Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 4/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, CaptainJames2004 said:

Hell on Wheels was dope overall, though I didn't like what they ended up doing to Elam's character. It was dumb. The Chinese love interest was also kind of silly imo. That theme song though!

Yeah, Common really shined on the show . Surprised me. Also liked Colm Meaney as the ruthless railroad tycoon, and the guy that played Thor Gunderson, and the scheming Irishmen.

I agree though, when they made it to the Salt Lake region, the show got weird, and it was clear that the end was near. From what I read, it was Common who actually decided to leave the show to pursue other opportunities. It def went downhill though.

Deadwood is coming back as some sort of miniseries, but I definitely need my Western fix.

Deadwood/Hell on Wheels were masterful shows with strong, yet flawed characters and villains.

If you haven't seen it, Godless is another good one on Netflix with Jeff Daniels and Jennifer Connelly. Not sure if that was a one time deal or not though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Do yourself a favor and stream the previous seasons. 

Can't wait. Netflix also saved Designated Survivor, at least I think it was them.

Season 2 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is now available. This season is 9 episodes.  Only 2 episodes in but you can tell Sabrina will be going darker this year.

Watched the most recent four episodes of Into The Badlands today.  Pretty good so far.   It seems like they're trying to make MK more and more unlikable though.

Oh **** I just got to the end of the last episode....I did not expect that....😢

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Watching the first episode of Season 2, pretty good.

Did not expect that season ending :o 

cant wait for Designated Survivor to drop. Hopefully they tighten up on a few of the story threads that had been dangling & streamline it just a tad. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching Sounds of Silence season 1 earlier (it's on twitch and youtube)

It's a Vampire the Masquerade campaign (vampire tabletop role playing game) actual play that's a lot of fun and gets pretty dark. 

Pretty wild ending too.

Here's the first episode/playlist on youtube:

• Like 1

I'm trying to enjoy Black Summer,  but so far it just seems like your run of the mill trackzack show/movie/thing. There is also way too little dialogue and every scene seems way too jumbled (The ho hum nature of the show also makes it tough for this to come off as anything but a an unwelcome distraction).

1 hour ago, Bang said:

"Bosch" just started up season 5 on Prime.

Quality detective show. Great cast.

~Bbang

I just got through season 1. Can't believe I hadn't paid attention to this one until now. His partner is Marlo from the Wire, daughter was Sophia from Walking Dead. Can't wait to binge the next 4 seasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yohan said:

I just got through season 1. Can't believe I hadn't paid attention to this one until now. His partner is Marlo from the Wire, daughter was Sophia from Walking Dead. Can't wait to binge the next 4 seasons.

Yeah, it's good.. Lance Reddick is also in there from The Wire. He's always good.

the characters are from a series of books by Michael Connoly.. highly recommended.. they pair hand in hand with his Lincoln Lawyer characters. (if you saw that movie with M. McConaughey,)

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

Tuca & Bertie on Netflix is pretty good. It's got the BoJack art design but that's about it. It's like Broad City if the characters were in their 30s and cartoon birds.

Also, Ramy on Hulu is a good watch. A more realistic and down to earth Master of None.