Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Typical 'ride the wave' response, from a failed DJ who can't get 10's of people to listen.

Try having an original response that isn't already on Huff/MSNBC and maybe you can double your listeners to 4.

lol

Whatever you say my man, I really have no idea what you're on about.

~Bang

lol

Whatever you say my man, I really have no idea what you're on about.

~Bang

You must have forgotten to give that shout out he requested on his birthday. You DJs never seem to understand the pain caused by your carelessness.

Other Owners are affected. Do you think they give a s*&t how successful Snyder is...

This now much bigger than Snyder and FedEx...

FedEx has declared its "neutrality" according to one ES poster. If so, that 's not exactly an endorsement.

They are not. They absolutely do, collective bargaining and all.

It is absolutely not. The only thing that will change Snyder's mind is money. Myself and millions of others will ensure that Redskins sells more than the next best thing.

FedEx will not leave the Redskins. Just do a little research. I assure you that the company just wants to stay away from this political mess. Much like everyone would.

I read it earlier today.

It didn't sway me in one way or another. Perhaps because I've heard everything before. It was a good op-ed and I laud the Post for including that in their opinion page (they could have buried it). Aside from that, it's more or less re-hashed arguments... and comparing us to Germans who hate gays doesn't strike me as a great ally either.

It has to effect Snyder and the Redskins first before it effects the other owners. Trust me, the "other owners" are FAR more afraid of what will happen financially if the Skins lose their 80 year old brand than what any threat of protesting might do to their wallets.

But I get why you feel the way you feel...much like those NAs who claim that hearing the word "redskin" makes them automatically think of their ancestors being "torn limb from limb" for money, you base your beliefs and feelings on all of this not on facts but on perceptions and what feels "right" to you emotionally.

No doubt BOTH sides are flinging a lot of rhetoric and some untruths.

I would rather keep the name and lose the logo. The name is more important.

If most fans feel this way then Snyder may go with the Washington Monuments or Lobbyists. It would be a lot easier than seeking a NA-related name.

You must have forgotten to give that shout out he requested on his birthday. You DJs never seem to understand the pain caused by your carelessness.

Damn,,  you know, the other fan of the show is supposed to remind me of that kind of stuff.

Anyway, some have mentioned sponsors pulling out, and of course that would absolutely cause the other shoe to drop, provided no one else wanted to step up.

Given the massive popularity of the NFL, the fact it is the top television show in the country, i do not think they will be hurting for sponsors.

and if Fedex wants to pull it's name off the stadium, wouldn't bother me any, they can take their stupid circus fence at the top with them. as i recall they paid snyder something like 25 million for the rights.

to not sound crass about such sums, it's peanuts to the overall revenue stream of the team.

I can't recall many other national sponsors of the NFL that exclusively sponsor the Redskins, i don't think it works that way.

So losing sponsors would seem to me to be unlikely. The moment Sponsor X hung up the phone cancelling his deal, Sponsor Y will call to take it up.

The way i can see sponsors being effective is if RG3 loses some Addidas deals, but i don't know that the team would be concerned over that unless it starts causing players to leave...  which IS a possibility.

~Bang

Pointing out that I referred to what has been presented, in this thread, so far.

Responding with "Yeah, but if pigs fly, then . . . " really doesn't dispute what I said.

Nope.

Did it contain a single thing that hadn't already been beaten to death, in this thread?

It's mainly visual with little dialogue but ends with a shot of a Redskins helmet. Powerful.

No other team is mentioned.

If FedEx backs out, maybe Ashley Madison will step up to the plate.

Oh, by the way I don't see any sponsor pulling out because of the money the NFL makes. If Fed Ex does back out, which I don't think they will, there will be some other big hitter to fill the hole.

Like your pen name.

Sponsors can simply move their ads to another time slot.

yes, i'm sure sponsors see equal value in advertising during NFL games as they do during whatever is on CBS at 8PM on Sundays or Monday, or Tuesday, or any other day on the calendar year.

Who needs to be on the #1 show on television?

They can simply move their time slot.

And lose millions and millions of viewers.

No biggie.

~Bang

Redskins Launch Official Military Appreciation Club

I still believe they are covering their bases to be ready for the day the NFL/Owners force a change after a long fought batted.

Keep coming up with other names. But it will be the Warriors and it will be American Military themed.

warriors.png

Current fans would be upset.....but national goodwill would go through the roof being the team of the Armed Forces.

Still don't want a change. Just sayin'......

Like your pen name.

Sponsors can simply move their ads to another time slot.

Thanks, but you hardly ever see companies do what is not in their best interest. You think sponsors are going to remove themselves from Monday Night Football? The only way they do that is people stop using their services and they actually see a hit in their bottom line. Not going to happen any time soon.

Coke meeting: Sir we are not going to run an ad tonight because we do not agree with the Redskins name. instead we have decided to advertise during Two and a Half Men

President: How many people watch MNF?

Coke Exec: 1 billion sir

President: How many watch Two and a Half Men?

Coke Exec: 3 sir

President: You are fired for missing out on 1 billion viewers, you're an idiot.

When have you seen a company take a stand against anything that did not affect there bottom line? For every one you give me, I can give you 2 million that do not.

Paying workers the least amount possible or theft of their property, that is what they take a stand for. Someone murdered down the road from their head office, that's o.k. as long as they didn't use our services. Shoot even if they did, out with the old and in with the new.

Damn, most of these companies make their products in China. CHINA! You think they give a damn about human rights? They look at their bottom line and how to make more money, that is it. There are not enough people enraged by the name to make these companies back out currently. It does not make sense for them.

People get pissed that a ton of companies make their crap in China. Yet....

Husband: Dammit, this is made in China!

Wife: But Honey, it is cheaper by 23 cents.

Husband: O.k. O.k. you talked me into it

Wife: That's a good sheep

If FedEx backs out, maybe Ashley Madison will step up to the plate. 

It would make for interesting End Zone celebrations and cross promotions. 

I still believe they are covering their bases to be ready for the day the NFL/Owners force a change after a long fought batted.

Keep coming up with other names. But it will be the Warriors and it will be American Military themed.

Current fans would be upset.....but national goodwill would go through the roof being the team of the Armed Forces.

Is this guys face brown because mostly our military is made up of minorities? lol, the questions will never stop, don't people get that? No matter the name. I do like the logo and the theme though, and it would work. Right now what nobody mentioned is the old, bad talk is better then no talk. In an off time, the Redskins are being talked about. 

I'd be able to get on board with that. Make the logo a codetalker.

Right now what nobody mentioned is the old, bad talk is better then no talk.

That's true if you're worried about marketing. Not true if your concern is winning football games.

Reminds me of the early and mid 2000s when DC real estate educators were advising advertisers to keep images of people out of all residential ads. The reason, to avoid allegations of steering based on race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. It didn't matter who, what , or where, it was ill advised to show people, period. They've since relaxed from those standards, but the people I see in the ads today are often cga, to avoid showing real folks.

Hypothetically, even if sheep stopped buying a certain product, people generally don't take a stand for a long time anyway. Remember Chick Fil A?

Sheep 1: Like oh my god they are soo insensitive.

Sheep 2: I know right the gays should totally be married and have babies.

Sheep 1: I will never eat there again

A week later

Sheep 1: Oh, that place despises me

Sheep 2: They are so insensitive right? Like oh my god!

Another week later:

Sheep 1: I'm hungry

Sheep 2: Well there's a Chick Fil A

Sheep 1: O.K., but don't they hate the gays

Sheep 2: Maybe, or was that Burger King? Burger King sucks anyways and I haven't had chicken in at least two weeks let's go there.

Sheep 1: Is it o.k. for sheep to eat chicken

Sheep 2: BAAAHHHH!!!!

So the team changes to Warriors, adapts the logo in Skins Gold Pants post, and we can call them the G.I.s. (Government Issue, after all)

There's a bit of ring in that.

we could call the defensive captain Sgt. Rock  :D

~Bang

Ugghh...I really don't want a military theme.  Anyways, I don't see a rebrand coming to one of the most historical franchises in sports.

Archived