Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

11 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

How do you feel about those Damian Lillard rumors to the heat. 

I think it fits perfectly to be honest. 

Rumors of the Pelicans wanting Scoot could get Portland someone like Zion depending on what the Hornets do at 2. Those the rumors. 

11 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

How do you feel about those Damian Lillard rumors to the heat. 

I think it fits perfectly to be honest. 

Would be amazing honestly.  But I don't have my hopes up too much. Sounds like he would have to force it to happen and I'm not sold that he will as of now.  

Hope they have some plan b's and c's cooking to freshen up the squad for next year.  Do not want to run it back. 

On 6/18/2023 at 7:16 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Suns have 3 pretty damn good scoring options. 

If the suns can find three bench players that can give them anything, nothing special just like 15-20 points combined, in the post season they’re a very tough team to beat.  They should probably get rid of Ayton and add some vets that can deliver.  There’s only one ball and he was already complaining he didn’t see the ball enough when CP3 was the third option. Beal is going to share less that Chris Paul.  

Why would the pelicans care? If she drops a video that isn’t their problem. Zion hasn’t done anything in 4 years for the pelicans, but take their money. Their front office is probably laughing their asses off over this.

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Why would the pelicans care? If she drops a video that isn’t their problem. Zion hasn’t done anything in 4 years for the pelicans, but take their money. Their front office is probably laughing their asses off over this.

Because he loses his trade value. 

22 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Terrible trade for dubs. CP3 old as ****.

they really couldn’t get anything better for Poole. 

Same point I made in the Wizards thread.  The new CBA makes it very hard to have a big 3 on big deals.  Poole seems pretty clearly at best the 3rd best of a big 3.  Having a 3rd guy on such a big contract is going to be restrictive.

The value for these sort of guys is going to be down.  There is going to be space for a big 2, and those guys are still going to get paid.  But if you are the slot below that, you're value is going to be depressed.  And if you have that sort of player on a big contract, then what you can get for them in a trade is going to be lower.

Edited by PeterMP

26 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Terrible trade for dubs. CP3 old as ****.

they really couldn’t get anything better for Poole. 

I suspect what had to go with JP to get anything better was a lot more too. Right now GS giving up a 2027 2nd and 2030 protected 1st to get someone to take on JPs contract seems doable. 

I also think CP will be more of what the Dubs need right now than what JP provides.  

Edit..JP has 135 mil guaranteed for the next 4 years. CP only has 15 mil of his 30 mil contract guaranteed (fully guarenteeds next week sometime I think). They basically traded 4 years of JP contract for 1 year of CP contract. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Paul also has a $30 million expiring contract, compared with the four years and $140 million left on the extension Poole signed before the start of last season, removing a significant chunk of money from Golden State's future books as the Warriors navigate the harsher penalties on big-spending teams imposed by the league's new collective bargaining agreement.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37899665/sources-wizards-send-chris-paul-warriors-jordan-poole

Had a feeling the new CBA was bad for the players. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

It’s a lose lose trade. I’m glad the warriors got rid of Pooles contract and aren’t burden with it for the future but CP3 isn’t going to help the Warriors win another title. He can’t stay healthy

I believe they going to resign Draymond. Don’t think they have any more flexibility to sign a player this year. Next year maybe but then Steph will be another year older.