Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Kobe is not even as good as Drexler

Sadly he had to play during the good MJ era.

Drexler played 2 less seasons than Kobe did and the only thing Kobe has on him is points. Drexler still has more rebounds than Kobe, more assists than Kobe more blocks than Kobe more steals than Kobe. Drexler has 9000 less points than Kobe but Kobe has taken about 9000 (7000 more 2s and 2000 more 3s) more shots than Drexler did. Drexler has a better FG%. Kobe has 150 more games played than Drex and still tails him in all other categories but points.

Kobe is a top 10 player of all time and is also top 5 at his position but we live in a world where advertising rules all. When you get athletes posted everywhere on tv and magazines and social media everyone thinks that player was the best because well they saw that player on tv more than the other.

My personal opinion is that the only player better than Drexler was MJ and Drexler is the clear cut 2nd best G of all time. I also think that he is a top 5 player of all time. He was just shadowed by MJ and he never really had any legit help till he was with the Rockets.

Edited by Mocountyskins

I of agree with GAC and Steve that LeBron has come closer to Jordan than Kobe.

Still, anyone that says Dirk is greater all time than Kobe has been eating paint chips.

Considering what Kobe had to work with and what Dirk had to work with, it could be debatable.

With that being said, when you compare the two, I'm taking Kobe because he can defend where as Dirk really can't too well.

A breakdown of some useful advanced statistics...

So why exactly is Kobe even in Jordan's league, clearly the best player of his generation or without question better than Tim Duncan, exactly? 

And as I have said since 2008, anyone who takes him on your team over LeBron is certifiably insane.  And I don't like LeBron.

Yeah, this post pretty much certified that Duncan is the best player since Jordan. Those advance stats sure can shut an argument down sometimes. lol

Nets look like they're trying to swap Thornton for Jarrett Jack since they don't think Shaun Will re-sign. Looks like Cavs are going all in for a '15 FA. In the meantime Thornton throwing up bricks should help solidify another lottery pick.

Just gonna keep doing what I can to talk about 2014-2015.

Dwight Howard

I'm not sure if he's over rated as much as poorly rated.  People look at him expecting an offensive dominance that he's never had, which over rates him.  When he fails to meet those expectations people gloss right over his terrific defense and rebounding, his overall impact on the game, and pretend like he's horrible and in doing so badly under rate him.  He's not a BAD offensive player, he's never averaged less than 15ppg on less than .500fg%.  He's just not cut out to be a teams primary scoring option.  

I think that if you replaced Bosh or Wade with Howard the Miami Heat would be a force of nature.  

True, Harden's D alone severely drops his value

His post season play is a problem as well.  He hasn't managed to break .400 fg% in two trips to the playoffs with Houston where he's he teams primary option.  

Edited by Destino

I mean I could possibly see AI but dude took a team to the finals by himself. That has to count for something.

Until he recently got the post game working, I would have said Blake in a heart beat

Blake did more than improve his post game. His ball handling improved so that he doesn't need to get the ball in the deep post to be effective. He can dribble his way into the post now. He also has the beginnings of a decent mid range shot which if he can improve, he inches closer to combination of skills that create a dominant post player. Other than skills he's managed to become absurdly strong, which separates him from most other good PFs currently.

Still whines too much and, of course, is still one if the NBAs most ridiculous floppers.

• Like 1

Anybody who says AI is overrated is full of it. The team he took to the Finals isn't even a playoff team without him. NBA MVP, 2 time NBA All Star Game MVP, perennial all-star, future hall of famer, recently got his number retired. Yeah, he's overrated.

Edited by DM72

Blake did more than improve his post game. His ball handling improved so that he doesn't need to get the ball in the deep post to be effective. He can dribble his way into the post now. He also has the beginnings of a decent mid range shot which if he can improve, he inches closer to combination of skills that create a dominant post player. Other than skills he's managed to become absurdly strong, which separates him from most other good PFs currently.

Still whines too much and, of course, is still one if the NBAs most ridiculous floppers.

So eloquently put.

So much knowledge in this thread as always.

A lot of ex NBA players will say Clyde Drexler.

Me, I think Reggie Miller.

Good choice....

I think the legend of Reggie gets him more brownie points than he really deserves. 

If you guys had to create a big three for the next 4 seasons, which three would you choose? Which three stars (without choosing three guys that play the same position) would be the absolute worst.

I'd go with Lebron, KD, and Howard as the best combination. Best player, best scorer, and best defender. There would be no need to call plays for Howard. He'd get 15-25 on easy baskets simply by being on the court with Lebron and KD who command defenders simply by taking a dribble.

The worst? This is harder because any team with three stars shouldn't ever be bad. Kyrie, Harden, and Love. Lots of shooting, very little defense and leadership.