Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

40 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Seen an article that said they are trying to teach him walk & run differently

Not ideal

Didn’t they do this with Beal?  i remember that he used to run like he was carrying a serving tray and trying not to drop anything.  His legs would go but his upper body remained straight, swaying slightly back to keep it stable as momentum took him forward.  It was weird and made his first step glacially slow.  Worse than that, he’d routinely end up injured with something call a “stress reaction” (not sure if I’m remembering that right).  After the last one they changed the way he ran.  The awkwardness was gone, his first step was beating defenders, and suddenly he wasn’t missing huge chunks of every season to injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He has a stance and sprint like an athletic fatboy.  Noticed that last year. 

I just don't see a positive outcome here

he didn't so much walk as he did rock, kinda like a penguin. and i dont mean that in the pejorative sense, but my brain is blanking on how else to describe it

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

Didn’t they do this with Beal?  i remember that he used to run like he was carrying a serving tray and trying not to drop anything.  His legs would go but his upper body remained straight, swaying slightly back to keep it stable as momentum took him forward.  It was weird and made his first step glacially slow.  Worse than that, he’d routinely end up injured with something call a “stress reaction” (not sure if I’m remembering that right).  After the last one they changed the way he ran.  The awkwardness was gone, his first step was beating defenders, and suddenly he wasn’t missing huge chunks of every season to injury.

I honestly cannot remember, but I hope you are correct, for Zion & the league.

Too bad the Lakers are getting the tail end of Lebron's career. Probably should win a title this year, but with his mileage, and his peculiar, newfound anti-load management stance (something that constantly put him at odds with Heat brass, and is one of the main reasons why he left), not sure how all this is gonna play out come May.

That needs to be the WCF though. Don't think it will.

33 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I honestly cannot remember, but I hope you are correct, for Zion & the league.

I hope it works out, but I’m afraid his issue is really with physics.  Mass and acceleration.  Have you ever seen a bear run (and I do mean, run) up a tree like gravity is trifle for lesser creatures?  Watching Zion charge around on a basketball court reminds me of that.  That much mass should not be able to do that.  

As Benning once pointed out though (and you’ve echoed), Zion does walk like a penguin, which is really weird, so maybe there is a correctable “kinetic chain” issue at the heart of his injury concerns.  I don’t even know what a kinetic chain is.

12 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I've said this about Zion from the beginning. 

A man that size cannot simply make those sudden cuts like he is a 6'0" 185 lb point guard.  It was obvious when he ripped through his shoe at Duke that if he didn't drop weight and tweak his play style he was going to continue to get hurt, etc.

• Like 1