Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I think cleveland is definitely going to be better now with mozgov. Plus dumping Waiters helps, though I'm not sure the cure won't be worse than the disease in the long run (Jr Smith). Still paid too much for Mozgov considering the wizards got Marvin Gortat for one first and Okafors expiring contract last season. But the cavs were in panic mode and absolutely had to make this work this year. Can't have Blatt get fired or risk Love or Lebron walking.

hahaha

x68wrrccsk7y0g66uw16.gif

Unrelated:  Can we sign a petition or something that bans this current Laker team from playing on TNT or any nationally televised broadcast?  They are terrible at the moment and no one wants to see them get crushed by every decent team in the country. 

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

As well as Dunleavy. Teams are packing the paint and daring them to shoot since there is no floor spacing

Hooefully everyone is back thursday

Losing Mike Dunleavey shouldn't seriously hinder any good team. That'd be like Wizards complaining about losing Martell Webster. The guy is a marginal role player.

The fact that his injury has had such an effect on Chicago's offense points to how thin and unbalanced the roster is.

I don't know what it is, but for the entire Derrick Rose era, for some reason the Bulls have just flat out sucked at finding shooting wings.

Oh, Derrick...

Derrick Rose: 'It's the whole team'

Losing Mike Dunleavey shouldn't seriously hinder any good team. That'd be like Wizards complaining about losing Martell Webster. The guy is a marginal role player.

The fact that his injury has had such an effect on Chicago's offense points to how thin and unbalanced the roster is.

I don't know what it is, but for the entire Derrick Rose era, for some reason the Bulls have just flat out sucked at finding shooting wings.

Well, A LOT of their problems would have been solved had they held on to Korver. 

They just have to hope that McBuckets turns out to be worthy of where he was drafted. 

Bulls are struggling and are playing without the best defensive player but it's the mid point of the season before the break. Plenty of time to get healthy and get right. No one is catching the Hawks anyway, the Bulls only concern is home court and holding off the Cavs.

Edited by Destino

not really. He wasnt playing at a high level in Chicago and often wet the bed in the postseason.

TO go further on Steve's point, I think its Rose AND Thibs.

I think I kind of see where you're going but not totally. You think it's Thibs because he runs his players into the ground? If so I can see that. Jimmy Butler's legs were completely gone in last year's playoffs and he couldn't hit a jumper.

Also I think their personnel man has done a poor job finding shooters. Tony Snell is OK but he wasn't really a knockdown shooter in college and he's still pretty undeveloped. McBuckets should probably be a good shooter eventually, but it was very unlikely he would be as a rookie. Mirotic is also very inexperienced too and you can see his decision making isn't great at this stage and it effects his shooting. Chicago's FO put them in a situation where Dunleavey was the only truly reliable wing shooter on the team this season. That was a serious mistake for a team competing for a title. They needed multiple better vet options.

But honestly the biggest issue is that the defense has totally regressed with the arrival of Gasol and Noah being less than 100%.

And I don't get what the issue is with what Rose said. He's 110% right.

In fact, he's been carrying the team offensively during the losing streak

This is still the same squad that has beaten Memphis, Toronto, Washington, Houston, and LAC convincingly at various points in the season. They were a consensus top 3 team just 2 weeks ago.

Things will get better.

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I think I kind of see where you're going but not totally. You think it's Thibs because he runs his players into the ground? If so I can see that. Jimmy Butler's legs were completely gone in last year's playoffs and he couldn't hit a jumper.

Also I think their personnel man has done a poor job finding shooters. Tony Snell is OK but he wasn't really a knockdown shooter in college and he's still pretty undeveloped. McBuckets should probably be a good shooter eventually, but it was very unlikely he would be as a rookie. Mirotic is also very inexperienced too and you can see his decision making isn't great at this stage and it effects his shooting. Chicago's FO put them in a situation where Dunleavey was the only truly reliable wing shooter on the team this season. That was a serious mistake for a team competing for a title. They needed multiple better vet options.

Thibs has never been a good offensive coach. Thats what I was suggesting.

In Atlanta, Korver is damn near always open for a 3. Thats was not the case for him in Chicago. There is very little ball movement in Thibs' offense. Its damn near Randy Wittman-like.

Thibs has never been a good offensive coach. Thats what I was suggesting.

In Atlanta, Korver is damn near always open for a 3. Thats was not the case for him in Chicago. There is very little ball movement in Thibs' offense. Its damn near Randy Wittman-like.

Anyone who leaves Korver open for a 3 deserves what he gets.   Dude is a machine.

Actually, I've seen him hit a lot of contested shots this year.   It's rare to see a guy improve this much at age 33, but he has done it.    

Anyone who leaves Korver open for a 3 deserves what he gets. Dude is a machine.

Actually, I've seen him hit a lot of contested shots this year. It's rare to see a guy improve this much at age 33, but he has done it.

He was touched by coach Jesus this past summer.

Anyone who leaves Korver open for a 3 deserves what he gets.   Dude is a machine.

Actually, I've seen him hit a lot of contested shots this year.   It's rare to see a guy improve this much at age 33, but he has done it.    

If he was a baseball player improving this much at this age, people would be talking roids.

Korver plays how many minutes a game, and how much defense.

He is paid to do one thing. He better execute.

Told my gf that if we ever broke up, I'd download Tinder in seconds and smash anything that moved in sorrow lol

Just saw you were responding to Clueless. EDIT: so never mind.

Tinder is the real deal dawg truuuuuust me

Deleted... Trying to be nice... Here and there that is.

I will state this part...you simply will not listen.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Hey remember Anthony Bennett? Is he still in the NBA?

Also remember Thomas Robinson? I still can't believe that guy was such a bust. If I had been in charge of the Wizards I might have picked him over Beal.

There are still posters on Bulletsforever who think Robinson is "incredibly talented" and can be our PF of the future.

Yeah.....

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2015/1/5/7495959/wizards-power-forward-of-the-future

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH