Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Markieff Morris to the Wiz for Humphries, Blair, and a protected first.

Nice roll of the dice by the Wiz.   Markieff has been grumpy, but he has talent.  Humphries and Blair are bums.  A protected first is a small price for getting to take a flier on Morris.  

Nice roll of the dice by the Wiz. Markieff has been grumpy, but he has talent. Humphries and Blair are bums. A protected first is a small price for getting to take a flier on Morris.

Especially with his contract ($8 mil per over the next 3). Single reason I've warmed up to it

(Like all Wiz fans these days, any time Ernie Grunfeld does something my immediate reaction is to hate it. Ernie took a breath today?? **** OXYGEN!!!)

Humphries isn't a bum. He's a rotation worthy player. Blair is a bum.

Blair is a particularly annoying case for me. He's the typical second round draft pick that arm-chair GM Wizards fans wanted the team to draft and, when they didn't, howled about it for years. Then when he shows signs of life in the NBA, they took it as validation that they were right about him and that Ernie Grunfeld must be fired immediately for incompetence. Then when he finally ends up in a Wizards uniform and we see first hand how extremely limited he is, they forget they've been absolutely insufferable about not drafting him for years, and they roast the GM for how crappy the front court is.

Another example of how being a fan of a historical losing franchise is not fun.

• Like 1

Imo Blair really wasnt all that bad. He should have gotten more burn, especially when we were hurting enough to sign Ryan Hollins and play Otto Porter, a guy who is just about undersized to play the 3... at the 5. The fact that we kept him over Seraphin and never played him also baffled me. Not going to lose sleep over him gone, but he really wasnt that terrible.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

I've always thought it was interesting how Rocky is supposed to represent America and Drago is the USSR even though it should be the other way around. We always portray ourselves as the untalented and scrappy underdog who wins by being all heart. We're more accurately the juiced up powerhouse enjoying the biggest natural and geographic advantages of any country in the world.

Neither the Spurs nor Warriors have lost at home this season.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

We'll see what the Clippers look like when Blake gets back, but im confident that both OKC and LAC will be ready to truly test the Spurs and Dubs come playoff time

The Eastern conference playoffs on the other hand is going to be unwatchable. Cleveland will likely sweep their way to the ECF. They may have one game where they die of boredom, but I doubt they even pay attention until they likely face the Raptors in the ECF. Miami, Washington, Chicago, Milwaukee. So many teams you expected to take that next step and its just been thoroughly disappointing. Hurts even more with the way Wade has played this year.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Wizards, Heat, and Bulls have been hurt by injuries this year. The Bulls aren't going to do much until Butler gets back. And the Heat are probably going to scuffle some now without Bosh. But Miami should be able to finish as a mid seed even still.

The Wizards are healthy now and they're going to go on a run. If they end up in the 6th or 7th spot, I think they'll beat the Raptors or Celtics. Boston is going to realize that Isiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, and Jae Crowder are not stars, and that their deep, "greater than the sum of their parts" style that works so well in the regular season doesn't work as well in the playoffs. Same thing happened to Chicago in 2014 and Toronto in 2015.

If I'm Toronto, I'm really hoping the Wizards end up as either the 6th or 8th seed so I wouldn't have to face them.

The Wizards wouldn't win, but I think they'd also give Cleveland a series in the first or second round.

We'll likely finish as a middling seed, but for me personally, considering where I envisioned us before the season started, it won't feel like much more than one of those participation good sport trophies.

According to those in the know in Heat circles, Bosh's issue is nowhere near as serious as it was last year (as I said initially), but even still, im not sure I want him to play again this year. Guy has a wife and a family to think about.

These last two years have really sucked

Edited by Mr. Sinister

We'll likely finish as a middling seed, but for me personally, considering where I envisioned us before the season started, it won't feel like much more than one of those participation good sport trophies.

According to those in the know in Heat circles, Bosh's issue is nowhere near as serious as it was last year (as I said initially), but even still, im not sure I want him to play again this year. Guy has a wife and a family to think about.

These last two years have really sucked

What are they going to do with Whiteside? Your thoughts on him?

What are they going to do with Whiteside? Your thoughts on him?

Closest thing would probably be Jordan Reed on the Redskins, but for different reasons. Super talented athlete, but still learning, and still doing dumb **** that keeps him from getting more pt

Spo and co ride him pretty hard. Its a double edged sword. You want him to mature and reach his potential and become a consistent star calibre player, but you also risk alienating him, and this is a contract year. Things were tense enough that he was being discussed as a possible trade option for Dwight, which I was against, vehemently.

I think he's worth putting up with, and further developing, but Pat Riley may have detonated that bridge with the leaked trade talks. But still, I think Hassan wants to remain in Miami, and frankly, he owes us. His career was on life support, and our barren wasteland of bigs, along with an injury to McRoberts, gave him an opportunity here. But he needs to grow up.

The team does not trust him enough to sign him long term. Not yet

• Like 1

That's tough, id probably sign him and put him up with him On the assumption Riley, Spo and Wade can get him to mature.

If not, other teams would be willing to take him on at some point as logg as his contract isn't too outrageous

Its an ongoing process, but I think he stays. He just needs to show soe things over the second half to bring everyone on board fully. He's real tight with Zo and Juwan Howard. The fanbase loves him. He gets a lot of tough love, but he'll find a hard time finding another organization where so many people truly give a damn about him not just as a player.

But again, you never know. I said Lebron was never leaving a team that was like family for Cleveland, a place that spat on everything concerning him... but his issues with Spo reached critical mass

Spo and Riles are like a hive mind. That break you down and conform style can be grating on delicate personalities

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Dear goodness - Davis was tearing it up like gymball. My favorite of the NBA highlights was Drummond hanging his head in agony with SVG in the background and Davis also in the frame... I did not realize SVG was such a penguinlike looking fellow..

But that was amazing.