Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I guess I need to look again. Lots of cats saying it was a dirty play and I just dont see it personally. 

That second shuffle to get further underneath him.  Ball is halfway to the basket and Zaza is blatantly trying to ride him out into the bench.  No doubt in my mind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That second shuffle to get further underneath him.  Ball is halfway to the basket and Zaza is blatantly trying to ride him out into the bench.  No doubt in my mind.

Yea I actually agree with yall. I looked again and that second shuffle is too much. Still not sure if he was thinking "This is my chance to win the series for us" but either way he knew what he was doing and it cost us Fans one of the best players in the series. 

Edited by Llevron

It was not a dirty play.  He contested the shot and then turned around backing into him to block him out.  Kawhi said it himself that he didn't think it was a dirty play or intentional.  **** happens.  Unfortunately, this might prevent us from seeing a great series if Kawhi can't go, pending his MRI.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

There's a reason Curry goes on his ass after so many jumpers. He trying to protect his ankles. 

Same reason so many players hit the deck when attacking the rim.  They're trained not to land hard on one leg and end up like Derrick Rose.

• Like 2

I don't think it's too much to ask some of the finest athletes in the world to stop moving under a shooter as they land.  If it is unintentional, they need to start being more aware.  No one wants to see the stars get knocked out on dumb stuff like that.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I don't think it's too much to ask some of the finest athletes in the world to stop moving under a shooter as they land.  If it is unintentional, they need to start being more aware.  No one wants to see the stars get knocked out on dumb stuff like that.

Unintentional is meaningless.  Just like players are expected to intentionally avoid running through the legs of a player leaping around the rim, they're supposed to avoid moving underneath a jump shooter.  Look at where Kawhi jumps and lands, notice where Zaza's feet end up?  That's a full on Bruce Bowen (Spurs fame), he kept shuffling towards Leonard looking for body contact.  That's dirty.  

Kawhi did not leap forward either.  

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

Unintentional is meaningless.  Just like players are expected to intentionally avoid running through the legs of a player leaping around the rim, they're supposed to avoid moving underneath a jump shooter.  Look at where Kawhi jumps and lands, notice where Zaza's feet end up?  That's a full on Bruce Bowen (Spurs fame), he kept shuffling towards Leonard looking for body contact.  That's dirty.  

Kawhi did not leap forward either.  

I agree with you.  I think it was intentional  (Zaza took like 3 steps to get underneath Kawhi).  I was saying moreso in the general sense that even in unintentional situations, onus should be on the defender to give shooters room to land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

I agree with you.  I think it was intentional  (Zaza took like 3 steps to get underneath Kawhi).  I was saying moreso in the general sense that even in unintentional situations, onus should be on the defender to give shooters room to land.

It is.  But the penalties (a common foul + violation of unwritten rules of conduct) aren't enough to keep players from being dirtbags and doing it intentionally, much less go out of their way to avoid doing it.

The penalties need to be much more severe.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It is.  But the penalties (a common foul + violation of unwritten rules of conduct) aren't enough to keep players from being dirtbags and doing it intentionally, much less go out of their way to avoid doing it.

The penalties need to be much more severe.

How do you determine if it's malicious?  Or does it not matter?