Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Give the NBA credit for identifying the key rivalries and story lines in the league and showcasing them yesterday.  That was fun.

1 - Embiid vs Porzingis is (hopefully) going to be great.  A nascent rivalry is being formed between two marquee franchises and if it pans out, I think it's going to be great for the NBA.

2 - Wizards vs Celtics isn't as fun as it was last year post Celtics-makeover.  But it's still fun and the potential of a true Kyrie Irving vs John Wall rivalry means it could get really good.

3 - Cleveland vs Golden State is, at this point, a historic rivalry that will become an essential part of NBA lore

4 - Rockets vs Thunder is brilliant.  At least on paper.  Some good recent history there.  Starry rosters and interesting personalities.  But some pretty bad basketball to actually watch.

5 - And Lakers vs Wolves can be the West's version of Philly vs New York, although the Lakers are going to need to get significantly better to carry their weight in that match up.  They're probably like two years away from being consistently competitive unless they get Paul George.

Kind of amazing how irrelevant the Spurs still are to the best story lines of the league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Refs got the no-call on the Durant block in the final 30 seconds of the game right.  Van Gundy is a shrill, unlistenable crybaby.

What?  He clearly fouled Lebron twice on that drive.  I don't particularly care because I don't think the Cavs would have won even with that call but the foul was blatantly obvious. 

18 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Chuck talking about the two piece he gave Shaq :rofl89:

I don't think Shaq could fight. As big and powerful as he was, he didn't have to know how to, honestly. It's always the skinny, short, short/stocky dudes that would intrigue me. Heart matters a ton, plus, dunno what it is, but you just don't **** with country ass dudes. Add to it that despite being a pudgy short dude (early on at least), Chuck was an athletic marvel, and it doesn't surprise me that he tossed cats through windows and ****.

Its predatory evolution.

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Give the NBA credit for identifying the key rivalries and story lines in the league and showcasing them yesterday.  That was fun.

1 - Embiid vs Porzingis is (hopefully) going to be great.  A nascent rivalry is being formed between two marquee franchises and if it pans out, I think it's going to be great for the NBA.

2 - Wizards vs Celtics isn't as fun as it was last year post Celtics-makeover.  But it's still fun and the potential of a true Kyrie Irving vs John Wall rivalry means it could get really good.

3 - Cleveland vs Golden State is, at this point, a historic rivalry that will become an essential part of NBA lore

4 - Rockets vs Thunder is brilliant.  At least on paper.  Some good recent history there.  Starry rosters and interesting personalities.  But some pretty bad basketball to actually watch.

5 - And Lakers vs Wolves can be the West's version of Philly vs New York, although the Lakers are going to need to get significantly better to carry their weight in that match up.  They're probably like two years away from being consistently competitive unless they get Paul George.

Kind of amazing how irrelevant the Spurs still are to the best story lines of the league.

I think Spurs-Rockets is more of a rivalry than Thunder-Rockets.

The Lakers suck and shouldn't be on national TV but I mean of course they're the Lakers. TWolves should have been paired against another young up and coming team like the Bucks or Blazers.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

What?  He clearly fouled Lebron twice on that drive.  I don't particularly care because I don't think the Cavs would have won even with that call but the foul was blatantly obvious. 

You mean the play where Durant got all ball and Van Gundy's dumbass spent the entire time whining about how officials can't review foul calls?  I watched the replay about 20 times and you can't actually tell if Durant hit LeBron's shoulder.  But you can tell that he got the ball and that it went out of bounds off LeBron's fingers.  And please, if they had called Durant for a reach at the beginning of the drive that would have been absolutely pathetic ticky tack nonsense.  Especially since LeBron shouldered Durant with his off arm.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You mean the play where Durant got all ball and Van Gundy's dumbass spent the entire time whining about how officials can't review foul calls?  I watched the replay about 20 times and you can't actually tell if Durant hit LeBron's shoulder.  But you can tell that he got the ball and that it went out of bounds off LeBron's fingers.  And please, if they had called Durant for a reach at the beginning of the drive that would have been absolutely pathetic ticky tack nonsense.  Especially since LeBron shouldered Durant with his off arm.

NBA Admits Kevin Durant Fouled LeBron James Three Times In Final Two Minutes

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Good for you that you can post a link.

giphy.gif

He gets all ball before he makes contact with LeBron's shoulder.  Clean block.  Ticky tack reach.  The reason people think this was some egregious no call is because Van Gundy's vagina spent 5 minutes of air time whining about it and Mark Jackson is a moron who just agrees with him whenever he gets like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't think Shaq could fight. As big and powerful as he was, he didn't have to know how to, honestly. It's always the skinny, short, short/stocky dudes that would intrigue me. Heart matters a ton, plus, dunno what it is, but you just don't **** with country ass dudes. Add to it that despite being a pudgy short dude (early on at least), Chuck was an athletic marvel, and it doesn't surprise me that he tossed cats through windows and ****.

Its predatory evolution.

I don’t think either of them know how to fight. I would take Shaq on sheer size and athleticism. 

I feel most people don’t know how to fight and with 6 months of training you could beat the majority of the populations ass. 

The drive before that was a more obvious foul, KD basically grabbed Lebron’s dick. 

Also, I don’t think he got ball because the ball was out on the Cavs. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don’t think either of them know how to fight. I would take Shaq on sheer size and athleticism. 

I feel most people don’t know how to fight and with 6 months of training you could beat the majority of the populations ass. 

I agree (with everything but Chuck v Shaq). But im just talking about average joe fighting. If Shaq grabbed Barkley it would probably be over. But I would bet Chuck gets em with a 3 pc and some dirty rice before that could happen

12 hours ago, Destino said:

The body contact alone on that play gets whistled often Steve.  Are you really choosing this hill to die on? 

LOL.  No it doesn't.  It didn't alter LeBron's trajectory and it was after Durant made contact with the ball.

LeBron drove the hoop in the final 30 seconds of a tight game and put up a weak ass change shot lay up that had zero chance because he was trying to draw the foul and Durant got the ball clean.  The refs were absolutely right not to call that.  LeBron should have taken that ball strong and not hoped the officials would bail him out of a crap shot attempt.  The reason everyone thinks this was this egregious no-call is because LeBron is the league's hero right now and Durant is the villain and Van Gundy is a whinging vagina who complained about it being a foul throughout the review.

14 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

This is the reason I hate fighting. I know where it could go with my training... I try to walk away. 

Steve, only reason he hit the ball is because it bounced off of his arm. It was a foul. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That was epic

had no idea that you can’t goaltend on an inbound 

Same here.  Most of the inbound passes for an alley oop we see are passes from behind the goal to a player cutting toward the basket.  Excellent job by the head coach knowing the rules and creating that play.  

I always enjoy the conversations that revolve around 7'2 300 pound human beings not being very tough.

I don't think Shaq is an MMA fighter. But I do know that if he had connected on that punch he threw at Brad Miller back in the day, he probably would have done some time for manslaughter. That is legitimately the scariest moment in sports that never gets discussed.