant and they have been all season. It would have been closer than this lopsided series, but they definitely would have beaten the Heat last year. The efficiency alone...what team can match that in the NBA right now?

Honestly, only reason they didn't win last year was because Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili were off, either due to injury or just mentally off.  Kawhi was pretty good other than his choke at the FT line and Duncan was better last year than this year, so maybe some of that evens out.  Kawhi was doing so well that there was a gif of Lebron cursing when he saw him checking back into the game that went around (it wasn't actually that, but it looked funny)  But this team was THIS close to winning last year and they weren't even as good as they are now.  For Tim Duncan to be 38 and a post player and running down the court and blocking Bosh taking it to the hole, blocking shots---just incredible.

Lebron fans:

howarddealwithit.gif

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

I honestly can't think of a single player on the Heat I can point to and say, "well he played well."  Ray Allen maybe?  Though he committed some bad fouls.  LeBron played well in the third but that was it.  They certainly need way more from him, especially early in the game.  Wade had a rough game.  Bosh was invisible.  Bird man was frustration fouling left and right.  The rest of the guards were invisible too.

I guess Haslem came in and played well in garbage time.

Kawhi Leonard killed it.  He was an animal.  There wasn't a single guy on Miami that could match his intensity and he ate LeBron's lunch again.  Let's see if he can play with that level of intensity again.

Parker and Ginobs were both good.  Just smooth games full of nice plays.  Duncan was pretty damn good defensively and he and Splitter and Diaw did such a good job passing, it's remarkable.

Diaw was great but started getting so predictable towards the end of the game.  He's got to actually shoot some times.  Miami just hasn't adjusted to him for whatever reason.

And I like Patty Mills.  I've liked him for the past three years, but this year he's really gotten good.  His footspeed and quickness add a nice dimension to the team.  He can't play big minutes but he's such a nice reserve guard.  Has a similar role to JJ Barea on that 2011 Mavs team, except Mills is a true knockdown 3 pt shooter.

Pretty amazing that Bellinelli has gotten so little run.  3 pt shooting champ with an awesome stroke.  And they can't use him!

What's truly remarkable about the Spurs is their culture.  And the evidence is in them having guys like Bellinelli and Bonner just sitting their on the bench, happy with their place on the team.  Those guys are fabulous shooters and good role players who could easily find a place in rotations around the league.  But they don't care about their minutes in San Antonio.  And when the Spurs call their numbers, they are always ready to perform.  There are very few organizations that inspire that kind of faith and willingness to sacrifice in their players.

• Like 1

I stay until the end, unless I'm not driving and have no choice lol.  I dunno, people pay their money on the tickets, if the games done, its done though.  I can see them wanting to get home late at night and beat traffic.  

Not saying they don't have fairweather fans, but considering the fan does not play the sport, not sure how them paying for a ticket, making a decision to leave early because the product on the court wasn't good, makes a fan unsportsmanlike, disgraceful, lacking in dignity or not appreciate their team.

A good sport doesn't quit on their team even when they lose.  They should have packed the house and cheered their team even after a blowout loss.  For all they know, that was their last home game!  Back to back championships should buy that team indefinite goodwill from that fan base.  A single championship is something you still celebrate and appreciate 30+ years later.  And instead the fans dip out on them yet again, as soon as the going gets rough.  Some of them even boo!  Terrible.

Where were the last two years dude? Seriously you look like the biggest hater on earth right now and I hate using that word. The spurs are better, they were last year and this year. Lebron willed them to the championship last year, he isn't doing it so far this year. Sorry he isn't your hero Jordan playing garbage teams in the finals every year with a perfect team around him. Every thing you say is so far off it's ridiculous, stop posting you look dumb.

If Jordan had a perfect team around him he wouldn't have needed to average 30-40+ ppg a night for them to win, just saying.  Or maybe he would've had a real big man like every other dynasty in league history had.  Also, not sure he got a team as unassuming at the 2011 Mavericks.

Oh bull****. I'm sorry man, but bull****. The media kisses his ass endlessly.

Yeah they do.  They are heavily invested in LeBron's superstardom.  And people really really want LeBron to end up in a Jordan-like category of greatness.  It's the same as people wanting another triple crown winner.

Miami got there asses kicked. Both home games. Pretty embarassing. Outside of LeBron, no one showed up to play today, Wade was atrocious, Bosh was to small in the paint. Im surprised Chalmers is still starting for this team. he has been an absolute no show this entire finals.

If Jordan had a perfect team around him he wouldn't have needed to average 30-40+ ppg a night for them to win, just saying.  Or maybe he would've had a real big man like every other dynasty in league history had.  Also, not sure he got a team as unassuming at the 2011 Mavericks.

I know I got my rage-love on tonight but this post from ISH sums it up:

Has any other player in the history of the NBA ever failed the eye-test so spectacularly?

Miami got there asses kicked. Both home games. Pretty embarassing. Outside of LeBron, no one showed up to play today, Wade was atrocious, Bosh was to small in the paint. Im surprised Chalmers is still starting for this team. he has been an absolute no show this entire finals.

LeBron's only problem was he showed up when the Spurs had already made it clear they were taking this game.

Lebron is more like Magic the facilitator than Jordan the scorer. And he is a physical freak.

Leonard has been the best basketball player this series. San Antonio is deep and relentless. Miami looks way overmatched the past 2 games. Who are Spurs FAs this offseason?

Here's what some seem to need to understand: this is Lebron's team. Period. He's THE man, THE star, THE leader. And when they don't show up, who is supposed to get the blame if not him?

I've asked that question a couple of times.  And again, this isn't like looking at someone who goes HAM and comes up short.  Even that loss the Celts had vs the Lakers in 2010 was very respectable.  You can't say KG or Pierce choked (well, Ray Allen was horrid, if I recall shooting-wise and might be the reason they lost) but no one is going to look at you for balling out and coming up short.  I mean, they will because the Kobes, Shaqs, Wades, Jordans etc won titles.

When I mentioned the Lebron mentality earlier, it was no joke.  Consider his decision (from a sporting perspective, not as just a dude joining a team, I get that part of it) and even his favorite teams and then consider a number of his performances.  This guy is a frontrunner.  When things got too tough in Cleveland he checked out in the middle of a series. He left to find an easier road and this wasn't even like the Sixers trading Barkley or Garnett going to Boston.  I think I would have overlooked that except for the Bosh signing or "it's gon' be easy...5, 6, 7, 8."  He is, ultimately someone who thought by going the easier road he'd win a title.  When the going got a little tough vs. the Mavs (hardly an all-time great team, though with some very interesting pieces) he folded his tent and checked out.  Was he jealous of Wade's performance? Maybe he's just not good enough without the ball? It certainly seems that way when you look at how they play now vs. how they did at that time.  

Lebron wants the adulation and the love (he so desperately wants to be loved) but he's just not as willing to work and be tenacious, or to the extent he is, I think he is more easily satisfied (I don't mean content, but that notion that you are NOT going to go above and beyond YET again the same way) with what he has now achieved, which is still pretty impressive.  Some people aren't built a certain way but more importantly, I'm not entirely sure his gifts haven't been overrated, or at least some of them in relation to how important other aspects of the game are, or how his ball dominance can end up hurting a team as much as helping it (Almost all the greats I've watched, not including big men, were present on the court and passed that eye test even when they didn't have the ball in their hands.)

Difference this year for Heat is Chalmers, Mike Miller, and Battier. They all contributed a lot more last year... who is supposed to replace Miller's role?

This is still a team sport.

... watch out for that frontrunning Kevin Love this offseason.

LeBron's only problem was he showed up when the Spurs had already made it clear they were taking this game.

So you suggest he should have just sat on the bench the rest of the game because it was over? Had he not had that huge third quarter, he would have received the same type of criticism.

I know he's gonna catch flack from the same people that have been giving him flack all season, so im not surprised people are still blaming him. Ignore the fact that Wade and Bosh combined went 8/24 for 22 points and 6 rebounds. LeBron had 28 and 8 alone. But next someone will say all his points were in garbage time or something along those lines lol

Game 3 was on LeBron. Other than that he has been nothing short of great the rest of the series.

Regardless, heat were lucky to pull out 1 game this series. It should have been a sweep.

On a side note, the Spurs have their next superstar once the big 3 are retired. Kawhi is a freaking beast.

So you suggest he should have just sat on the bench the rest of the game because it was over? Had he not had that huge third quarter, he would have received the same type of criticism.

What does this even mean?  The point is he was not aggressive enough until the Spurs had run the Heat out of the building.  He had 9 points in the first half. 

Also, I am not blaming him, in fact if you go back, I defended LeBron in this thread after the game stating specifically that this was about what San Antonio was doing, not Miami.  San Antonio is slicing Miami's defense.  Also, no surprise San Antonio looks better conditioned since they had real competition to play against out west while Miami got a cakewalk in the eastern conference.

It's one team clearly being better than the other.

Here's what some seem to need to understand: this is Lebron's team. Period. He's THE man, THE star, THE leader. And when they don't show up, who is supposed to get the blame if not him?

Thats absolutely right. But that logic doesnt apply to anyone else in the league. Only for LeBron. For everybody else, they blame other factors.

It's one team clearly being better than the other.

Exactly.

Thats absolutely right. But that logic doesnt apply to anyone else in the league. Only for LeBron. For everybody else, they blame other factors.

That comes with the territory when talking about the best in the game, and wanting to be the best to ever play.

That comes with the territory when talking about the best in the game, and wanting to be the best to ever play.

I agree but dont you think Kevin Durant wants to be the best to ever play? Kobe? CP3? 

Spurs just seem to want it more. There offense is ridiculous. Every play has atleast 6 or 7 passes. No one cares who gets the shot as long as its a good shot, and 95% its a good shot. Ive never seen so many wide open 3s before, especially in the finals.

I agree but dont you think Kevin Durant wants to be the best to ever play? Kobe? CP3? 

Spurs just seem to want it more. There offense is ridiculous. Every play has atleast 6 or 7 passes. No one cares who gets the shot as long as its a good shot, and 95% its a good shot. Ive never seen so many wide open 3s before, especially in the finals.

Kobe is sitting at home.  It's LeBron's turn to face criticism in a sense.  CP3 isn't good enough to waste time typing about him being the best anything. 

Edited by Sticksboi05

Ouch.  Back from 2004 onwards, I was a huge Wade and Lebron fan.  Saw this gif elsewhere and it gave me a twinge of sadness.  Wade turned into a huge flopper (though still second to Lebron in terms of purely making up contact) and kind of a dick on the court but maybe it's over.  I still think if he could get with a team that kept his minutes down he can still play great in spurts.

4.gif

Wade was a hell of a player and in terms of that slashing, athletic, quick first step, clutchness, and leaping ability, as well as tenacity, I thought he was the closest player to Jordan for several years, in terms of style and the "impression" he left, although Kobe was often very similar, of course.

I would be very interested to see the trio split up and see what the games of Bosh and Wade look like.

• Like 1