Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Curry is the wire to wire MVP.

Best all around player in the NBA this year. Had the best individual season and led the best team.

Kerr deserves COTY too. And Draymond Green for MIP.

COTY is Budenholzer.  He has done more with less than Kerr.  If not Buds, then maybe Jason Kidd.  Its amazing how competitive Milwaukee is given that they were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NBA and Jabari Parker hasn't played a game.  

Harden is MVP.  He has carried a team to a top 4 seed in the West without any help.   Curry is a close second.  

Jimmy Butler or Rudy Gobert are best choices for Most Improved.  

Draymond Green should be DPOY.  

COTY is Budenholzer.  He has done more with less than Kerr.  If not Buds, then maybe Jason Kidd.  Its amazing how competitive Milwaukee is given that they were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NBA and Jabari Parker hasn't played a game.  

Harden is MVP.  He has carried a team to a top 4 seed in the West without any help.   Curry is a close second.  

Jimmy Butler or Rudy Gobert are best choices for Most Improved.  

Draymond Green should be DPOY.  

Curry is going to win the MVP.  Clear cut best player on the best team and it's not like he hasn't put up MVP numbers.  Better PER than Harden plus he's a better two way player than Harden.  And Klay Thompson isn't Dwyane Wade, he's not factoring in a vote for Curry.  And it's also not true that Harden doesn't have any help in Houston, they have a good team with a lot of good players: Ariza, J Smoove, D-Mo, Beverly, and Brewer are all good.  Not to mention Dwight Howard when he's healthy.

It'd be a pretty bad look for the NBA if Harden won MVP.  Validates the worst style of play and then there's the issue of him disappearing in the postseason.

It'll be Curry by a good margin.  The MVP always goes to a guy from the 1 seed if they have someone deserving.  It kind of feels like you're trying to reverse jinx Harden.

Budenholzer is a deserving candidate for COY but I think Kerr is more deserving.  He's been unbelievably good--coached the team that is the best on both sides of the ball.  And he's gotten all of his young players to take major steps forward.  That is a mark of truly great coaching, and it's something I don't think Budenholzer has matched in Atlanta.  Plus Kerr has gotten his team to play in dominant form down the stretch of the season.  Atlanta, OTOH, has slowed down and done a little bit of scuffling, playing .500 ball for the past couple weeks.  There is a chance GS finishes with 66+ wins.  This is not mid-90's Chicago, that's an incredible achievement from Kerr.

No way is Jason Kidd worthy of winning it over Kerr or Budenholzer.  He deserves recognition for getting Milwaukee to play .500 ball but 60 win seasons are truly remarkable.  Especially when you don't have a team with three All NBA players in their primes.

Draymond Green is also deserving of DPOY, but less deserving than Duncan IMO and I don't expect him to beat Duncan in voting.  I do think Jimmy Butler and Rudy Gobert are good candidates for MIP and I could see Butler winning it.  Gobert would probably win it in a different year but his improvement hasn't made eough of an impact in the W/L column for him to win it over Green or Butler.  I can definitely see Butler winning it, he became a legitimate All Star this season and his team is excellent.  But I would vote for Green personally--I think he makes a little bit more of an impact in the game and I think his improvement from last season to this one is a little bit more.

Kinda want Harden to get the MVP just to a sure to be epic post from SM lol

I'd start a petition to have his award come with an asterisk:

*First female player to win the NBA MVP.

Interesting factoid: James Harden isn't the first woman in NBA history.  That honor goes to Ann Meyers, one of the greatest women's basketball players in NCAA history.  She tried out for the Pacers in 1980.

Wiggins is going to be good, it's a question of how good.  His 16.2 ppg output is behind most of the recent super stars but ahead of some other big names.  Jordan, Durant, Melo, and Lebron never averaged less than 20ppg.  Kobe, Paul George, Pippen, and others got off to a much slower start than Wiggins is seeing, they all started in the single digits.  It will be fun watching him develop and seeing him inevitably break the hearts of long suffering Timberwolves fans. 

Wiggins is going to be good, it's a question of how good.  His 16.2 ppg output is behind most of the recent super stars but ahead of some other big names.  Jordan, Durant, Melo, and Lebron never averaged less than 20ppg.  Kobe, Paul George, Pippen, and others got off to a much slower start than Wiggins is seeing, they all started in the single digits.  It will be fun watching him develop and seeing him inevitably break the hearts of long suffering Timberwolves fans. 

The first 5 ( including Wiggins) you mentioned were immediate starters and cornerstone players for their franchises.

The Second 3 were not immediately.

I do agree he is going to be pretty good.