Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Can you give me an honest opinion and and scouting report on DJ?  The Wizards are rumored to be in talks for trading for him and I want to know if this is a good idea for us.  Right now I'm all for it but I don't know if this is a devil you don't know situation.  Do you think it'd be a good move for us to trade for him?  We have major defensive issues at the C position.

He is a very effective player, if you use him right.  He is super athletic, a very good shot blocker, a strong rebounder, and an ok overall defender.  He can be effective offensively on a team that runs a lot, because he runs the floor well and has great hands.  Bad ballhandler, bad passer.  If he gets the ball down low in a half court situation he doesn't know what to do with it.  Horrible free throw shooter.  

To his credit, he doesn't try very often to do offensive things that he can't do - which is everything other than finish on the break, catch and dunk lobs, and the occasional putback.   He would be a big upgrade from Gortat.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What was Livingston so mad about?  Looked like he instigated that altercation in the clip I saw.

The NBA is going to have to do something about players jawing with refs (again).  I know you watch so you have to have noticed that there is entirely too much obvious abuse being directed at refs by players and coaches mad about calls.  This isn't to say some refs don't seem to deserve it, but there is just too much of it going on.  There are some games, like KAT when the Wizards played the Timberwolves, where every trip down the court seemed to end with the big man waving his arms around and screaming.  That hurts the game.

Having said all that refs should never engage in physical contact with players in anger.  Even if it's just touching heads in a shouting match.

Jrue Holiday is ballin right now. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just channeled his inner Joey Crawford, is all.

Bams D was impressive. Never seen a big fella stay with Curry like that before

I was on real gm and read that Bam did that against Lebron too. It was very impressive. 

Curry on fire in the 3rd quarter but he has 4 fouls. Warriors were down 20 at half, 3 point game going into the 4th

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He walked into the locker room, so I'm going to assume he is going to be okay.

He can walk with his feet half amputated because of the Frankenstein braces he wears in his shoe.

The problem is when Curry gets an ankle sprain, it lingers for months. He's got a congenital problem.

KD is getting in everyone's face this year and it's glorious. Cousin's would tear him apart, and KD knows it, but details such as those are for lesser men to consider.  I wonder if he's ready to embrace "Slim Reaper" now that he's not trying to Mr. Friendly anymore?

• Like 2