Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaguars release new jerseys

21MadFan

As long as they were deciding to make their helmets look like ****, they should have made them spotted ala the Bengals striped helmets.

Also, when one of your primary team colors is teal for some reason you don't have a lot of options. They should have incorporated that goldish-tan color a whole lot more since it's the actual color of a jaguar, and as long as you use a different shade it isn't annoyingly redundant with other NFL franchises. Their emphasis on black pants has always looked idiotic to me, as with any team that wears black pants, especially coupled with black jerseys.

As long as they were deciding to make their helmets look like ****, they should have made them spotted ala the Bengals striped helmets.

Also, when one of your primary team colors is teal for some reason you don't have a lot of options. They should have incorporated that goldish-tan color a whole lot more since it's the actual color of a jaguar, and as long as you use a different shade it isn't annoyingly redundant with other NFL franchises. Their emphasis on black pants has always looked idiotic to me, as with any team that wears black pants, especially coupled with black jerseys.

I call it the Leotard effect.

yPUGW.jpg

ravens-black.jpg

rutgers-black.jpg

As long as they were deciding to make their helmets look like ****, they should have made them spotted ala the Bengals striped helmets....Their emphasis on black pants has always looked idiotic to me, as with any team that wears black pants, especially coupled with black jerseys.

They should have just made them solid tan, or solid teal. One of the two.

Also, the black pants/black socks combo looks like chick's yoga pants.

l_691ee380-7baa-11e1-81fb-eb4628400002.jpg

That's not a football uniform. It's like the more they complicate the new uniforms, the uglier they are. Look at the Redskins, Packers, 49ers, and Raiders. All have simple, yet awesome looking uniforms. I hope other teams don't continue to follow in the footsteps of the Seahawks.

I think the uniform is cool. The uniforms are suppose to look different, as the league grows older.

We're now in the 21st century, and I expect the redskins to get a face lift while keeping some of the rich tradition of the team uniform.

I still think the Skins are due for some kind of update.

---------- Post added April-25th-2013 at 11:29 AM ----------

Black jerseys are always cool. I don't know why people are anti-black.

Not into the two toned helmet though. But I'm not gonna rip them for being forward thinking and taking a shot.

It's not that people are anti-black. It's that they are anti-BFBS (Black for black's sake). If the team doesn't have black as one of it's colors, it shouldn't have a black jersey. Example: the Eagles. Their black jersey doesn't look bad in and of itself, but their colors are green and silver. I think the Lions have a black jersey also; it's totally unnecessary.

The Steelers and Raiders look fine in black, because those are team colors.

It's not that people are anti-black. It's that they are anti-BFBS (Black for black's sake). If the team doesn't have black as one of it's colors, it shouldn't have a black jersey. Example: the Eagles. Their black jersey doesn't look bad in and of itself, but their colors are green and silver. I think the Lions have a black jersey also; it's totally unnecessary.

But the Jags do have black. They have more black than white.

I always looked at black the same as I looked at white jerseys.

Not into the two toned helmet though. But I'm not gonna rip them for being forward thinking and taking a shot.

See below

Explained it perfectly for me. Look at the pictures I posted above. Rutgers!! Seriously? When the hell did you include black as a main color? "Everybody" is coming out with a black jersey now and it's just overdone IMO. I think it looks stupid, silly and hideous in 3/4 ths of the teams that do it.

---------- Post added April-25th-2013 at 11:59 AM ----------

But the Jags do have black. They have more black than white.

I always looked at black the same as I looked at white jerseys.

Their first jerseys were teal with white, black and gold trim. They've slowly incorporated black as a main color over the years. If the team wants to make a black jersey to sell to fans, I have no problem with it. I would not buy one, but to each his own. I just don't think they should be incorporated to the players jerseys when it isn't a main color.

Their first jerseys were teal with white, black and gold trim. They've slowly incorporated black as a main color over the years. If the team wants to make a black jersey to sell to fans, I have no problem with it. I would not buy one, but to each his own. I just don't think they should be incorporated to the players jerseys when it isn't a main color.

But fans are going to buy new jerseys no matter what color it is. That's because they are fans.

But I don't think they slowly incorporated it, because it was there from the beginning. But when they came out, teams weren't really putting out three jerseys so of course they had to go with teal and white. But them creating a black jersey isn't as bad as teams like the Eagles and Cardinals doing it.

They wore black helmets...

True, but although white isn't a main color, I love our all-white uni's when we wear them. I'd love to see RGIII and Alfred Morris tearing it up. The all-burgundy thing would be welcome change too, hasn't been done since Zorn's first year if I recall.

True, but although white isn't a main color, I love our all-white uni's when we wear them. I'd love to see RGIII and Alfred Morris tearing it up. The all-burgundy thing would be welcome change too, hasn't been done since Zorn's first year if I recall.

I'll be brutally honest and say that if we came out on MNF with all burgundy, I'd be hyped. MNF, season opener, all burgundy, would be the perfect time to eradicate the Burgundy On Burgundy Primetime Jinx.

That's not a football uniform. It's like the more they complicate the new uniforms, the uglier they are. Look at the Redskins, Packers, 49ers, and Raiders. All have simple, yet awesome looking uniforms. I hope other teams don't continue to follow in the footsteps of the Seahawks.

NIKE has control and when it's all said and done all the teams will look like they are playing in another Rollerball flick.

Archived