Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Wow. First time seeing it.

What in the world... Klay's expression walking off the court says a lot too. lol

KD's right. That **** was wack. And I get it hes just trying to win games. Best team in the world and that's some **** Oubre would do. 

Dray is also correct. KD is a **** and he was acting like it. Like ok he ****ed up. Shut the **** up and win the game stop being a **** about it. It's over now. 

Someone should be able to tell them about that **** but it's obvious no one can get to either of them.....just look at how tired Klay and Iggy are with dealing with it lol. Cant be the first time. 

Shame. But that's what happens when you collect a bunch of the best players in the same place. 

5 hours ago, Destino said:

and stop it with that JR stuff.  That man has made so many stupid plays you could put together an hour long lowlight reel.  Including perhaps the dumbest play in finals history.  This isn’t close to that. 

JR wouldn't act like it was everyone else who is wrong after ****ing up like that.  Not even he is that crazy.

There were so many bad decisions made by Draymond in that sequence.  Why snatch the rebound away from Durant when it was in his area?  Why advance the ball instead of calling time out?  Why take it up court himself?  Why dribble right into the middle of four Clippers defenders when everyone else was open?

He knows he's not Westbrook.  That's the kind of thing you do out of spite.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

GSW trying to nerf the world to keep Durant happy might be their downfall, or at least the beginning of it.  The 30 for 30 in 2025 will be great.  GSW doesn't seem to remember that they were a championship team before Durant, too.  

They aren't clearly a championship team this year w/o Durant.  In particular Draymond nor Iggy are what they were.

Edited by PeterMP

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

They aren't clearly a championship team this year w/o Durant.  In particular Draymond nor Iggy are what they were.

Without Durant they clearly aren't the frontrunners, but they're still contenders.  But they've at least got him for this year, so let it ride and enjoy it.  I think if they want to keep him around, the best thing they can do is win another title.  Winning cures everything, even in house fighting.  Is anyone going to care about this in June when the GSW are ripping through whatever eastern conference team steps up to get smacked down in the Finals?  

It's cute that anyone thinks this is drama in Oakland. Dray is cray but at the end of the day all he wants to do is win. So do the other big 3.

Add Boogie to the mix soon and that's a legit death lineup to everyone else. Besides, a group of guys together for 8-9 months and no fighting or dust-ups? Improbable.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's cute that anyone thinks this is drama in Oakland. Dray is cray but at the end of the day all he wants to do is win. So do the other big 3.

Add Boogie to the mix soon and that's a legit death lineup to everyone else. Besides, a group of guys together for 8-9 months and no fighting or dust-ups? Improbable.

Shut up. It's fun to see vulnerability in the Gods sometimes lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

JR wouldn't act like it was everyone else who is wrong after ****ing up like that.  Not even he is that crazy.

There were so many bad decisions made by Draymond in that sequence.  Why snatch the rebound away from Durant when it was in his area?  Why advance the ball instead of calling time out?  Why take it up court himself?  Why dribble right into the middle of four Clippers defenders when everyone else was open?

He knows he's not Westbrook.  That's the kind of thing you do out of spite.

He did some Ty Montgomery **** right there!

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lmao, yeah, 2/5 of the all-star team down and they look like any other nba team.  

GSW trying to nerf the world to keep Durant happy might be their downfall, or at least the beginning of it.  The 30 for 30 in 2025 will be great.  GSW doesn't seem to remember that they were a championship team before Durant, too.  

Actually, when they were trying to recruit KD, Draymond told KD we going to win a championship with you or without you so you might as well join. 

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Have you see Draymond play this year? He is playing well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Actually, when they were trying to recruit KD, Draymond told KD we going to win a championship with you or without you so you might as well join. 

Have you see Draymond play this year? He is playing well. 

Yes, I've seen him play and if I was going to complain about one of the players I noted, it would have been Iggy.

Draymond no longer shoots with any efficiency with range (only 24% from the 3 this year and attempts are down despite teams are sagging off him more than ever).  When he should be making and taking more 3's, he's taking and making fewer.  His FT numbers (in terms of attempts and percentage) have also continued their downward trend further indicating he's less of a threat/factor on the offensive end than ever.

He doesn't rebound on the offensive end like he used.  He's keeping his total rebounds high, but doing more on the defensive end (like taking a ball away from a teammate like he did on that play), but that's not generally really helpful rebounding.  He's playing with a lot of energy now so superficially it might look like he's doing well, but he's not actually being as productive, and I suspect as the season lags on you'll see the energy decline.

Iggy actually seems to be doing well and seems healthy, but I seriously doubt he'll hold up through the whole season, especially if other people miss time and they have to push him.

So coming off a lost championship, he told KD to come there because they were going to win it anyway?  I was under the impression he told KD this is why we need you?

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/13/golden-state-warriors-kevin-durant-nba-championship-draymond-green-text

"And so, at that locker, in that uniform, less than an hour after the most excruciating loss of his life, Green punched up Kevin Durant’s number. “See what we’re missing,” Green says, recounting the text message he sent Durant. “We need you. Make it happen.” "

Edited by PeterMP

Green was never a good shooter. He shot 31% from 3 point last year. His total fg % is up. His offensive rebounds are not much lower than what you suggest. He will be fine. He has been playing through a foot injury and it’s only 15 games into the season. He has played 12. 

Iggy was hurt hurt at the beginning of the season, but he is also old. So I’m not too worried about him. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Okay so we have anonymous reports saying that Green told Durant they could win championships without him, and we have Green himself saying that he texted Durant and said we need you.

Which one am I going to believe?

(I'll add though in general, I think this team is much weaker than most, and I wonder if Durant sees it and it worries him.  He didn't come there to not win championships.  To me, Green's continued pretty rapid decline is pretty obvious.  Iggy's playing well, but I suspect he's much closer to the player he was at the end of last season than what he's done at the beginning of this year.  I've never thought much of Cousins as a player, and I'm pretty dubious a guy his size that isn't particularly young, isn't known for being in great shape who I didn't think was really that good of a player of an injury is actually going to make a major impact on a run to a championship (yes, he'll get some points, but in terms of actually winning games, I'm doubtful).  If they get to the end of the year and Durant, Thompson, or Curry have a significant injury (even if they can still play, but their less than 100% then everybody else.), I think they can be beaten.)

Bell hopefully steps up to a Draymond like role. Looney and Jones have been solid role players. Livingston is a solid back up and Quinn Cook is getting better and better. I think even if Durant leaves next season which I think he will, the Warriors will still be able to compete for a title because that also means Curry becomes unleashed. The 2 time MVP and first Unanimous MVP. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Green was never a good shooter. He shot 31% from 3 point last year. His total fg % is up. His offensive rebounds are not much lower than what you suggest. He will be fine. He has been playing through a foot injury and it’s only 15 games into the season. He has played 12. 

Iggy was hurt hurt at the beginning of the season, but he is also old. So I’m not too worried about him. 

Yes, and that 31% was down from the year before, which was down from the year before that.  He shot 38% on 3.2 attempts a game at his peak.  For a 4/5, that is VERY GOOD.  Even in the years he shot around 33%, those are good years for a 4/5.

His ORBs are down again this year, which again is part of multi-year decline.

His over all FG% is up because his numbers of long 2s and mid-rage numbers are up compared to his career averages, including his best years.  Those are the least efficient shots in the game and that he's truly gotten better at those shots at this point in time in his career (as his 3 point and FT% are declining) is very unlikely.  More than likely, those numbers will go down as his attempts go up.