Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

But a lot can change in two months..

I was just thinking today how insanely long the NBA (and NHL for that matter) season is and how I wish they would chop 20 games off of each season.

The NBA should wait until Christmas to kick off their season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/former-nba-standout-anthony-mason-dies-at-48-152910120.html

Anthony Mason, the rugged forward whose toughness and relentlessness fueled his journey from afterthought to NBA All-Star, died early Saturday after suffering a massive heart attack and being diagnosed with congestive heart failure earlier this month. He was 48.

Eddie Mata, who interviewed Mason as part of his "Where Are They Now In Sports" video series, reported that Mason passed away at 2:36 a.m. Eastern time on Saturday. Peter Botte of the New York Daily News and ESPN New York's Ian Begley subsequently confirmed the 13-year NBA veteran's passing.

Man, this one hurts...

Anthony Mason was the first guy that I can remember having the label of "point forward."  Here's a guy 6'7" 270+ with the feet of a ballerina.  He was so damn nimble and could do literally ANYTHING with the ball in his hands.  You think of 1990's Knicks basketball, and outside of Ewing and Oakley, Mason HAS to round off that top 3.  He was the epitome of that era of rugged basketball. 

RIP to one of the best to ever play for the Knicks. 

• Like 1

Westbrook with his 3rd consecutive triple-double

The 4th quarter has not started.

Has anybody ever gotten three straight triple-doubles? I'm pretty sure Oscar Robertson probably did considering he averaged one for the season, but has anybody else done it?

And it's not that Westbrook did it three straight, but if I'm not mistaken, the last two has came in only three quarters!

Has anybody ever gotten three straight triple-doubles? I'm pretty sure Oscar Robertson probably did considering he averaged one for the season, but has anybody else done it?

And it's not that Westbrook did it three straight, but if I'm not mistaken, the last two has came in only three quarters!

LeBron did 3 or 4 years ago

• Like 1

After the game, Markieff Morris was critical of what he perceived to be a lack of consistent fan support in Phoenix -- and not just on this night.

"They don't boo but they don't cheer much, either," he said. "I know we're a lot better than that. I know Phoenix fans are a lot better than that. We have a lot of genuine fans that cheer for us, the ones that's in the first row, the second row, the third row. But once you go up you feel like people are just at the game watching.

"I just think we expect more from the fans," he continued. "That's basically what I'm getting to. We expect more. We expect this to be a home-court advantage every time we step on the court no matter if we're playing Orlando or we're playing Cleveland."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400579167

You know things are going well when players are scolding fans for being too quiet. 

Tonights the night Harden takes control of the MVP race.

Harden won't win it and one game is irrelevant to MVP consideration.

The MVP will be Curry if Golden State finishes on pace and he keeps playing. If they falter or Curry misses a lot of time and Memphis finishes well, then Gasol will win it. If both Golden State and Memphis falter and Cleveland finishes as the two seed, it will be LeBron. But right now, it's definitely Curry.

For Harden to win it over Curry or Gasol, Houston will have to finish as a higher seed than Golden State and Memphis.

Harden won't win it and one game is irrelevant to MVP consideration.

The MVP will be Curry if Golden State finishes on pace and he keeps playing. If they falter or Curry misses a lot of time and Memphis finishes well, then Gasol will win it. If both Golden State and Memphis falter and Cleveland finishes as the two seed, it will be LeBron. But right now, it's definitely Curry.

For Harden to win it over Curry or Gasol, Houston will have to finish as a higher seed than Golden State and Memphis.

He's been doing it all season, doing it on a bigger stage like a national TV game is what gets people talking. 

It probably will go to the media loved Curry. Not a doubt for me though that Harden deserves it more though. You take Harden out for Houston and that team is horrifically bad. He's singe handedly winning them games. Curry relies on Klay and I'm not buying Gasol having a chance. Curry, Harden and Lebron are the only 3 in with a shot. 

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400579167

You know things are going well when players are scolding fans for being too quiet.

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen an athlete say. What an ass.

Their fans would probably show more life it the team hadn't so badly ****ed up the Dragic situation and then punted their chance at the playoffs. The FO just sent a clear signal that the team is no longer trying to make the playoffs. And then their GM acted like a Dan Gilbert-esque butthurt fool with those comments directed at Dragic after they traded him.

If that farce had played out for my team I'd be in open revolt.

He's been doing it all season, doing it on a bigger stage like a national TV game is what gets people talking. 

It probably will go to the media loved Curry. Not a doubt for me though that Harden deserves it more though. You take Harden out for Houston and that team is horrifically bad. He's singe handedly winning them games. Curry relies on Klay and I'm not buying Gasol having a chance. Curry, Harden and Lebron are the only 3 in with a shot.

I think Harden is more deserving than LeBron. But he absolutely does not deserve it over Curry. Curry has played better on both ends of the court and his team is more successful. There's really no criteria in which Harden beats Curry. And Curry definitely does not rely on Klay Thompson. Klay Thompson ain't Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, or even Dwight Howard in terms of being a second star.

Gasol is the second choice right now. He's leading the two seed in the West as their sole star. For LeBron and Harden to pass him, their teams are going to have to finish better. And LeBron missed a bunch of games and Cleveland was terrible because of it, that's really going to hurt his chance of finishing higher than third.

Rule of thumb since the merger: the MVP only ever comes from the one and two seeds. Only been four times where that hasn't been the case. One was Jordan producing the greatest individual season a perimeter player has ever had, and two times came from 76ers teams who had the second best record in the league but were the three seed because Larry Bird Celtics teams had the best record and the two seed went to the winner of the other division.

Harden won't win it if Houston is the three seed and there are two MVP front runners ahead of him on the one and two seeds. But I can see him finishing third in the race ahead of LeBron if Cleveland doesn't finish as the two seed. But LeBron is going to get a lot of consideration he might not deserve more than Harden just because people still think of him as the best player in the league though.

This awards season isn't going to be super controversial if the year finishes the way it's gone so far.

- Curry will win the MVP.

- Duncan will win DPOY. Draymond Green will get consideration.

- Wiggins will win ROY.

- Budenholzer will win COY barring a collapse, although Kerr is going to be a close second.

- Jimmy Butler will probably win MIP but Draymond Green will get consideration too.

6MOY is the only award without a front runner.