Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cue LKB coming in here tomorrow and pretending like he expected this all along and that you guys are all idiots and that he's never a prisoner of the moment like you peons and nevermind that he never actually makes predictions.

Predicting LKB acting like a know-it-all?  What are you gonna predict next, the sun rising? :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AJ* said:

If the Warriors win tomorrow night that's probably the last game I watch this year. Another Cleveland/GSW Finals is just stale and the Warriors will win in 5-6 games. Houston without CP3 could be interesting. 

Agreed, I'll consider it if Houston does pull it off and CP3 missed multiple games in the finals.  I'm not holding myself to watching game 7 if it gets out of hand.  This is a setup for a whole lotta "I told you so", I'll have nothing good to add when it comes to that point.

I'm disgusted that the last three teams are 1) the best player and a bunch of hand puppets, 2) a team that lives and dies by ISO threes, and 3) a team with so much talent they don't have to give a **** and are still a dynasty.  It's a big reason I wanted Boston in there at least, they belong in what I thought the conversation for a championship team should look like, not this crap.

As expected, LeBron is a master of the game. Granted, the Celtics win easily if either one of Hayward or Irving play but they fell apart in the big game.

Kyrie would've helped the most because he's been there before. The rest of them have not.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cue LKB coming in here tomorrow and pretending like he expected this all along and that you guys are all idiots and that he's never a prisoner of the moment like you peons and nevermind that he never actually makes predictions.

Hasn't he been saying that the NBA has a way of making the predictable result exciting or something like that?  Lebron vs the Warriors in the finals after seven game series that looked like they'd go the other way seems to fit that description.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

The NBA is predictable.  It does a good job selling the farce that it's actually competitive, but it isn't.

You're not always right, but I need to listen to you more.  Hope is a hard thing to kill, but the very concept is a reminder you might be wrong.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The NBA is predictable.  It does a good job selling the farce that it's actually competitive, but it isn't.

Not really. It's the one league where all the fans are okay with having 4 relevant teams every year. Thank God we aren't that way with the NFL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I see now everybody is acting like they all just knew Cleveland was going to the finals despite their 4 seed, historically bad defense, how bad they looked for large massive portions of the playoffs and missing their second best player in game 7 on the road 

ok

hyperbole much?

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

When the Warriors play the Cavs again you will all watch it and you know it. 

To me that's like saying if there's another Star Wars film you'll all go see it. Well, I passed on seeing Solo this weekend because it just looks bland. Right now a Warriors/Cavs Finals sounds just about as appealing as Solo lol. I'll have no problem skipping that series and catching up on some of my shows I've been neglecting. 

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Not really. It's the one league where all the fans are okay with having 4 relevant teams every year. Thank God we aren't that way with the NFL.

They sold their soul for ratings. The NFL didn't have to. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I see now everybody is acting like they all just knew Cleveland was going to the finals despite their 4 seed, historically bad defense, how bad they looked for large massive portions of the playoffs and missing their second best player in game 7 on the road 

ok

When Lebron is facing veteran juggernauts like Oladipo, Derozan and Ho-Ford are you really shocked they're back in the Finals? Let's be real lol. When Boston lost Game 6 I knew they were dead in Game 7. They're just too young to handle that kind of game and when you have the veteran leadership of Horford who's been Lebron's doormat the last 3 years (now 4 lol) are you really going to bet on his team? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

ok

I did.  Perhaps I'm not as crazy and agenda-driven as you all think.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Watching arguably the player ever go against one of the greatest teams ever assembled 

greatness all over to behold and appreciate 

He did that last year and almost got swept, WITH Kyrie.

Image result for is that your final answer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Hasn't he been saying that the NBA has a way of making the predictable result exciting or something like that?  Lebron vs the Warriors in the finals after seven game series that looked like they'd go the other way seems to fit that description.

LKB talks out of both sides of his mouth.  He'll pretend to be objective but he's a closet Boston and Houston Stan and he was crowing about them particularly hard this year.  He's as big a prisoner of the moment as anyone and he was pulling for Boston to win because he wants me to be wrong about the predictability and lack of competitiveness of the NBA.