Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Rookie Minicamp Begins

hunterx

Disagree, corners develop slowly as it is a very difficult transition. I hope to be surprised but I honestly don't expect to see him play much other than nickel.

Kinda my hope, too.

Just my admittedly uninformed opinion, but my impression is that the learning curve for CB's is slow. (And that the lessons can be expensive. Kinda like learning to play poker.)

I hope we get to see some more, really want to see Brandon Jenkins do something to show that foot is 100%, he's a beast, the only way he doesn't see playing time is due to injury. All this talk about Rambo, but Thomas is the one I want to see, he looked pretty fluid out there in the drill.

Gawwwdddd, the season is soo far away!

I thought he looked really smooth, especially compared to most of the others. The speed will be there with the reps but get the moves down first.

I'm gonna agree. I'm no DB coach but he looked the smoothest. May be he's just so good he makes it seem easier and more effortless than the other guys who seem like they're struggling to change directions/rotate.

Kinda my hope, too.

Just my admittedly uninformed opinion, but my impression is that the learning curve for CB's is slow. (And that the lessons can be expensive. Kinda like learning to play poker.)

Full House comes one card at a time.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 01:04 AM ----------

I hope we get to see some more, really want to see Brandon Jenkins do something to show that foot is 100%, he's a beast, the only way he doesn't see playing time is due to injury. All this talk about Rambo, but Thomas is the one I want to see, he looked pretty fluid out there in the drill.

Could be the third monster.

I think Thomas has a better shot a playing time early as well compared to Rambo. I get Rambo played more single high in College than Thomas butI think Thomas was taken higher for a reason. Jenkins will only really see time as a situational pass rusher while he learns the ropes as a stand up 3-4 OLB.

"Rich_TandlerCSN: A total of 72 players here for #Redskins rookie camp. 5 first-year, 7 draft picks, 12 UDFA's, and 48 tryout players."

--http://twitter.com/Rich_TandlerCSN/status/331036941279707137

"Rich_TandlerCSN: Among the #Redskins tryouts are Shawn Morris, RB of Birmingham Southern, Alfred's brother, and two RB's who played at Baylor with #RG3"

--http://twitter.com/Rich_TandlerCSN/status/331037483200573441

"Rich_TandlerCSN: Also here trying out for #Redskins, East Carolina WR Lance Lewis, who was in training camp last year, and Penn State QB Matt McGloin"

--http://twitter.com/Rich_TandlerCSN/status/331038497462951939

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 09:58 AM ----------

SUNDAY, MAY 05, 2013

List of Redskins tryout players

Here are the 48 players trying out for roster spots at Redskins rookie camp today:

Dylan Breeding, P, Arkansas Ryan Radcliff, QB, Central Michigan Matt McGloin, QB, Penn State Jackson Rice, P, Oregon Christopher Devonte, WR, Utah Antavian Edison, WR, Purdue Ryan Aplin, QB Arkansas State Alex Gillett, WR, Eastern Michigan Josh Jarboe, WR, Arkansas State Luke Anderson, FS, Wyoming Akeem Auguste, CB, South Carolina TJ Bryant, FS, Troy Avis Commack, CB, Akron Durrell Givens, SS, Iowa State Seth Thomas, CB, McNeese State Jammaal White, FS, Northwestern State Ashante Williams, FS, Illinois Rod Chisolm, RB, Appalachian State Rodney Barnes, SS, Richmond Washaun Ealey, RB, Jacksonville State Darryl Hamilton, CB, Richmond Kenny Miles, RB, South Carolina Jarred, Salubi, RB, Baylor Issac Williams, RB, Baylor Shawn Morris, RB, Birmingham Southern Kelly Johnson, FB, Alabama Colby Walden, CB, Jacksonville Mike Mayhew, RB, North Carolina A&T Jordan Cowart, LS, Notre Dae Chris Clady, OLB, Central State Steve Greer, ILB, Virginia Brandon Sharpe, OLB, Syracuse Toshmon Stevens, OLB, Florida State Tanyl Lanston, OLB, Colorado State Kevin Matthews, OL, Texas A&M RJ Mattes, G, NC State Korey Neal, G, Eastern Michigan Michael Repovz, OT, Central Michigan Andrew Robiskie, G, Western Illinois Wade Jacobson, OT, Washington State Rcky Barnum, G, Michigan Gregory Hardy, TE, Montana Devin Stark, WR, Austin Peay Lance Lewis, WR, East Carolina Xavier Boatwright, NT, Presbyterian Aaron Davis, DE, SMU Castro Masaniai, DE, Oregon State Andrew Semualo, DE, Oregon State

Kinda my hope, too.

I know, just get between the receiver and the ball!

Sounds easy, doesn't it?:ols:

A few random tweets about camp today

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

We weren't allowed to tweet at practice, but Bacarri Rambo had INT on a contested ball that popped in the air. WR Skye Dawson 2 nice REC's

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

As for Rambo & Phillip Thomas - in some team drills saw them rotating between a high FS position & then covering in slot in bump coverage

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN

Lance Lewis. RT @Rutle8: any tryout players standing out?

Rick Snider ‏@Snide_Remarks

TCU receiver SkyeDawson made two nice catches. Good speed. TE Jordan Reed didn't practice, but you can see the athleticism anyway.

Rick Snider ‏@Snide_Remarks

Utah receiver Devonte Christopher has good speed. 7th-rounder Jawan Jamison made me notice several times.

BJglim7CAAAJ80J.jpg

I have to admit that I don't watch a lot of college football, but what's the story on Avis Commack, cornerback from Akron. He transferred from FSU to Akron. I hope he gets signed to a contract.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you want him to be signed to a contract? you got any game tape of him?

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN

Rambo *really* stood out. Looks the part. RT @1RedskinFan: @TarikCSN who was most impressive or caught ur eye today from camp?? #Redskins

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN

WR Skye Dawson, a signed undrafted free agent out of TCU, also made a ton of plays. #RedskinsTalk

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you want him to be signed to a contract? you got any game tape of him?

There is a video of Tennessee and Akron's game last year on YouTube. I thought he held his own against cordarrelle Patterson. He is also almost 6ft 4 with decent speed.

Archived