Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Spaceman Spiff is Scott Brooks, y’all!

Well it's cool if all NBA teams don't play defense until the playoffs, but if you're the Wizards and trying to win games with other teams playing defense and you're not...yeah.  

NBA would be much better with teams scoring in the 150s every night and trying to see who could pull off the most ridiculous ****.  Basically a better presented And 1 mixtape.  

Do they set mics up different from court to court?  I noticed in Dallas the other night the rim sounded like a bass drum.  In Golden State tonight the nets make a lot more noise on shots falling through than normal.  Almost like an added sound effect.

Lee rocking a tie on head band, don’t see those very often outside the martial arts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Do they set mics up different from court to court?  I noticed in Dallas the other night the rim sounded like a bass drum.  In Golden State tonight the nets make a lot more noise on shots falling through than normal.  Almost like an added sound effect.

They have to. I noticed it too. I even like the sound effects better in particular courts lol

Edited by Llevron

This move seems desperate for Philly.

He's a good player and he'll help them but I feel like they should have been more patient and built that roster with more continuity of vision.  Presti should have never been fired. Joel Embiid + Ben Simmons and a ton of great shooters sounds like a good formula.  Now it's too many chiefs and not enough braves and no shooting on the roster aside from one guy.

53 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This move seems desperate for Philly.

He's a good player and he'll help them but I feel like they should have been more patient and built that roster with more continuity of vision.  Presti should have never been fired. Joel Embiid + Ben Simmons and a ton of great shooters sounds like a good formula.  Now it's too many chiefs and not enough braves and no shooting on the roster aside from one guy.

I agree.  It seems like they decided they had to make a move.  Partly, it depends on an extension, but it isn't hard to see a scenario where either he walks or they give him a 5 year max where he's not worth that contract in 3 years.  Their in the prime of Simmons and Embiid's career and saddled with a bad contract for Butler that reduces their flexibility.

But their GM that shouldn't have been fired wasn't Presti, it was Hinkie.

Though, I've never been very big on Saric and while I think people underrate Covington's value it became clear last year in the playoffs that he doesn't really have the athleticism to go toe to toe with the best over a 7 game series.

This also does nothing for the Fultz/Simmons situation and likely compounds it. 

I think though they will get shooting from other places though.  Shamet's shot appears to be a legit NBA shot based on form and performance (37.9% at 4.5 attempts a game).  They've got other people on the bench and other pieces to get shooters.

If Butler can re-gain his high intensity D and be more effeceint in a system where less is expected of him on offense, they'll be very good this year.

Edited by PeterMP

I see that they picked up Justin Patton too in the trade.  The Sixers certainly have experience with players recovering from foot injuries.  Depending on this health, this might actually be a real win for the Sixers.

I actually like it a lot more now.

Edited by PeterMP