Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THR: It's Official: '24' Returning to Fox as Event Series

DCranon21

I hated the ending.  Hated it.  I much preferred the previous ending.

I didn't mind seeing Audrey kick the dust. I liked Jack getting his revenge and lopping off Cheng's head off. 

I wanted one of two possibilities:

1. Happy Ending: All is said and done, Jack gets his pardon, takes a job as a Batista at Starbucks, and just moves on with life.  

2. Sad ending: Jack dies in the line of duty, while saving the world, or Chloe, or something like that.   

I like happy endings, but I'd have been happy with a sad ending.  

btw, for anybody who knows, is this the first episode that has had 2 silent clocks?  One after Audrey, one at the end?  I can't remember another episode with 2.

The original 24 season in 2001 might have been one of the most revolutionary seasons of a TV drama in the last 3 decades.  If you look at what was on the air around the same time, there was nothing even close to what 24 did.

Also interesting: Jack was the only character that was in every episode.  (195 in the original run).  The next highest was Chloe at 126.  Alemda at 115, Pres. Palmer at 81, and it goes down from there.  

they really didn't mind killing off characters, and they probably killed off a few too many good characters, because they basically had to re-invent the cast every season.  Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn't.  

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived