Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THR: It's Official: '24' Returning to Fox as Event Series

DCranon21

I liked that ending better than season 8. There is only so much you can do with the ending.

I had a feeling either Audrey or Chloe would die. I might have turned off the episode if it was Chloe.

I love Chloe, but she was annoying as **** this season. The writers didn't give her much to work with, but Goth Chloe needs to be permanently put down.

I love Chloe, but she was annoying as **** this season. The writers didn't give her much to work with, but Goth Chloe needs to be permanently put down.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with this character either. They had to explain how she could be in London and not be with Jack from the start. I just wish there was a better way. But she was still Chloe and 24 wouldn't be the same without her. Even now, watching seasons 1 and 2 and not seeing her is just weird.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with this character either. They had to explain how she could be in London and not be with Jack from the start. I just wish there was a better way. But she was still Chloe and 24 wouldn't be the same without her. Even now, watching seasons 1 and 2 and not seeing her is just weird.

Season 1 & 2 didn't need Chloe though b/c David Palmer was such a strong character.  One of 24's biggest flaws was killing off so many good characters.  The show really suffered in season 6, 7, and 8 without a strong supporting cast.

\

The Blu Ray apparently has an interesting character from the past showing up in it, and it's been confirmed by Reddit AMA with prominent 24 people. I'm not going to say who it is but it's interesting to see him or her back 

So I didn't watch commercials. I just start watching on the DVR about 10 or 15 minutes after it starts. Does the Blu-Ray have more episodes? Or is this just something that they sneak into earlier parts of the show. Without revealing any sensitive info please.

So I didn't watch commercials. I just start watching on the DVR about 10 or 15 minutes after it starts. Does the Blu-Ray have more episodes? Or is this just something that they sneak into earlier parts of the show. Without revealing any sensitive info please.

The commercial said twice that a "Major character" would be coming back. When I made a thread about it on the reddit for 24 I got shouted down with "So and so is coming back, it's been confirmed." So I'll take their word for it. 

Again, I won't say who is coming back, but the Blu Ray should have extras and cut scenes. Maybe the mystery guest is in a cut scene or promo for a new season. Who knows.

That was some "There can be only one" Highlander **** tonight.  ****ing awesome :D  I've always thought they would end it something like this.  I was very pleased with this mini-season.  

The commercial said twice that a "Major character" would be coming back. When I made a thread about it on the reddit for 24 I got shouted down with "So and so is coming back, it's been confirmed." So I'll take their word for it. 

Again, I won't say who is coming back, but the Blu Ray should have extras and cut scenes. Maybe the mystery guest is in a cut scene or promo for a new season. Who knows.

PM me who, I don't care about surprises and have a few ideas who it might be.

\

The Blu Ray apparently has an interesting character from the past showing up in it, and it's been confirmed by Reddit AMA with prominent 24 people. I'm not going to say who it is but it's interesting to see him or her back

Please post the link when you have a sec.

Please post the link when you have a sec.

Sorry, I dont' really have a link anymore. All I heard is from rumors and a reddit AMA with one of the 24 people involved. 

I just want to say that with the way the season ended, I'm happy with it (what was he going to do if it didn't happen, go home to California with Kim? Go back to the US?) and it helped set up a storyline for potential future seasons. I think they will definitely have a future season though. And they've got to bring back Kate. 

Sorry, I dont' really have a link anymore. All I heard is from rumors and a reddit AMA with one of the 24 people involved. 

I just want to say that with the way the season ended, I'm happy with it (what was he going to do if it didn't happen, go home to California with Kim? Go back to the US?) and it helped set up a storyline for potential future seasons. I think they will definitely have a future season though. And they've got to bring back Kate. 

Kate really grew on me and she has potential. Too bad the producers are probably going to off her after Jack hits it next season in episode 7.

I will be upset if there isn't another season if not plural. I could have lived with the original ending of "jack lives the rest of his days on the run and in hiding" but I won't be able to handle jack simply getting taken by the russians and probably tortured to death. 

I will be upset if there isn't another season if not plural. I could have lived with the original ending of "jack lives the rest of his days on the run and in hiding" but I won't be able to handle jack simply getting taken by the russians and probably tortured to death.

Yeah, if they made the show return 4 years later just to end by being taken by the Russians it's just like WTF should've just left the show alone.

Kate really grew on me and she has potential. Too bad the producers are probably going to off her after Jack hits it next season in episode 7.

Yeah, I'd probably watch a series with Agent Morgan as the lead. I'd be pretty interested even if she was just reading the phone book for an hour per week. 

My prediction is that the next series takes place in 2018 and Jack is now captain of the Russian World Cup team. 

Suspenseful action scenes aside, what a disappointing ending. Beating the misery drum yet again? Another of Jack's love interests dies? Jack is in prison again? Yawn. This show has desensitized me to character deaths and tragedy. In terms of drama that's all these writers have had for a while now. I'm not sure whether to hope for a Day 10 or not. On the one hand this miniseries was pretty fun until this ep, and I'd like to see some ACTUAL closure, but OTOH I have no confidence in these writers to do anything other than more cue the violins misery.

I just held my breath the whole time hoping that they wouldn't kill Jack off (at least blatantly on-screen). I was upset when they first announced bringing the show back, because I just had a feeling that they would be offing him this time around. Soooo pleased with this ending. I'm completely OK with him being tortured in Russia for the rest of his life  :D

I liked the ending. I saw the Audrey death coming, and figured the Russians would grab Jack one way or another, but I still enjoyed it overall, and I think it set up nicely for another season should they choose to do one(my guess is they will do another short one like this one). I'd love to see 24 return fulltime with Kate as the main character.

If they do another season, perhaps they will finally bring Tony back.  Maybe start with an angle that he is somehow locked up in a Russian Prison and He and Jack escape to stop another threat to the presidency?  LOL.  I can wish right?

I enjoyed this season.  The Margot angle went a little too long, but the last 3 episodes were pretty damn good. 

I might be alone, but bringing back Almeida does nothing for me.

Same. The other angle they could do (again) would be the reconciliation bit with getting back in touch with Kim. That, also, doesn't nothing for me. Maybe it's just time to let it go? 

For me, I enjoyed the "one last hurrah" that was this 24 season. It wasn't particularly exciting, new, or fresh. But it was 24 again and it was nice from a nostalgia standpoint. Nothing more and I'm ok with them not trying to bring back another season.

Of course they decided to not wrap it up nicely so that complicates things. Maybe a 2 part, 4 hour series of him breaking out, getting back home.. something like that. Not another season. Or half season. 

Archived