Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The Wizards at the time badly needed an outside shooter. A lot of Wizards fans wanted Curry in the draft. I don't think Rubio was really that heavily discussed because people expected Arenas to recover.

Maybe the Rubio talk was more during that season as Gungate was playing out and it became clear Gil's career was over. But I thought I remembered a lot of Rubio interest because of how highly valued he was as a prospect.

I do remember there was a lot of pessimism about how we fell to five. And then I can't remember anyone who didn't immediately hate the Miller/Foye trade.

Even with the injury issues, he still gets a max extension if anyone realizes he's about to be an All NBA player.

He's not an all NBA player if he spends most of every season on the bench.  

The Warriors knew what they were developing.  He shot 44 percent from 3 point range in his first three years, showed the ability to create his own shot, and demonstrated excellent handles.  His only flaw was too many turnovers (and Mark Jackson's primitive offensive scheme - the two actually went together).  

However, Curry also missed 40 out of the 66 games in the 2011-2012 season because of his ankles, then sprained his ankle badly not once but twice, in the preseason before signing his extension at the start of the 2012-2013 season.   That extension has worked out great for the Dubs, but they really were taking a risk when they signed it.  

Posted this earlier, I wanted to get your guys thoughts

Do you think MIL could have beaten TOR? I do

Could have?   Yes.  They have the defense to challenge any offensively minded team.   They might even have given Cleveland some trouble.   That list definitely includes Toronto, which is something like 24th in the NBA in defensive efficiency.  

However, against any playoff team with a good defense, they are doomed.   Chicago was a terrible matchup for them.  

I don't think they would've beaten Toronto. Inexperienced teams usually struggle. Even if they have more talent than their opponent, much like Toronto struggled against Brooklyn last season. And Milwaukee doesn't have better talent than Toronto yet. Almost all of Toronto's key players are in their prime right now.

Toronto is probably still the favorite against a well seasoned Wizards team unless Kyle Lowry is just done. Milwaukee is probably going to get swept by a Bulls team that's pretty comparable to the Wizards.

I look at the East right now and it feels like everyone is just fighting for the right to get smoked by the Warriors or Clippers.

The Cavs look like the best of a bad bunch right now, but they're also playing the weakest team in the postseason. One that, based on their talent, should be picking top five but for having an absolutely great coach.

The Hawks are very banged up and are now in a dogfight with the eight seed.

The Bulls are pretty good but would be a third tier team in the West with Dallas and Portland.

And the Raptors and Wizards are flawed teams with awful coaches that would likely lose in 4 or 5 against any of the top five teams in the West.

The way the Warriors and Clippers are executing, the way their stars are coming to play, they have the look of Champions.

• Like 1

Toronto is kind of soft and their fans are immature. They have such a complex about Pierce, it's delightful. You can hear a really palpable "ohhh" every time he makes a play. They haven't figured out that he just feeds off their jeers and boos.

Wizards have completely seized control of the series. Only road team to win so far I think. Now if Chicago could go ahead and upset Cleveland and Brooklyn can upset Atlanta for us, we would be appreciative.

Toronto is kind of soft and their fans are immature. They have such a complex about Pierce, it's delightful. You can hear a really palpable "ohhh" every time he makes a play. They haven't figured out that he just feeds off their jeers and boos.

Wizards have completely seized control of the series. Only road team to win so far I think. Now if Chicago could go ahead and upset Cleveland and Brooklyn can upset Atlanta for us, we would be appreciative.

Works for me, as a Dubs fan.  

They don't even know the rules. They were booing in Game 1 after what they thought should have been a halfcourt violation when it clearly wasn't.

Probably going to sound weird coming from me, but I agree.

**** Cleveland

I'm not saying it because I hate Lebron.   I'm saying it because I'm terrified of Lebron.  

I want the Dubs to play the Knicks in the finals.   :)

Lebron going home early and watching the finals on TV works best of all, thank you very much.

His finals record isn't great but I agree. If you can avoid playing the best current player in the nba, then that's probably the better way to go.

I'm not saying it because I hate Lebron. I'm saying it because I'm terrified of Lebron.

I want the Dubs to play the Knicks in the finals. :)

I don't hate him either. I just loathe Cleveland, so its like hate by proxy. But yeah, outlasting the West and then having to face him isn't exactly a comforting thought im sure. He may have aged in dog years while in Miami but he can still take over a series like few can Edited by Mr. Sinister

Wizards the only team without home court advantage to win a game so far. Weird how chalky the bracket has been so far.

Surprised with the Wiz, but can't say I'm shocked at how the rest of the games have turned out. I'd expect the home teams to win again tonight, except for maybe the Clippers. Think the Spurs even that series.

Quick question. I am the first to admit that I don't watch much Wizards basketball. I'm a fan, but I live in California. How is Wittman a bad coach? The team is winning. What has he done badly the past two games?

I'm not arguing for him or against him. Just want to know what people think. What does he do badly as a coach?

Dammit that was meant for the Wizards thread. Oh well I'm too lazy to move it. I'm on my phone and have slept like 3 hours tonight.

Edited by abdcskins

Quick question. I am the first to admit that I don't watch much Wizards basketball. I'm a fan, but I live in California. How is Wittman a bad coach? The team is winning. What has he done badly the past two games?

I'm not arguing for him or against him. Just want to know what people think. What does he do badly as a coach?

Dammit that was meant for the Wizards thread. Oh well I'm too lazy to move it. I'm on my phone and have slept like 3 hours tonight.

The Wizards run this horrible offense where they take entirely too many long two point shots. There is very little creativity and the only reason it works is because Wall is a beast.

But Randy can get these guys to play tough defense so he has that going for himself.

• Like 1