Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hats off to Malcom Brogdon, rookie of the year.  Bucks are gonna be awesome in a year or two.  

I don't know, a lot is riding on Jabari Parker and he's already had two ACL tears in his left knee.  They need him to pan out because they need shooting and secondary scoring.  Giannis is great and Maker is an interesting prospect, but he's a ways away and they don't have a quality second option without Parker.  Middleton is an average starter.  Monroe is entering his final year under contract.  The rest of their rotation players are JAGs.

Brogdon is a really nice role player, but he was a 24 year old rookie without a ton of upside and put up arguably the weakest ROY season since the merger.  It was an absolutely horrid rookie class after Ben Simmons got hurt.  Almost all of the other top ten picks flat out sucked.

• Like 1

Too bad he failed at getting rid of Melo before he went.  Phil was a train wreck, but he'd have done NY a favor if he'd succeeded at ridding the team of a mediocre player that decides when he wants to listen to coaches as if he's a superstar. 

25 minutes ago, Destino said:

Too bad he failed at getting rid of Melo before he went.  Phil was a train wreck, but he'd have done NY a favor if he'd succeeded at ridding the team of a mediocre player that decides when he wants to listen to coaches as if he's a superstar. 

Phil is the one who gave that mediocre player an extension with a no trade clause so....

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Phil is the one who gave that mediocre player an extension with a no trade clause so....

I know it, Phil was a disaster but at the end of his reign of terror he had a chance to do one act of good... guess it shouldn't be a surprise that he failed there too.

2 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Houston gave up quite a bit. They might have gotten worse.

Unless Lebron plans on joining his friend in Houston.  Let's wait and see who else the rockets get.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Talk of trading Porzingis was the last straw I suppose.  I understand why, it was utterly indefensible.

I actually kind of like the Ntilikina pick though.

I think it's plenty defensible. Building around Porzingis as a franchise player will prove to be a mistake.  Not because he isnt talented enough to be one, I merely question his durability.  

The track record of guys 7'3" or bigger being durable is not strong.  And most of those were role players, except for Yao Ming and Ralph Sampson.  And neither one of them held up after the first few years.  Porzingis is already headed in that trajectory, IMO.  Missed 10 games as a rookie, 16 this year.  

I can't remember if I made this argument in here already, so I might be repeating myself.

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Houston gave up quite a bit. They might have gotten worse.

I suspect they're not done yet though.

Edited by justice98