Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I mean, we all respect Popovich and his basketball acumen but let's not discount @Dont Taze Me Bro and his knowledgeable appraisal of the incident.

I didn't say I approve of players getting hurt.  I said that I didn't think it was a dirty play and I still don't after seeing the replay a gazillion times, regular speed, slowed down, etc.  I think for a play to be dirty there needs to be clear evidence that the player involved did something with intent to harm another player.  I just didn't see this on that particular play.  

He went to defend the shot, turns to the basket after it's released and wasn't even looking where his feet were landing, much less where Leonard was.  Yes, it's a foul and it was called a foul.  I just don't think there was any intent to hurt Leonard.  And if Leonard feels the same way and says the same, then I'll take his word for it.  

All those guys jump/lunge at each just like this all the time, sometimes collisions or landing slightly under them, or part of your leg or foot being under them, etc. is bound to happen some of the time.  Doesn't make it intentional or dirty every time it does happen.  Of course Pop is going to rip the guy for being involved in a play that hurt his star, MVP caliber player, every coach would do the same, I would hope.

I'm all for player safety, so if they want to change the rules to make it a flagrant 1 or 2, so be it.  But right now that minimal contact in those situations is just a foul.  I wanted to see a great series too.  I hate that he got injured.  And it most likely could turn out to be a deciding factor in how this series finishes out, considering that if he wasn't injured, I think the Spurs easily take game 1.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

How do you determine if it's malicious?  Or does it not matter?

I don't think it should matter.  I think it should be an automatic ejection.  Players would start trying to avoid doing it even if they've never done it on purpose before.  That's what needs to happen.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well you'd see some fantastic closeout efforts with that rule in place...

Most guys who play good defense close out hard without stepping under the shooter.  Only the dirty players tend to do it.

And even if it means the likes of Zaza Pachulia don't close out on perimeter jump shots any more, that's better than having a conference final ruined by a cheap shot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can live with results of this season.  Jus concerned about our top two centers.  They been bad all playoffs and we're flat out in the way tonight.  Love seeing Wall get that tv respect this year in the playoffs, proud of him

With respect comes scrutiny. That 4th quarter will def be talked about

Let me say this about the Celtics, they have a bench full of top 10 picks and first rounders. It's starting to show. Don't be surprised if they punch Cle in the mouth in game 1. They're not a sexy team with big name talent like SA/GS, but this kids are starting to gel. 

7 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

The enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine...

I may help you in the next round, but right now, he has some business I need him to take care of for me.

You can't make out the British lapel he's wearing in that pic.. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

With respect comes scrutiny. That 4th quarter will def be talked about

i hear you, but he also set the record for postseason games with 20 points and 7 assists.  He had some beastly performances, like going off to close out Atlanta and that game winner last game.  He won't get anywhere with that bench, has to address it like nationals bullpen if we want to get past second round.  

30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

i hear you, but he also set the record for postseason games with 20 points and 7 assists.  He had some beastly performances, like going off to close out Atlanta and that game winner last game.  He won't get anywhere with that bench, has to address it like nationals bullpen if we want to get past second round.  

All true, but he was on a milk carton to end an elimination game. Thats never a good look. Thats star treatment criticism that he will receive. 

• Like 1