Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

The Hogettes dressed up like Missy Piggy with no native imagery (except the logo). Chief Zee wears a burgundy outfit with a headdress and no face paint. However, I do agree that the headdresses should be retired. They are considered very sacred to some NDN tribes.

This idiot is actually mocking the entire Mohawk tribe with this outfit. 

Ugh, so embarrassing.

Looks like the AP decided to jump on the bandwagon.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/26469470/texans-got-17-6-win-over-washington

Unfreakingbelievable

It's so ridiculous to read an article like that. All I can do is laugh now. 

but.......I am waiting for the day the Henrico County School system sends my kids home from school or suspends them because they have "Redskins" on their shirt.  That is the day I fly into a rage and fight back. 

How about this for a theory...

...WHAT IF...

Roger Goodell (who has been pretty Pro-Redskins in the name change debate) has to step down or gets fired b/c of this Ray Rice debacle...

...AND...

A new commissioner steps in, takes a hard line and insists that the name be changed?

Just a theory.  But I could definitely see it being a possibility.

It's all or nothing for the name changers. Changing the name won't satisfy UnWise Mike, Keith Olbermann, Sue Harjo, Amanda African-American Horse, Harry Reid, Bob Costas, or the liberals. They won't it all gone and that includes historical videos, photos, and artificats in the HOF.

Just like there are Skins fans that won't change anything, there are name changers who want everything (name , logo, and fightsong) changed.

For many it's all or nothing - no compromise.

Just like there are Skins fans that won't change anything, there are name changers who want everything (name , logo, and fightsong) changed.

For many it's all or nothing - no compromise.

I'm willing to have all Native imagery removed from the team brand. Go back to the Lombardi R helmets without the feathers. We can even stylize the helmet with the Joe Gibbs curly R. I would also discourage fans from wearing a headdress, it's considered to be very sacred in many tribes.

This is what I prefer in the long run.

I got this in a e-newsletter yesterday, and summed up my feeling s. I wanted to share on RedditSkins, where I am a member but they block name change stuff, and this forum popped up when looking for a better forum. Cant believe i missed this community for 14 years!

Just felt like sharing:

http://www.clotureclub.com/2014/09/r-word-redskins-means/ 

I got this in a e-newsletter yesterday, and summed up my feeling s. I wanted to share on RedditSkins, where I am a member but they block name change stuff, and this forum popped up when looking for a better forum. Cant believe i missed this community for 14 years!

Just felt like sharing:

http://www.clotureclub.com/2014/09/r-word-redskins-means/ 

except for being wrong when he says 'and it will be the right thing to do', not alot to disagree with there. 

still, yet another opinion article. i could care less about peoples (non natives, at least) opinions on this issue. non NA's opinions on this issue are beyond tired. 

welcome to the board, btw.

I'm willing to have all Native imagery removed from the team brand. Go back to the Lombardi R helmets without the feathers. We can even stylize the helmet with the Joe Gibbs curly R. I would also discourage fans from wearing a headdress, it's considered to be very sacred in many tribes.

This is what I prefer in the long run.

I'm with you.  I would advocate exactly that before I would advocate changing the name.  Lose the current logo.  Use the Gibbs era script R as the logo.  The Redskins are the football team, and the name only references the team.... OR strictly for the sake of argument the only thing that would make the name change doable for me is the Warriors with the WWII G.I. logo I have seen, or an even better design.  Keep the Burgundy and Gold color scheme, and maybe use a Navy Blue or something for accenting... that is the only design for a potential re-brand that I have I have seen that I actually like.

For me it's very simple.  If the name goes, the Native theme goes with it, because I would never want to have to go through something like that again as a fan, and as should be evidenced by the Chiefs now being under fire as well...simply changing the name won't end the discussion anyhow.  I want something beyond reproach. 

For me it's very simple.  If the name goes, the Native theme goes with it, because I would never want to have to go through something like that again as a fan, and as should be evidenced by the Chiefs now being under fire as well...simply changing the name won't end the discussion anyhow.  I want something beyond reproach. 

Well said.

And I know you mean if.

Archived