Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I hope not. 

That said... okay. haha. 

Seriously, I would not like that quick fix on a player that is at the end. Lakers have been down that road before with GP, Malone, and Nash. 

Yeah, but unlike those guys, LeBron is still playing at a very high level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

LeBron is on the downside. He is on the page that Kobe was before that contract that made the Lakers what they are today. 

LOL...LeBron’s averaging almost 29 points a game. Yes, he’s on the back end of his career, like Tom Brady, but he has at least 2 more years of greatness.

• Like 2

Nothing lasts forever.

People constantly make Sticks' dad, Kareem, etc comparisons.

Going on 15 years of supersonic freight train basketball will leave it's mark somewhere. No amount of sport science and fancy kimchi will ever beat that. Just delay the inevitable, making the fall more sudden and tragic

Lebron may not have that many years left, but he is not "on the downside" in terms of performance.  The guy continues to play at a superhuman level.

With that said, I doubt he has any interest in going to the Lakers and holding the hands of that green and mismatched roster.  He wants more rings before he retires, and that is not the way to get them.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

How would that not hinder the development of Simmons? Gotta let that beast roam free in the wild

Simmons would actually be better playing alongside LeBron. It’s not like they play the same position.

6 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Lebron may not have that many years left, but he is not "on the downside" in terms of performance.  The guy continues to play at a superhuman level.

With that said, I doubt he has any interest in going to the Lakers and holding the hands of that green and mismatched roster.  He wants more rings before he retires, and that is not the way to get them.  

I thought you were on the next level of understanding of balance and realistic the future. 

LeBron is closer to retiring than most of you probably know. 

LeBron is only interested to play in LA for LA pay. 

Lakers are not as good as they play and not as bad. I know you see that. 

My point is simply... I would rather them do it without him.

Add him... as GS has with KD... ( I understand he is still in his prime)... but I want what you had before KD. 

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Simmons would actually be better playing alongside LeBron. It’s not like they play the same position.

True, but Simmons is just unreal with the rock. Lebron is the Sun, and everyone else is tidally locked in his orbit. How's that gonna work with two-three young talents with little on their resume, and the best player of this generation?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

San Antonio

That would actually make me happy.  Just go full on mercenary.  And I think it's actually a realistic scenario.

I think the Clippers and Houston are the other two places that could make it happen if he decides to leave Cleveland.

Or I could see him pulling CP3 to Cleveland.

Kevin Love for CP3 + Capela, does Houston say yes?

But other than him coming to DC, the scenario I like the best is Boston trading Gordon Hayward for him.  Then Kyrie leaves when his contract is up and goes to San Antonio, only to have LeBron follow him there too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think when you factor in not playing in college, and apparently thinking he's a better coach then every coach he's had (he's probably right, honestly), he probably yearns to play for a through and through basketball man.

He leaves the East to the young talents, and goes to the land of the giants, teaming with Kawhi and CP3. Pop and co. throw all their chips to the center of the table, and resign themselves to one thing, beating GS at all costs, abandoning their fancy aura of self made purity.

Also, I thought of it because it sounded like the stupidest of possibilities, until I started to make sense of it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Sure. I would rather trade Green and Keep bell and Klay

nonono.gif

How can you be a Warriors fan and not understand how important Draymond is for this team?  Klay is awesome and i love the guy, but we can get other 3 and D guys.  They aren't as good bu they will serve well enough.  The overall quality of the team wouldn't change.  But there isn't another Draymond out there.  The Dubs switching defense hinges on the quality of his perfect anticipation and decision making, and all of the other players benefit from his help defense, which is the best I have ever seen, from any player, ever.  And he leads the best passing team ni NBA history in assists, every single year.   

Seriously, put down the pipe.  Draymond is the heart of the team.

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1