Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

41 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Might be considered a bust due to where he was drafted and the numbers he will probably put up, but I 100% believe he'll be a serviceable NBA pro. 

I think he’ll end up being good but that a few guys drafted after him will be better.

His game actually reminds me of a small version of Simmons.

Lakers are going to have to put some big time shot makers around him though.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he’ll end up being good but that a few guys drafted after him will be better.

Lack of athleticism is what's going to kill him.  Court vision is fine, but there are some major red-flags with his game. 

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's not as fast as Simmons (and he's smaller).   There is a spot for him in the NBA, but he's never going to be worth the #2 pick unless he vastly improves his shooting.

**EDIT**
His problem with sticking in the NBA might be his dad.  I could see him being out of the NBA in 3 or 4 years if his dad gives teams/coached a headache.

Edited by PeterMP

11 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

It's not fair to compare taytum to ball. Taytum joined a 50-win, no.1 team in the east with the best coach in the east, and a ridiculous bench. 

Also, Ball should not have replaced DeAngelo. Always liked his game. Dude reminds of Damian. 

The Lakers ****ed up getting rid of him.  

Thats what I'm thinking. They'll probably sell out for FA. And it likely won't go well for them. Stars teamed up in Minnesota, Oklahoma City, and young trouble is brewing in Philly and Milwaukee. All we hear every year from the media every time free agency begins, is how some top free agent wants to go play for them, and it never happens, yet they never stop trying to foster that illusion

The Lakers' time as the center of the NBA universe is over. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thats what I'm thinking. They'll probably sell out for FA. And it likely won't go well for them. Stars teamed up in Minnesota, Oklahoma City, and young trouble is brewing in Philly and Milwaukee. All we hear every year from the media every time free agency begins, is how some top free agent wants to go play for them, and it never happens, yet they never stop trying to foster that illusion

The Lakers' time as the center of the NBA universe is over. 

Their time as the center of the universe is over.

However, I find it hard to believe that they will ever be "just another team" when it comes to big names wanting to go there.

The team that is always named as a destination is New York, but the Knicks never sign anyone. The Lakers have a history of landing their man going back to the 60s.

Every one forgets that the Lakers seemed finished as a force after Magic retired as well. They putzed around as a .500 team for a few years with Nick Van Exel as the star. And then they get Shaq and all is well again.

Then they had three lost years in Kobe's prime before they got Gasol.

They've never really hit rock bottom like this, but I do think it's harder in the modern NBA to just buy your way to a .500 record, which they were always able to do under Dr. Buss.

Shaq is the only notable FA signing the Lakers have had in the past two decades.

I mean yeah I suppose Kobe forcing a trade to LA during the draft somehow counts, but I doubt they are going to luck into a generational star in the middle of the first round again.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Shaq is the only notable FA signing the Lakers have had in the past two decades.

I mean yeah I suppose Kobe forcing a trade to LA during the draft somehow counts, but I doubt they are going to luck into a generational star in the middle of the first round again.

And even if they did attract a star, they'd only go from a team certain to miss the playoffs to a team that might sneak in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don't like labeling players as chokers or clutch, but Harden's play in the playoffs is lacking. 

Meh.  Not buying it.  In the playoffs teams could focus on him because Houston lacked enough other talent.  

Russ is an inefficient statpadder.  Harden is an incredibly efficient force.  

14 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Down the stretch, the Thunder are worse than the Redskins. 

that's because Russ is an inefficient statpadder  :) 

Edited by Predicto

8 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Meh.  Not buying it.  In the playoffs teams could focus on him because Houston lacked enough other talent.  

Harden also pulled a no show when he and OKC went to The Finals.

12 minutes ago, Predicto said:

2 of 11 in a blow out elimination game, at least Russ doesn't give up. 

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Russ shot 6-18 but gobbled up 13 defensive rebounds.  So...it was a great night for him.

I thought Russ played well, Melo was awful. He tried to iso when it was like a 6 point game and he traveled. 

I really used to love Russ, but I am not even sure he is that good anymore. I think last season did a lot of damage to him on a mental level.

7 hours ago, No Excuses said:

He is the only notable FA the Lakers have ever signed.

The great players have historically wanted to play for the Lakers and find a way.