Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

taKe TH3 STand anD speak thA trUuth

Lets remember what the brave truth teller had to say about China.

“When you think about communities across the world, a lot of people would stand for world peace,” Irving said. “Government gets involved, it impacts different communities in different ways. And the reality is as individuals it’s our job to stand up for what we believe in. Now, I understand Hong Kong and China are dealing with their issues, respectively. But there’s enough oppression and stuff going on in America for me not to be involved in the community issues here as well.

“That’s one of those four pillars that goes in terms of the black community, colored people here in America. We’re fighting for everyday freedoms. So when I think about Hong Kong and China, the people are in an uproar, and for us as Americans to comment on it, African Americans or American Indians to comment on that, you’re connected nonetheless, especially when it impacts freedoms or world peace. So for me as an individual, I stand up for those four pillars, and when they’re being conflicted, I can understand why protestors come to the games.”

This bizarre inability to clearly say anything at all, has to be on purpose right?  He’s trolling us.  Has to be.

Then again, if he always talks like that it could explain why he isn’t the most popular guy in any locker room.  Imagine someone trying to tell him that he needs to pass the ball and getting some BS about four pillars and truth telling as a response.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Kevin Love just sitting in the corner of the locker room trying not to make eye contact with anyone 

I wonder if he regrets going to Cleveland.  He got a ring, which is great, but his brand was destroyed almost entirely.  When he was with the wolves he was on commercials for major brands and constantly talked up in the highlights.  He was an nba star.  As the cavs third banana he was the constant disappointment and people started to think of him as a fraud of sorts.  Not a real star.  Now, despite his contract, he’s as anonymous nationally as many role players.  

im not sure being seen as a role player on a championship team is worth having your entire career sort of tarnished as a result, and I feel thats what happened to him.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I wonder if he regrets going to Cleveland.  He got a ring, which is great, but his brand was destroyed almost entirely.  When he was with the wolves he was on commercials for major brands and constantly talked up in the highlights.  He was an nba star.  As the cavs third banana he was the constant disappointment and people started to think of him as a fraud of sorts.  Not a real star.  Now, despite his contract, he’s as anonymous nationally as many role players.  

im not sure being seen as a role player on a championship team is worth having your entire career sort of tarnished as a result, and I feel thats what happened to him.  

Yeah, that and he’s always hurt and sucks LOL

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Was he really on commercials and major brands? I can't remember seeing Love on TV much. Lets be real, he went from Minnesota to Cleveland, that's basically a lateral move. Its not like he left LA or NY. And he still made a ton of money AND won a championship, and is part of the team that broke the curse of Cleveland sports, and for that he'll ALWAYS be a hero. I don't think he regrets anything. Cleveland was stupid to not trade him after Lebron left again.

8 hours ago, Destino said:

That's a question for guys that never won a championship, but are so popular you'd almost think they did, like Barkley.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Luka almost had another 40 point triple double. 

he's the early favorite for MVP. Doncic almost makes me forget that they also have Kristaps on the team too

my other guy Trae dropped 49.  so much talent out there right now, damn good time to be a fan.

Edited by StillUnknown

25 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I’m not a big fan of the total lack of defense that’s played in the NBA these days. Teams seem to routinely score over 130. Teams getting to 150+ now is crazy.

I'm convinced its only a matter of time until a team scores 200+ points in a regular-season game.  And I've already accepted that whatever debate that happens will lose to what makes the most amount of money no matter how anyone feels about it.  It'll be "what the hell?" vs "get used to it", and I'm going to lose because of stupid **** like fantasy basketball.

Edited by Renegade7

20 hours ago, Hersh said:

I’m not a big fan of the total lack of defense that’s played in the NBA these days. Teams seem to routinely score over 130. Teams getting to 150+ now is crazy.

Can’t really defend the three point shot anymore and they’re calling too much contact initiated by the offensive player on drives too.  The rules have gone too far in favor of the offense and everyone’s learned to take advantage of them.  

Just watch what passes for defense on step back threes.  It’s basically a half hearted hand up.  They can’t even get a decent contested shot anymore.  Try anything more aggressive and it risks contact with the follow through or the extended leg.  If they jump or step toward the shooter, they get called for not letting the shooter land (even when the shooter jumps forward).

On the bright side, unless you’re a rockets fan, they tend to call less of this garbage in the playoffs.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Destino said:

Can’t really defend the three point shot anymore and they’re calling too much contact initiated by the offensive player on drives too.  The rules have gone too far in favor of the offense and everyone’s learned to take advantage of them.  

Just watch what passes for defense on step back threes.  It’s basically a half hearted hand up.  They can’t even get a decent contested shot anymore.  Try anything more aggressive and it risks contact with the follow through or the extended leg.  If they jump or step toward the shooter, they get called for not letting the shooter land (even when the shooter jumps forward).

On the bright side, unless you’re a rockets fan, they tend to call less of this garbage in the playoffs.

They just need to get back to calling the dribble not on top of the ball a double dribble.  If they did that, Luka double dribbles 3 times in the above clip and on the shot Lebron can contest much more quickly because as soon as the hand goes under the ball, he knows it isn't a dribble like the ones Luka was doing for the between the legs.

You'll be able to contest better without endangering players.  They frequently also allow the offensive player to take an extra step on the 3, which obviously makes it harder to contest the shot.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1