Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

What's with the ninja style bandanas dudes are wearing this year? Looking like Ken or Ryu from Street Fighter out there.

Is there anyone else wearing it?  I noticed that warriors player too.  Looking like Daniel LaRusso.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

When are we going to talk about the fact that the Grizzlies are currently the one seed in the West?  That Sacramento is 10-8?

The first month of the season has been insane.

Remember when Sacramento shipped out Boogie for spare parts and we were all like “Divac is the biggest moron in the league!!”?

Good times...

Edited by TryTheBeal!

Why do I think that this is gonna make bigger news than him thinking the Earth is flat? I mean, when someone says the Earth is flat, you should automatically assume that they have a vast array of.... Interesting thoughts.

And honestly, what someone feels about Thanksgiving is not even on the list for me, compared to, you know, the ****ing Earth being flat.

Frankly, I think we as Americans have lost the true meaning of pretty much all of our holidays, and traded it all in for corporate holiday stalking, or an excuse to get out of work/relax With family/get ****faced. 

tl;dr doesn't bother me all that much but I expect to see a FoxNews headline saying "Kyrie Irving Declares War on Thanksgiving" or some ****

Edited by Mr. Sinister

He went on rants about how he "doesn't celebrate that ****" but a little background shows that he does have some Native American background I think 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25348550/no-disrespect-thanksgiving-slam

Irving told NBC Sports Boston that his issues with the holiday stem from his Native American heritage.

His mother was a descendant of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe. Over the past few years, Irving has embraced his heritage, including getting a tattoo of the tribe's logo on the back of his neck

In August, Irving took part in a Lakota naming ceremony and was given the name "Little Mountain."

Edited by ixcuincle

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Thanksgiving = GOAT holiday.  Dank fall food.  Dank fall beer.  Watching football that dismembers a little piece of my soul every time.

It’s my favorite holiday but it needs to be taught differently and probably changed. Maybe “Family Day” or something and it should be acknowledged how terrible it is.

44 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If Curry gets healthy, this is going to be the best MVP debate in years.

Let's say Curry finishes the year in MVP form and the Warriors win 60.

LeBron continues his  MVP form and the Lakers win ~55.

Giannis continues his form and the Bucks win 60.

Who gets MVP? 

It's got to be LeBron right?

It should be Giannis but with media voting, they aren't going to pass up giving it to someone in a Laker uniform.  60 wins is impressive, and the Bucks have no other current allstars. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

It should be Giannis but with media voting, they aren't going to pass up giving it to someone in a Laker uniform.  60 wins is impressive, and the Bucks have no other current allstars.  

I think getting that Lakers teams to 55 wins would be more impressive than getting the Bucks to 60.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think getting that Lakers teams to 55 wins would be more impressive than getting the Bucks to 60.

I disagree.  Very few teams win 60 or more games.  Last year only one managed it.  The last time more than two teams in the league finished with 60+ wins was 2008-09.  Point is 60 wins is a kind of achievement in it's own right.  The Bucks are a one star team, getting to 60 wins with just one star would be a hell of a trick. 

I don’t think it’s likely the Bucks get to 60.  I think the Lakers probably add talent before the trade deadline so 55 may not seem as impressive in the second half of the season.