Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Damn just heard on 980 that LeBron and Irving got into in the locker room after the game the other night, "causing Irving to leave early and not talking to the media". I love it

That was after the Portland game right?  Kyrie responded to Lebron's words by going full on Kobe against the Jazz.  How long before the media loses patience with the cavs and start hyperventilating?  You can almost feel them just itching to freak out about it. 

Somewhat related, did you see Trevor Booker's dunk against the cavs?  (frame rate sucks on this youtube but whatever)

Good to see Booker doing fairly well. He's even developed a three point shot. 

Edited by Destino

Washington Wizards guard John Wall recorded his first career triple-double with 19 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds in a win over the Houston Rockets on Wednesday. The Elias Sports Bureau tells us that at 20 years and 65 days, Wall is the third-youngest player in NBA history to record a triple-double.

Only LeBron James (who had two at a younger age) and Lamar Odom had triple-doubles at a younger age than Wall. Here are some other notes, courtesy of Elias:

• The triple-double comes in Wall's sixth career NBA game; only four players needed fewer games to record their first career triple-double (Oscar Robertson, Hambone Williams, Magic Johnson and Connie Hawkins).

• Wall's 13 assists give him 61 in his first six NBA games, the most for a player in league history in his first six contests (Robertson had 60 in his first six NBA games).

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=5790863&i=TOP&y=1a29q

Looks like I was wrong about Magic being one of the two that got a triple double at a younger age. Looks like I got it mixed up with number of games to get it.

Also his 9 steals in his third game, the home opener, tied a franchise record.

• Like 1

Maybe we overestimated the transition.

It's one thing to go to a completely stable organization with good ownership and good coaching, and a defensively sound playoff team, to a smoldering dumpster fire with teammates sniping at each other the previous year, and expect one person to give it the midas touch and morph them into a championship contender.

They don't even have a clue how to be a playoff team yet.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Always appreciated Booker. Wish we could've kept him but not mad about it.

And is it just me or does he not look right in a Jazz uniform? Don't know, just seems off.

Agreed, it feels weird seeing him in a Jazz uniform. He added a three ball this offseason apparently. I'd like to see him find his way back to D.C. eventually.

Maybe we overestimated the transition.

It's one thing to go to a completely stable organization with good ownership and good coaching, and a defensively sound playoff team, to a smoldering dumpster fire with teammates sniping at each other the previous year, and expect one person to give it the midas touch and morph them into a championship contender.

They don't even have a clue how to be a playoff team yet.

I think they will get there by the end of the season.   

They will get there a hell of a lot faster if Kyrie tries playing some actual point guard, you know, the ones that pass and stuff.

Trade his azz to Boston for Rajon Rondo today, and Cleveland would go ham on the whole Eastern Conference.

Edited by Predicto

Sorry to be quoting myself. Just didn't see an answer. Does anybody know? I miss talking **** to him. And there's so much **** to talk right now.

I heard he got banned a little while back. I don't remember what he did, something in the MLB thread or elsewhere.

I was a little surprised. He was our most expert troll. He usually always knew exactly how to toe the line--and in the most passive aggressive way--to maintain plausible deniability that he was actually trolling.

I heard he got banned a little while back. I don't remember what he did, something in the MLB thread or elsewhere.

I was a little surprised. He was our most expert troll. He usually always knew exactly how to toe the line--and in the most passive aggressive way--to maintain plausible deniability that he was actually trolling.

That would be twa.

Bubbles is more like the Troll Lord apprentice.

• Like 1

That would be twa.

Bubbles is more like the Troll Lord apprentice.

:lol:

I'm not going to lie, I thoroughly enjoy twa.

Does he even like sports? I can't recall seeing him ever post anything in the stadium or in the sports threads in the tailgate. How did he even end up here?

BS I had to keep on ignore most of the time. Otherwise he was sure to get me banned.

Ahhh ya, I actually vaguely remember that in the MLB thread. Damn. Hope it's not a permaban. I...actually...miss him. (I'm going to go puke now.)

As for twa, just looked him up.

Active Posts 3,896

That's in 11 years. But you're right. I can't recall ever seeing one of his posts in the Stadium either.

I think they will get there by the end of the season.   

They will get there a hell of a lot faster if Kyrie tries playing some actual point guard, you know, the ones that pass and stuff.

Trade his azz to Boston for Rajon Rondo today, and Cleveland would go ham on the whole Eastern Conference.

Eventually, you're going to have to accept that Cleveland just isn't that good yet and isn't likely to suddenly become a juggernaut this year when none of their players outside LeBron and a couple of grey hairs have a clue how to win. Why are you so high on them? you don't even like Irving. Are you jinxing them?

re: Rondo, I don't know, in theory, a shooter at PG is what you want with LeBron. And Kyrie fits that bill a lot better than Rondo does. Rondo probably negates the floor spacing you get from Love.

But Kyrie needs to get his head out of his butt apparently and stop being a black hole. And play defense.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see Irving get hurt and Cleveland makes a run where the offense suddenly clicks into place. Cleveland is going to regret giving Irving that contract. I actually think that team would be a lot better if they could swap him for Roy Hibbert and found two 3&D players at the guard spots. Then sign a creative ball handler to come in off the bench (or have Waiters emerge in this role).

Edited by stevemcqueen1

They could also just use Lebron as point and take the ball out of Kyries hands.  Kyrie plays more like a 2 guard anyway so why not use him as a scoring wing and let Lebron run the plays.  If Kyrie start stopping the ball too much, Lebron can just stop looking for him. 

• Like 1

The thing is that they aren't just gonna learn how to play D in one year. That's gonna take some time so I don't they sniff the Finals this season

But I'd bet my house that before the end of the regular season, they rip off like 7-8 wins in a row

Their offense is simply too good.

And also LBJ hasn't been playing well either. In addition to his passiveness on offense, he's been abysmal on D as well.

There have been three 30-point, 10-assist performances so far this year and John Wall is responsible for two of them. Steph Curry had other.

Klay Thompson and Steph Curry each have 100+ points through 4 games. Last pair of teammates do that was Tony Parker/Tim Duncan in 2008-09.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Pop's act is really starting to get old. Resting starters FOUR games into the season?

I'm being totally serious. The NBA should start doing what pro wrestling does and announce before tipoff that so and so will not be playing and give out refunds within the first 5 minutes.

Edited by DM72

Pop's act is really starting to get old. Resting starters FOUR games into the season?

I'm being totally serious. The NBA should start doing what pro wrestling does and announce before tipoff that so and so will not be playing and give out refunds within the first 5 minutes.

Pop isn't obligated to anyone except to his own team. He knows he needs to have his guys rested come playoff time. He's perfectly willing to throw games in November if it increases his chances of a ring in June. I think the guy knows what he's doing.

Pop isn't obligated to anyone except to his own team. He knows he needs to have his guys rested come playoff time. He's perfectly willing to throw games in November if it increases his chances of a ring in June. I think the guy knows what he's doing.

Maybe Pop isn't but the NBA sure has an obligation. When they advertised this game, I'm will to bet Duncan and Ginoboli was in the highlights. Let's not play games, the NBA is about the stars, just like pro wrestling. People pay to see the stars. When they don't show up or play, fans, if they want one, should have the option to receive a refund.

Maybe Pop isn't but the NBA sure has an obligation. When they advertised this game, I'm will to bet Duncan and Ginoboli was in the highlights. Let's not play games, the NBA is about the stars, just like pro wrestling. People pay to see the stars. When they don't show up or play, fans, if they want one, should have the option to receive a refund.

Righteous indignation.

Wrestling is scripted performance, it's entirely about the spectacle. The NBA is about competition, with teams that are supposed to be trying to win championships. There is a difference between competitive sports and a traveling circus.