Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Celtics look loose and cohesive.  They play great defense and they have enough variety in offense to play a few different styles.  Transition game looks good.  They're better with Walker instead of Irving and the platoon of players they're using to make up for losing Horford is playing well.  Wanamaker was a nice find too.  Smart seems far happier and more comfortable in a leadership role without Irving there.

Tatum and Brown are still young, but they might be experienced enough to hold up for a deep run.  You worry about the forward depth without Hayward, but Brown's ability to soak up minutes there is a boon.  Can't have any more injuries at forward though.  I liked Romeo Langford  but having to play him would be a blow.  They also give up a lot of size in the front court, but it hasn't stopped them from playing very good defense.

I think they have a real chance of winning the East in this opened up season.

Frightening looking freak injury to Kemba Walker.  They are saying it might just be a concussion though and not a neck injury.  The way that he lay on the court and how they carted him off looked very bad.  But apparently just hit the top of his head real hard.

They've built up enough of a cushion in their record to weather his injury if he's only out for a week or two, but if the concussion keeps him out a long time they're going to struggle to create any half court offense probably.  I like Carsen Edwards but he's not Kemba.

In a 48-hour span, The Nuggets beat the 10-3 Rockets on Wednesday and then the 10-2 Celtics last night.  Jokic with another triple-double last night.  Nuggets are red hot and looks like they'll be a top 4 seed again this season.   

I feel like the young pups are battle-tested now after back to back playoff seasons and are ready for that late spring wreck this year.  Still breaks my heart that the Nuggets were a blown 4th quarter, Game 7 lead from making the WCF last season.  Michael Porter Jr is coming along, too.  Slowly, but he's playing and looks healthy so that's very encouraging.  

Nuggs future looks very bright and their championship window is going to be open for the next 2-3 years.  :headbang:

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

My upcoming New Years resolution is t I'l no longer give In to the sensitivities of Lakers fans. Yall gonna have to pay me to give yall some attention.

I prefer cashapp 👍

Sometime around April, when the Royal Groin has given way and AD is looking at real estate in Broward County, I’m gonna put you on the payroll.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

My upcoming New Years resolution is t I'l no longer give In to the sensitivities of Lakers fans. Yall gonna have to pay me to give yall some attention.

I prefer cashapp 👍

Given the reason that you're "not paying attention" is the Lakers success, isn't that a waste of a resolution?

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sometime around April, when the Royal Groin has given way and AD is looking at real estate in Broward County, I’m gonna put you on the payroll.

I thought by now we would have found out that AD is a poor man's Rashard Lewis and not one of the best players in the league. We can definitely reschedule to April though. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Given the reason that you're "not paying attention" is the Lakers success, isn't that a waste of a resolution?

Nah, the fact that "Not talking about" apparently equals "Not paying attention" only strengthens my resolve as to why this is of the utmost priority.

You have to help me help you...

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, the fact that "Not talking about" apparently equals "Not paying attention" only strengthens my resolve as to why this is of the utmost priority.

You have to help me help you...

I'm too busy enjoying the view from the bridge to worry about what's hiding under it

• Like 1

Just now, -JB- said:

Y’all see Levine hit that 3 to win it vs Orlando?  They were down 8 with 45 seconds left and down 5 with like 15 left.  He dropped 49 and stole the W.

that shot was like a heat check to win the damn game

he hit 13 of them in the game. that basket had to be the size of an ocean to him tonight

• Like 1