Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Come on now. 

1. Jordan got so many more FTs than Lebron that he averaged 8.2 FTs per game compared to Lebrons lowly 8.0. 

2. An old Jazz team? Do you realize the age of the players on the Bulls at that time? How many "young" teams win championship? Does this mean I should downgrade this Lakers championship cause they beat teams that were young and hadn't really accomplished anything before? Did a single starter playing against the Lakers actually have a championship ring? 

3. You guys give Lebron the benefit of the doubt in every way because it's the here and now and you've created this argument in your mind to downgrade Jordan. I'm not even a Jordan guy but your criticism of him is ridiculous. 

😘 

I'm a Jordan guy and agree that LeBron is insufferable, I even said in this very thread a part of me was sad the Lakers didn't keep going with their young players, but the level of national petulance coupled with the fact that I've been a Lakers fan since I used to get up with my dad at 4am on the other side of the Atlantic to watch them play the Bulls in the 91 finals actually makes this sweeter. The only thing that could compare to this is if Dak Prescott wins a superbowl with WFT and I live Dallas. 

Edited by Berggy9598

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

If ownership and the league were losing money as a result it would have been stamped out years ago. Who do you think is sitting up in those owners boxes Forrest Gump? Do you think the players decided on their own this is how we operate from here on out and the owners said well golly gee if that's what ya'll want we'll step aside and let you do it? No, this is a joint effort and the league is absolutely fine with it as long as the system makes money. The most polarizing franchise led by the most most polarizing superstar of all time won a title, and people are butt hurt. 

You think this is the first time people have complained about Lebron whining on the court? This goes back over a decade. 

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I'm a Jordan guy and agree that LeBron is insufferable, but the level of national petulance coupled with the fact that I've been a Lakers fan since I used to get up with my dad at 4am on the other side of the Atlantic to watch them play the Bulls in the 91 finals is so much fun. The only thing that could compare to this is if Dak Prescott wins a superbowl with WFT and I live Dallas. 

I am giving Lebron full credit for his rings. I think there have been superteams forever and he's one of the all-time greats. And he whines and it's so annoying. 

I don’t care about Lebron complaining.  That’s just part of who he is.  What annoys me with the Lakers is that they complain as a team.  When ****ing to refs becomes part of the game plan, you deserve every bit of **** the fans give you.  

• Like 1

The argument is about why the league is losing viewers, and why Lebron lacks the same “respect” of other GOATS. 

1. We know the league owners could care less that players collude. Its always been this way because It’s a league share business, and loser owners like Ted Leonsis can make money regardless. But the super team aspect, accepted/encouraged flopping, lack of rivalries, and “softness” of the players has taken a toll on the interest of the fans. Sure it is better to watch elite players on the same teams play against each other, but that + flopping is exactly why the EPL hasn’t and will never take off in the US. 

2. Lebron doesnt get the respect of the other goats because he colluded to create elite teams, and when it gets tough he bails to another franchise to create another one. 

Not true. He went to LA before AD. They had young talent and were at the 4 seed before he got hurt. 

He went back to Cleveland with only injury pronr Irving. 

They said he couldn't do it in the West... It's done. 

They said Leonard would destroy him...nope.

They said he was too old to lead a team...inaccurate. 

Witness and enjoy what might be one of the last truly great players. 

I didn't even want him on the Lakers...but I always appreciated his game and his leadership.

Jealousy is a hard pill to swallow. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

23 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Witness and enjoy what might be one of the last truly great players. 

I’m happy to watch an all time great, and Lebron is easily one of the best ever, but there’s no reason to believe he’s the last.  Especially with basketballs growth globally.  The level of talent is rising, and the odds of finding a great young prospect and getting him into elite programs early is too.  

It’s a good time to be an nba fan, whatever the ratings may say.  We know that we’re watching excellent basketball because we know what that looks like.  

The one thing Lebron needed to make his time even better was a rival.  It never really materialized.  For a time it was Golden State’s game changing team.  For a time it was the Spurs machine.  It never lasted though, and it was never a player that could rival him individually.  

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m happy to watch an all time great, and Lebron is easily one of the best ever, but there’s no reason to believe he’s the last.  Especially with basketballs growth globally.  The level of talent is rising, and the odds of finding a great young prospect and getting him into elite programs early is too.  

It’s a good time to be an nba fan, whatever the ratings may say.  We know that we’re watching excellent basketball because we know what that looks like.  

The one thing Lebron needed to make his time even better was a rival.  It never really materialized.  For a time it was Golden State’s game changing team.  For a time it was the Spurs machine.  It never lasted though, and it was never a player that could rival him individually.  

He needed a Kobe type rival. I think it would've materialized more if he was in the west the last decade. 

Edited by Hersh

36 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He needed a Kobe type rival. I think it would've materialized more if he was in the west the last decade. 

It could have been Durant, maybe, if they were both in the West.

I think part of the reason he doesn't get the GOAT respect that he so desperately craves is...because he desperately craves it.  Jordan desperately craved it, but in a different way.  I can't really describe it, but maybe it was the way Jordan just went about it.  Like, you could never picture Jordan saying "My motivation is this ghost I'm chasing...this ghost played in LA/Boston."  You could never picture Jordan declaring he was the greatest after winning a title, like LeBron declared after winning his in Cleveland.  He just wanted his game to do the talking, left it up to everyone else to fill in the blanks.  Jordan's chase for greatness was effortless in a way, LeBron's has been announced by him since Day 1 and desperation is a stinky cologne.

@Spaceman Spiff

Who doesn't give Lebron GOAT respect?  The same way kids now point at Kobe, kids in the next 10-15 years will point to Lebron. 

Greatness is re-defining what it means to be great.  Jordan's double 3-peat was great, and the man is in a whole nother stratosphere. 

However, Lebron's finals run across 3 seperate "teams" (8 consecutive) and carrying teams to Championships, even as underdogs (CLE and even this Lakers as a whole) is great.  He puts up Jordan scoring, plus rebounding and assists.  We were so impressed with Butler in his losing effort that we forget Lebron does that day-in and day-out all through the playoffs.  And he had done it for years.  Not to mention he is a way better dude off the court than others before him.  Not like he didn't have tons to learn from others... but his biggest off the court mistake is "The Decision"... was that a decade ago?  

I hated Lebron as much as the next guy, but what he had accomplished is another level of greatness.  

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@Spaceman Spiff

Who doesn't give Lebron GOAT respect?  The same way kids now point at Kobe, kids in the next 10-15 years will point to Lebron. 

Greatness is re-defining what it means to be great.  Jordan's double 3-peat was great, and the man is in a whole nother stratosphere. 

However, Lebron's finals run across 3 seperate "teams" (8 consecutive) and carrying teams to Championships, even as underdogs (CLE and even this Lakers as a whole) is great.  He puts up Jordan scoring, plus rebounding and assists.  We were so impressed with Butler in his losing effort that we forget Lebron does that day-in and day-out all through the playoffs.  And he had done it for years.  Not to mention he is a way better dude off the court than others before him.  Not like he didn't have tons to learn from others... but his biggest off the court mistake is "The Decision"... was that a decade ago?  

I hated Lebron as much as the next guy, but what he had accomplished is another level of greatness.  

Well when he said "...I want my damn respect" the other night after winning the championship, he sure seems to think he's not getting it.  I think he's #2 behind Jordan, but apparently that's being a hater or something.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, Hersh said:

An old Jazz team? Do you realize the age of the players on the Bulls at that time? How many "young" teams win championship? Does this mean I should downgrade this Lakers championship cause they beat teams that were young and hadn't really accomplished anything before? Did a single starter playing against the Lakers actually have a championship ring? 

i don’t know where you are going with this but the point is simply that those Jazz teams were past their prime. They only broke thru in the west because other teams like the Rockets and Suns had moved on and the Lakers and Spurs dynasties hadn’t formed. 

They weren’t worthy adversaries like the Spurs to their Heat or the Cavs/Warriors of 15/16 or the Bulls/Suns. 

Lebron has had far tougher competition this decade alone than Jordan faced in the 90s regardless of how we romanticize his era. 

I’m a Jordan guy. He’s easily #1 to me. Best player I’ve ever seen. I’m not downgrading him at all I’m just not overlooking the advantages he had in a watered down league while putting forth ridiculous criticisms and standards up to Lebron. I’m being objective. 

On 10/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, Hersh said:

1. Jordan got so many more FTs than Lebron that he averaged 8.2 FTs per game compared to Lebrons lowly 8.0

great so Jordan got more free throws. And tell me that they are officiated the same way when Lebron is completely different physically. Lebron is like Shaw I that he’s so unnaturally big and strong that he’s hard to officiate and just gets beat up far more than others with no whistles. 

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont like it, but fir the love of god, anything but those middle school/intramural jerseys

Are you talking about those boring black and white jerseys that match that ugly high school looking court they play on?   

Those new jerseys are ugly too, but for entirely different reasons.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Are you talking about those boring black and white jerseys that match that ugly high school looking court they play on?  

Those new jerseys are ugly too, but for entirely different reasons.  

Yes 2x.

You can see with the rocket ice cream jerseys that they were going for... Something.  Those black and white ones have long insulted me with its backbreaking lack of creativity.

Court sucks ass too, and gives me migraines, but you gotta crawl before you can walk.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i don’t know where you are going with this but the point is simply that those Jazz teams were past their prime. They only broke thru in the west because other teams like the Rockets and Suns had moved on and the Lakers and Spurs dynasties hadn’t formed. 

They weren’t worthy adversaries like the Spurs to their Heat or the Cavs/Warriors of 15/16 or the Bulls/Suns. 

Lebron has had far tougher competition this decade alone than Jordan faced in the 90s regardless of how we romanticize his era. 

I’m a Jordan guy. He’s easily #1 to me. Best player I’ve ever seen. I’m not downgrading him at all I’m just not overlooking the advantages he had in a watered down league while putting forth ridiculous criticisms and standards up to Lebron. I’m being objective. 

great so Jordan got more free throws. And tell me that they are officiated the same way when Lebron is completely different physically. Lebron is like Shaw I that he’s so unnaturally big and strong that he’s hard to officiate and just gets beat up far more than others with no whistles. 

first of all, comparing how players in different eras are officiated is pointless cause they played in two totally different eras. For all the times Lebron gets hit and doesn’t get a call, that happened to Jordan as well. 

second, before you keep making claims about watered down competition, go look at some of the teams Lebron had to beat just to get to the finals. In his four championships, he’s beaten two excellent teams and a bunch of mediocre teams.