Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Umm, neither did Jordan.

That's my point. That LeBron did it against some **** isn't a plus for him and a knock on Jordan. And yes, Jordan did. You think his first title came in '98? He beat Zeke and Magic to get his first. Then he beat Drexler and Co. Then Barkley. Payton, Kemp and Schrempf, who were more than legit (check those Sonics teams records.) Then Stockton and Malone. LeBron has beaten...an old Spurs who then came back and shook his entire world up the next season. And...?

And believe me, there are VERY few athletes I despise more than Jordan.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

The NBA needs to do something about the hack a whomever strategy. While I completely understand why coaches implement it, it makes games unwatchable.

My solution:

if the same player is fouled three consecutive times(that is, nobody else on his team is fouled once while he is fouled three times), then after the third foul the team gets to choose who shoots the FTs.

If it happens five times, then after the fifth the team gets to shoot the FTs AND gets the ball back.

This rule would not be in affect in the last minute of the game(so fouling to stop the clock is still viable).

Jordans titles all came in a very watered down, over expanded nba. The overall talent level is far superior now compared to the mid to late 90s.

Jordan played great teams in the playoffs. Better teams than LeBron has. This warriors team is going to be the closest thing to those Utah teams LeBron will face. The Heat were massive favorites going into each of their playoff series except maybe last year's final, where they were probably at least even money. The greatest team LeBron faced in the playoffs were the Big Three Celtics when they were in their prime, but that window was short and he never beat them until it had closed.

Also let's not pretend like Jordan played with better teammates than what LeBron had in Miami. That '13 team had three HoFers on it aside from him.

That's my point. That LeBron did it against some **** isn't a plus for him and a knock on Jordan. And yes, Jordan did. You think his first title came in '98? He beat Zeke and Magic to get his first. Then he beat Drexler and Co. Then Barkley. Payton, Kemp and Schrempf, who were more than legit (check those Sonics teams records.) Then Stockton and Malone. LeBron has beaten...an old Spurs who then came back and shook his entire world up the next season. And...?

And believe me, there are VERY few athletes I despise more than Jordan.

Not one of those players you mention was anywhere near their prime. Magic shouldn't even count. Barkley was old and just chasing a ring. Sean Kemp is a good example of how thin the talent was then.

I guess you could say payton was in his prime. And the jazz. ...see sean kemp.

• Like 1

My solution to the hack strategy is..

Learn to shoot free throws.

The NBA already has too many ridiculous rules.

In an ideal world, but that won't happen. It's unwatchable basketball when one team is literally chasing a player on the other team to commit a foul.

Not one of those players you mention was anywhere near their prime. Magic shouldn't even count. Barkley was old and just chasing a ring. Sean Kemp is a good example of how thin the talent was then.

If you think the talent was thin in the 90s, what do you call it in the East the last few years? Atrocious?

Plus, if you are going to start saying player X was past his prime so it shouldn't even count, well the Spurs trio was past their primes when Lebron beat them and when they beat Lebron. Boston certainly had players past their prime when Lebron beat them. OKC had a bunch of rising superstars, but the Heat were the heavy favorites.

Lastly, this argument that Jordan couldn't get his team to the finals without certain players...The East in the 80s/late 80s was loaded.

I'm not dismissing what LeBron is doing with this team, but the East is also downright terrible.

• Like 1

My solution to the hack strategy is..

Learn to shoot free throws.

The NBA already has too many ridiculous rules.

I agree with this. I hate to see a rule change that benefits a poor free throw shooter. I get that it brings the game to a halt and that's not entertaining but it is a legitimate strategy.

Why impact the game because a very small number of players are so bad at free throws that they are a liability? If he coaches don't like it, sub them out and roll with an alternative lineup.

Leave it the way it is

Barkley was MVP that year.... Lol

Come on dude

I agree with this. I hate to see a rule change that benefits a poor free throw shooter. I get that it brings the game to a halt and that's not entertaining but it is a legitimate strategy.

Why impact the game because a very small number of players are so bad at free throws that they are a liability? If he coaches don't like it, sub them out and roll with an alternative lineup.

Leave it the way it is

I can't decide where I fall on this issue, but I think I agree with you.  The strategy is only implemented against Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan.  Rule changes create unintended consequences, I don't know if it's worth it just to protect those two players.

Besides, their teams were already unwatchable anyway.  That won't change if you get rid of the hackashaq strategy.