Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I accept my fate... 

The last 17 months have been very wtf. Don't know how I feel at the moment. 

Don't let me find out you changed your vote in the Tank Thread : )

Edited by Renegade7

Discovering Whiteside is possibly the worst thing that ever happened to the Heat. This monstrous talent at center fell from the sky right as two things happened:

1. Centers lost a lot of their importance in basketball, and

2. The Free Agent market dried up somewhat

Riley had money to spend and felt obligated on some level to give it to a player he really didn't want to give it to, and I feel like everyone knew this was a mistake at the time, including Riley, Spoelstra, and possibly Whiteside himself.

That's one of those signings that seemed to just happen. And now the contract is a complete albatross just like everyone more or less assumed it would be.

John would have been in the MVP conversation this season if he hadn't gotten hurt.  He's better than Lillard and Irving.  Not as good as Harden, but not as far off as people think.

He's been torching Toronto's highly ranked defense.  It's easy for him.  When he was out, everything about our offense was so difficult and workman-like.  Had to execute perfectly for 24 seconds every trip just to get a decent shot off.  Getting good shots for himself and the rest of the guys on the floor is second nature for John.  He's a force, and his performances are why you can't overstate the value of a transcendent pure point.  We have an enormous margin for error on offense because of him.

Now if we could just play some ****ing defense ourselves instead of getting torched for 120+ points a game we'd actually have a series.  Our bigs are trash.

50 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Imagine Wall on the wolves instead of Jeff Teague. That’s a championship caliber team. 

New Orleans.  Minnesota has enough offense, they can't play defense.  If Wall were on New Orleans they'd be a real threat to Golden State.  Him as the maestro to those two bigs?  Kentucky reunion.

The other good one is Wall on San Antonio with a healthy Kawhi.  They'd be battling the Warriors and exchanging titles with you guys for the next couple of years.

He could win a ring with Cleveland or Milwaukee too.

GMs should just agree to trade each other their superstars for a year or two to win titles then trade them back. Like okay New Orleans, give us Davis for a couple years, we win a title or two, then we'll send him back to you along with Wall and/or Beal and you guys get to win a couple.

I know its stupid and super shady but it'd be amusing as hell "lolol"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A loan system for the playoffs where teams who don't really have a shot can loan their star player to another one to make them a contender would make the league interesting.

What would they get in return for it? I don’t follow non-international soccer so I don’t know how it works. do they just get money for the loaned player?